New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Well yeah i guess it is better to spend the better part of a grand to purchase another shooter for a console that already has in its library games like Pulstar and Blazing star.

And you know what?...every time a new NG: DEV game arrives at my door it puts a smile on my face, ear to fucking ear baby. I don't remember Pulstar or Blazing Star ever having that effect on me. Now, what's the value of that in dollars and cents?....fuck do I know. What I do know is that I've haven't regretted one NG: DEV purchase to this point so that has to count for something.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Order placed, kinda fudged the payment method though. :/ Seems like paypal charges about 3-4 percent for currency conversion, I was hoping to pay with a travel rewards cards (no foreign transaction fee). Oh well, drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Valid point but why only stick to the old recipe just because it is the easiest thing to do?
If you're doing "the easiest thing to do" while you play in "god hard mode", that is still legit like hell. Think about it: It is not easy to produce decent shooters, sell them and build a business while doing so - on any hardware. It is even harder with an old system, and even more so on a niche one like the Neo.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Order placed, kinda fudged the payment method though. :/ Seems like paypal charges about 3-4 percent for currency conversion, I was hoping to pay with a travel rewards cards (no foreign transaction fee). Oh well, drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

When I pay for NG Dev stuff, I always use the credit card as the source, and set it so it charges to Euros to my card (as oppose to having Paypal do the conversion). You usually save some money as the CC providers aren't as greedy as Paypal.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
And you know what?...every time a new NG: DEV game arrives at my door it puts a smile on my face, ear to fucking ear baby. I don't remember Pulstar or Blazing Star ever having that effect on me. Now, what's the value of that in dollars and cents?....fuck do I know. What I do know is that I've haven't regretted one NG: DEV purchase to this point so that has to count for something.

This is almost reason enough for me to preorder. Only downside is that it'll have to be the last gaming purchase I make this year unless the consignment work picks up.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

Suppose that says it all really, which is a shame (for you) btw, as they both, really are, paramount examples of some of the best hori shooters in existence.

I don't have the money to have all of NGDEVs releases, so have to be selective about the ones I do buy. Fast Striker was the first NGDEV title I played where I felt, I definitely wanted it for NeoGeo (I always buy the DC copies ahead of the NeoGeo releases).

However, with Razion, there is no planned pre-Neo release (or any release?) for Dreamcast, so will have nothing to go off, aside, I own and have played DUX, 1.5 & ReDux and, coming from someone with good experience of all those games, looking at the obvious similarities, I personally would probably not pay £300+ for a reiteration of DUX.

I suppose, if you've never played it before or had any hands on with any of the DUX's, this will feel fresh to you and you're free of apprehension. I'm also remaining optimistic that the game supersedes DUX's legacy in MORE than just the nice, new look visuals on display in Razion (a lot of which seem to have been recycled though, tbh)...

pipes

Suppose that says it all really, which is a shame (for you) btw, as they both, really are, paramount examples of some of the best hori shooters in existence.

Shame for me?......I doubt that because along with all of NG: DEV's games, I still do enjoy playing Blazing Star and Pulstar as well. No shame there.

pipes

There is a new photo on their twitter and facebook page, they already changed the size on the ship which was one of my complaints.

"First CRT photo of Razion's Stage 4. Colors of the bullets are off due to CRT blooming. It also shows parts of the new HUD and the smaller ship. A few seconds later the mid boss comes in..."

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam

Nice to see them paying attention to the feedback. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
turdPolishersUnion.jpg

pipes

^Wow, that is one impressive piece of shit.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
When I pay for NG Dev stuff, I always use the credit card as the source, and set it so it charges to Euros to my card (as oppose to having Paypal do the conversion). You usually save some money as the CC providers aren't as greedy as Paypal.

Yea, hit pay now by accident... thats I get for using a tablet.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Smart man. Now if I can figure out how to do that in PayPal since I hardly use it.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Smart man. Now if I can figure out how to do that in PayPal since I hardly use it.

Being Canadian, I almost never pay for anything on paypal using Canadian funds. So you kinda learn quickly that their exchange rate are actually a way to make money for themselves.

Ozzy2469

n00b
I just pre-ordered the LE, i have the other NGDEVTeams games for the DC. Just for once I wanted to get the real game for the CMVS/MVS. I think this game looks awesome can't wait!!

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
I'm just the slightest bit curious about something. Normally, a NG:DEV.TEAM release sells out overnight. But, in the case of RAZION, it's been available for preorder weeks and weeks without running out of stock. :eek:

So, what's going on here?! Did the NG:DEV.TEAM drastically increase the production run of this release? Are none of the fans interested in another shooter? Is there something else entirely to blame? :confused:

Personally, I'm stumped. The game looks amazing and I can't wait to get it. I just don't understand why not everyone else on here apparently agrees with me. :(

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Did the NG: DEV.TEAM drastically increase the production run of this release? Are none of the fans interested in another shooter?
I'd say a combination of these two. Also the game is not just another shooter, but one that looks very similar to a previously available one (see above).

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Jup exactly. The limited edition is still limited too 100 pieces and hasn't sold out for weeks.

Maybe people have enough of their shooters. I have to admit I'm also not sure if I'll get the game this time and I bought all their other releases in a heartbeat.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think it's because people were hoping the "unannounced game" was going to be a different genre. If this game was the Ikari one then it would have sold out easily but another shmup that just looks like the baby of two previous releases isn't gonna grab the audience they want. If I had disposable income and a review of the game then maybe I'd get one. So far I've only purchased Gun Lord new and that was because I really liked what I saw.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've held off too. Not because I don't want it. I do, but... It's a pricey bit of kit and it's getting harder to justify spending $550 a pop on video games when I have other things in my life I would rather do/buy/support.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm going to hold off on this one as well. It looks really great just want something instead of another shmup. Can't wait to see the Ikari game more than likely will pick it up.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Unlike Gunlord (which is practically a new Turrican game), this one has no nostalgia value; And unlike Xyx (which is the only vertical neo geo game) this game has really nothing special about it either.

There´s a bunch of pcbs from 80s and 90s that I´d rather get than this game. I´m skipping this one.