New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
RAZION / ラジオン is a horizontal 16 bit CGI shooting game.
The score system is based on growing gold cubes and using the beam
It has 2 game modes (NOVICE/NORMAL).
Novice mode is significantly easier and will allow more people to enjoy the great graphics and music.
Normal mode is a more maniac experience.

Game 6 stages with varied settings 6 huge end bosses 7 sub bosses 2 game modes Rendered 16-bit CGI graphics Horizontal shooting game

Hardware Specs (MVS/AES) Full use of 1560 Megabits (Gigashock) Full digitized stereo soundtrack In-system software updates via USB port (MVS) Custom made PCBs Custom made cartridge shell

The video was captured from the NEOGEO MVS pre-beta version and converted to 30fps by blending. The original game is 60hz@224p 4:3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyByt-9xyMM

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks nice.

But what happened to the ikari warriors like game?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So, are they ever going to make something other than some form of a shooter?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks nice and all but just looks like FS and LH had a baby.

What happened to the Ikari game?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
not to sound negative but they already have an 'engine' for Horizontal shooters in LH, so sprinkle some new sprites, bosses, sound effects and you have a new game.

an Ikari game would probably have taken them much longer to release than this. side note : I must lol at the Autumn release date.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I agree that it looks nice but I also thought 'not another shooter'.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Looks great but it's another shooter. I echo everyone's sentiment: time for NGDEV to develop a different genre game

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Wow looks cool, I am not a big fan of the ship design though. That terminator in the last part looked pretty amazing though. Do they charge your card immediately I am guessing if you preorder?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Ok, so I think what they are doing is great and all. But $550 for an unlicensed game? WTF! Why is it so expensive compared to their DC releases? Why not something more reasonable like $100?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Ok, so I think what they are doing is great and all. But $550 for an unlicensed game? WTF! Why is it so expensive compared to their DC releases? Why not something more reasonable like $100?

Why EVERY FUCKING TIME? What's it been, six games now and this fucking thing gets asked every time.

EVERY FUCKING TIME!

Yeah, I'm in, can't wait. Trying to be a cheapskate this time and buy the game center edition, but I know I'll buy the LE.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Why EVERY FUCKING TIME? What's it been, six games now and this fucking thing gets asked every time.

EVERY FUCKING TIME!

Yeah, I'm in, can't wait. Trying to be a cheapskate this time and buy the game center edition, but I know I'll buy the LE.

HAHA... right on cue. Don't ever change RT. ;)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Because a disc costs pennies to manufacture. Custom PCBs don't come cheap my friend, plus the eproms, plus the cases that have to be bought from "someone". You picked the wrong system to get into if paying 200+ for a game is a problem.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
besides, their DC ports are an afterthought. Look out how craptacular XYX DC turned out to be

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
HAHA... right on cue. Don't ever change RT. ;)

And before someone asks: No, there's not going to be a Neo CD version. Buy the Dreamcast version if you don't want to spend the cash on the MVS/Home Cart release. We might even see an iOS version like Fast Striker had. The carts are for collectors, and the price is warranted, just watch how every copy will sell out before the game is even released.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

EVERY FUCKING TIME!

Hey Rabbit, when did they charge your card when you ordered in the past? Also I found a thread on here that had shockbox inserts for the previous games but all the links were dead. Do they usually pop up after release? Its pretty hard to pay almost $90 bucks more for a case. I am on the fence, but dont want to miss out and regret it.

EDIT:: CC question answered below

Last edited:

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
Looks amazing. Went ahead and preordered an LE while they're available.

Wow looks cool, I am not a big fan of the ship design though. That terminator in the last part looked pretty amazing though. Do they charge your card immediately I am guessing if you preorder?

Yeah, you get charged immediately if you preorder.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey Rabbit, when did they charge your card when you ordered in the past? Also I found a thread on here that had shockbox inserts for the previous games but all the links were dead. Do they usually pop up after release? Its pretty hard to pay almost $90 bucks more for a case. I am on the fence, but dont want to miss out and regret it.

They charge immediately. That does kind of suck, as they are notorious for shipping their games late, but they're a small team and this is how they want to run their business. I personally think they could raise a lot more money doing an Indie Go Go, or Kickstarter, but eh, they seem to be doing fine.

My take on the Limited Edition is... Well, it's a lot of extra crap, really. Posters, soundtrack CD, some art and goodies... The only real gem out of the mix is the shockbox and insert, but you can easily buy your own shockbox and print your own insert. TBH, I'll probably get the regular edition this time, mostly because I'm getting tired of storing limited edition stuff. It feels like just more crap to keep in good shape for a game I'll probably never sell anyway ;)

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Looks amazing. Went ahead and preordered an LE while they're available.

Yeah, you get charged immediately if you preorder.

Thanks =) Going to have keep thinking it through, would have been easier to save up some money in preparation. Ill prob make a decision and they will sell out haha

They charge immediately. That does kind of suck, as they are notorious for shipping their games late, but they're a small team and this is how they want to run their business. I personally think they could raise a lot more money doing an Indie Go Go, or Kickstarter, but eh, they seem to be doing fine.

My take on the Limited Edition is... Well, it's a lot of extra crap, really. Posters, soundtrack CD, some art and goodies... The only real gem out of the mix is the shockbox and insert, but you can easily buy your own shockbox and print your own insert. TBH, I'll probably get the regular edition this time, mostly because I'm getting tired of storing limited edition stuff. It feels like just more crap to keep in good shape for a game I'll probably never sell anyway ;)

Thats exactly my issue with all the LE stuff, I have no where to store all the crap and I just really want the Shockbox and insert out of all of it.

Last edited: