New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
To be fair, if you plan on playing your copy of XYX for DC on a rotated monitor, you're fine. But personally, I opted to buy the DC release BECAUSE NGDEV bothered to include an exclusive Tate-in-Yoko screen mode for the scrubs like me who are happy to play all their vert shmups, vertically, on a normal TV.

Something unavailable on the AES/MVS release.

It's only in this exclusive mode where everything fucks up. Avoid that, and everything will run and look fine. Depends on your set-up/willingness to rotate your screen I guess...

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
My one gripe with this game is the shooting scheme. It's the same! No power-up/variations. I want different weapon schemes to take on different level/boss challenges (w/certain weapon choices having an advantage over other selection choices per level if applicable). I'm going ol'school and think Turbo Grafx "Blazing Lazers" or "Lords of Thunder". Something more recent.....PS3 versions of "Soldner-X" or "Soldner-X2".

Collecting orbs for points is fine and all...but I want to blast everything using different weapons for my ship. Fast Striker and Last Hope had the same weapon schemes! Imagine if Gun Lord had one weapon scheme with no variations? It's the different weapon choices that make Gun Lord more fun/exiting to play...repeated times.

So basically what I got here with Razion......Fast Striker in horizontal view with different graphics/soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, I love Fast Striker and if I didn't have I'd be all over Razion. But for now....no thanks.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
In Fast Striker, each of the three modes has a different weapon type. Last Hope Pink Bullets allows changes in the sub-weapons.

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
I'm aiming for 'main' weapon variations.....regardless of difficulty setting. Go play "Soldner-X2"...Hellwig are on the credits so they know what's up. I sold Last Hope because it bored me. I get more mileage out of Last Resort and Pulstar on the Neo....and plenty of Turbo shooters that kick the a$$ out of Last Hope.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Soldner-X2 is good trolling. The devs are evil and put a power down that initializes all your weapons right before the final boss if you take it by mistake. XD

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Soldner-X2 is good trolling. The devs are evil and put a power down that initializes all your weapons right before the final boss if you take it by mistake. XD
Hey I was curious about Soldner-X2, is it as boring as the first one?

To be fair, if you plan on playing your copy of XYX for DC on a rotated monitor, you're fine. But personally, I opted to buy the DC release BECAUSE NGDEV bothered to include an exclusive Tate-in-Yoko screen mode for the scrubs like me who are happy to play all their vert shmups, vertically, on a normal TV.

Something unavailable on the AES/MVS release.

It's only in this exclusive mode where everything fucks up. Avoid that, and everything will run and look fine. Depends on your set-up/willingness to rotate your screen I guess...
Thanks Ninja, I'm glad you mentioned that 'cause I do have the ability to tate so no worries, I'd like to get my hands on it some time.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you didn't like Soldner X, I doubt the sequel is going to change your mind.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
10479065_750240431698900_5937048082214549672_n.png

i like their newer art style, seems NG dev team mastered Anime proportions especially the big eyes

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
"Pre-selling for Razion AES LE is now open: Razion AES LE ENG/JPN combined is limited to 75 units worldwide"

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Even though I didn't want too I had to pre-order again. They really convinced me with their new art direction. :D

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
The Price is to high i think.

I wonder if we can just start a thread dedicated to NG: DEV price bitching so everyone can get it off their chest and get over it. You can form a little community and have weekly meetings and all that shit..whatever. Just a thought.

I wonder if we can just start a thread dedicated to NG: DEV price bitching so everyone can get it off their chest and get over it. You can form a little community and have weekly meetings and all that shit..whatever. Just a thought.

Sorry, but i must work hard for my Money and i dont can spend big cash without any end, like a dog can make shit without any end.
And when i pay so many cash i will see before what i become for my cash:
Not willed to pay for trash!
I have payed for years Kickstarter Redux Dreamcast , and i become for my Money this year fully Buggy Trash Redux!

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

hahah YES! this! QFT x1000

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Sorry, but i must work hard for my Money and i dont can spend big cash without any end, like a dog can make shit without any end.
And when i pay so many cash i will see before what i become for my cash:
Not willed to pay for trash!
I have payed for years Kickstarter Redux Dreamcast , and i become for my Money this year fully Buggy Trash Redux!

That's fine but don't say something is overpriced just because you can't afford it.

Edit: To be honest, I haven't got a clue what you're saying in that post.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
That's fine but don't say something is overpriced just because you can't afford it.

Edit: To be honest, I haven't got a clue what you're saying in that post.

Unless its that hidden pony game.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Honestly, I like the look of this more than their previous shooters. Definitely interested in how this one turns out.

Al2k

n00b
Honestly, I like the look of this more than their previous shooters. Definitely interested in how this one turns out.
Ideed, this game looks nice, it's the first NG:DEV game that really got my attention, hope to play it around mid-late 2015...