New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Because a disc costs pennies to manufacture. Custom PCBs don't come cheap my friend, plus the eproms, plus the cases that have to be bought from "someone". You picked the wrong system to get into if paying 200+ for a game is a problem.

Custom PCB's arnt expensive enough to warrant that cost. And the XYX release used a wood case which may or may not have been cheaper than having a plastic one made. I mean if people are buying them, which it seems they are then the price is right and more power to them. I just couldnt ever imagine paying that kind of coin for 1 unlicensed game. I've said it before I'm not in it for collecting all the super rare carts. I was considering a purchase, but not a BMW car note sized purchase.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Why EVERY FUCKING TIME? What's it been, six games now and this fucking thing gets asked every time.

EVERY FUCKING TIME!

Yeah, I'm in, can't wait. Trying to be a cheapskate this time and buy the game center edition, but I know I'll buy the LE.

I think your caps lock is sticking bro. :keke:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Custom PCB's arnt expensive enough to warrant that cost. And the XYX release used a wood case which may or may not have been cheaper than having a plastic one made. I mean if people are buying them, which it seems they are then the price is right and more power to them. I just couldnt ever imagine paying that kind of coin for 1 unlicensed game. I've said it before I'm not in it for collecting all the super rare carts. I was considering a purchase, but not a BMW car note sized purchase.

You're dumb.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Cool that they've got a new shmup coming out already, but I'd have preferred to see another vertical shooter like XYX

pipes

Cool that they've got a new shmup coming out already, but I'd have preferred to see another vertical shooter like XYX

I doubt we'll see another one of those.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
What the fuck?! A new Neo Geo game? This must be worth all the money in the world. I don't care if it's good or not, I will preorder 300 pieces because I am such a huge supporter of the Neo Geo and SNK!

If I will play this game? No, not really. But sometimes in the future this game will be worth a third world country and people on the internet will worship me because I own this game! Yeah!!!! or so.....

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
What the fuck?! A new Neo Geo game? This must be worth all the money in the world. I don't care if it's good or not, I will preorder 300 pieces because I am such a huge supporter of the Neo Geo and SNK!

If I will play this game? No, not really. But sometimes in the future this game will be worth a third world country and people on the internet will worship me because I own this game! Yeah!!!! or so.....

I plan to retire on my Neo-Geo collection. I'm not going to sell them, but I imagine they'll have appreciated so much I can just live off the interest they make.

Bet you didn't know this, but PrimeCap does select certain Neo-Geo games today in their Odyssey Aggressive Growth fund. Too bad that fund is closed to new investors, but you can just start buying the carts today. It might not be as balanced as PrimeCap's portfolio, but it'll save you money in maintenance fees every year!

Dude, let's buy countries next to each other!

francovel3

Crossed Swords Squire
People can slate and curse all they want, either way there all gona sell out so bounce along if you got a problem, I will buy the Le version like many others and will not give a 5h1t

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Custom PCB's arnt expensive enough to warrant that cost.

You have to understand that money you're paying (or not in your case) is not meant to only cover the cost of the pcb, wood shell and such. When you're paying 400-450 euros, a good chunk of that money actually goes toward the cost of development. Think of it like you're financing part of the development, because they know they could never recoup the cost of development and parts, if they were selling their games at $100-150.

It's not like they're creating games that are likely to sell 5000-10 000 units. They know it's a niche market, and since they've managed to pump out a few games so far, I guess they've correctly set themselves up as far as pricing and produced unit.

Last edited:

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
I got no problem.
You can burn your money in every way you want, it's fine with me. I just want to have some fun with the "Neo Geo must be kept alive" group. :D

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
You have to understand that money you're paying (or not in your case) is not meant to only cover the cost of the pcb, wood shell and such. When you're paying 400-450 euros, a good chunk of that money actually goes toward the cost of development. Think of it like you're financing part of the development, because they know they could never recoup the cost of development and parts, if they were selling their games at $100-150.

This I can understand. It would have been cool though if they could have done a kickstarter or something, that way the collectors can pay $550 to get the special perks, and the people who just want to enjoy the game can get it for $100 - $150

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
This I can understand. It would have been cool though if they could have done a kickstarter or something, that way the collectors can pay $550 to get the special perks, and the people who just want to enjoy the game can get it for $100 - $150

you seem to be lost my son
the princess is in another castle....

pipes

I'll PM you as soon as that happens.

francovel3

Crossed Swords Squire

$150 your on drugs, what you smoking, open your eyes and stop being a wally, we're are you getting your numbers from, $150 that's a insult to the neo geo and so what if it's 3rd party, I think you need to change systems or leave gaming cause neo geo was never meant to be cheap

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
$150 your on drugs, what you smoking, open your eyes and stop being a wally, we're are you getting your numbers from, $150 that's a insult to the neo geo and so what if it's 3rd party, I think you need to change systems or leave gaming cause neo geo was never meant to be cheap

I'm getting my numbers from practicality. I do understand though that the NeoGeo is a limited market, so you have to squeeze out as much money as possible. But there are other ways of making money off your creations then selling one or two time prints of a game for an outrageous amount of money.

As far as it being third party, I was referring to the price being more than any of the officially licensed neo geo games. So its not like its a rare one off from SNK.

Anyways the game looks cool, to each their own though.

Last edited:

pipes

I'm getting my numbers from practicality. I do understand though that the NeoGeo is a limited market, so you have to squeeze out as much money as possible. But there are other ways of making money off your creations then selling one or two time prints of a game for an outrageous amount of money.

As far as it being third party, I was referring to the price being more than any of the officially licensed neo geo games. So its not like its a rare one off from SNK.

You're actually dumber than I originally thought. My bad.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Original price of Neo Geo MVS games were around $500-600 and as much as $1000 a title during the later years. The King of Fighters games usually debuted in the higher end of that figure.

I know it's hard for someone who wasn't here for any of this to know what the hell they're talking about. You know, we get that... You should probably not spout off bullshit you think as fact, though. A few of us have been here and seen what Neo Geo MVS prices were for new official games... and... Let's face it. You whining about the price isn't doing anything to fix it.

Want to change things? Get some friends, make a cool game for the Neo, and sell it for $100-150. We'll all be here supporting you like mad. Your bitterness isn't solving anything, so might as well be constructive with your angst.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Original price of Neo Geo MVS games were around $500-600 and as much as $1000 a title during the later years. The King of Fighters games usually debuted in the higher end of that figure.

I know it's hard for someone who wasn't here for any of this to know what the hell they're talking about. You know, we get that... You should probably not spout off bullshit you think as fact, though. A few of us have been here and seen what Neo Geo MVS prices were for new official games... and... Let's face it. You whining about the price isn't doing anything to fix it.

Want to change things? Get some friends, make a cool game for the Neo, and sell it for $100-150. We'll all be here supporting you like mad. Your bitterness isn't solving anything, so might as well be constructive with your angst.

Yea because they where aimed at arcade owners whom where using them to draw attention/make a profit. Not end users, and for the AES, well you see how well that worked for SNK.

I never claimed anything as fact, I came in here and asked a question. And some of you took offense. I wasn't whining, and honestly I don't really care because as stated before. I'm not trying to collect abunch of carts. I just thought it was cool that people where still developing for the system and was willing to show some monetary support.