New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least the Greek haven't stooped down to bootlegging neo carts.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I requested a plastic replacement shell because the wood one didn't fit in the cart slot properly and got scratched. Timm promptly sent not one but two replacement shells to me for free - one wood and one plastic. NGDevTeam is truly a class act and I look forward to buying from them again in the future :)

DSC07649.JPG

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's awesome mate, wish I got the same treatment when I contacted them about some small damage to my LHPB reprint.

When I received it the box it was sent in was slightly damaged and in turn the side of the kit received some damage too.

I took photos and contacted them, to which they replied and said they would send another kit box, then nothing... :(

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
That's awesome mate, wish I got the same treatment when I contacted them about some small damage to my LHPB reprint.

When I received it the box it was sent in was slightly damaged and in turn the side of the kit received some damage too.

I took photos and contacted them, to which they replied and said they would send another kit box, then nothing... :(

I'd contact them again. They must have just forgot to send it to you. They've always been very accommodating with me and never seemed as though they were unwilling to help out. Seriously, if you contact them again you'll get that kit box.

Also, it looks like they've moved on to the black shells now. I know they were running low on undamaged blue ones when I ordered my Razion cart. Hopefully the wood experiment is over with.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'd contact them again. They must have just forgot to send it to you. They've always been very accommodating with me and never seemed as though they were unwilling to help out. Seriously, if you contact them again you'll get that kit box.

Also, it looks like they've moved on to the black shells now. I know they were running low on undamaged blue ones when I ordered my Razion cart. Hopefully the wood experiment is over with.

Yeah, shoot Timm another email Jared.

The black plastic shells are pretty nice. Close to SNK quality.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I may do that, actually.

It's was at least 6 months ago, I'll have to pull up the sent emails as proof.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Yeah they are good people for sure. Off topic wonder how close its getting for them to announce the next game Ikari hopefully?

I requested a plastic replacement shell because the wood one didn't fit in the cart slot properly and got scratched. Timm promptly sent not one but two replacement shells to me for free - one wood and one plastic. NGDevTeam is truly a class act and I look forward to buying from them again in the future :)

View attachment 23172

Razion looks really good. I'm getting back into the Neo Geo after a long hiatus and this will fit the bill for me!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yeah they are good people for sure. Off topic wonder how close its getting for them to announce the next game Ikari hopefully?

I think "soon". Like, in the coming months. I asked them about plastic shells for my Razion and Timm replied this:

Timm said:
we drove everything MVS into storage to make room for Razion AES. With
the MVS release of our new game we have the MVS stuff on hand again. So
around December 2015.

So, if I understand correctly, they expect to be releasing their next MVS game aroung December this year?

Regards.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I think "soon". Like, in the coming months. I asked them about plastic shells for my Razion and Timm replied this:

So, if I understand correctly, they expect to be releasing their next MVS game aroung December this year?

Regards.

Thanks for posting that i hope its the Ikari game and not another shmup.

Last edited:

pipes

I've been thinking about starting a thread in the 'gameplay' forum dedicated specifically to scoring tables for all NG: DEV games....Last Hope all the way up to Razion.

FYI......the thread is up!

Start posting some scores!

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Hmmm shouldn't we start getting some info about the AES release anytime soon? Webiste FAQ said early 2nd Q 2015.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
The version 1.1 of Razion is in beta testing still. It should be available in a couple weeks after testing for bugs.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Will there be a Dreamcast release sometime in the future? This is the only way I'd consider getting the MVS, spend a little, see what you got and then consider the real deal.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
First ever Update for Razion 1.1 is now live!

version 1.1

- improved self test for motherboards MV1F/MV1FS (this fixes a reset bug that happens on some systems)
- fixed demo sound DIP switch handling
- improved CMVS support allowing to add credits in BIOS MVS mode with select button (requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')
- bug fix: MANIAC difficulty in NOVICE/NORMAL MODE if the game is started while watching the stage 3 demo. (to voluntary enable this "crazy mode" hold A+B+C while stage 3 demo run, start the game and select NOVICE MODE/a hiscore entry is then disabled)(requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

If you don't know already, you must Email them if you wish to give it a shot and test it out. I will be updating my cart tonight to see if various bugs that I encounter have been fixed. But, if only the bugs above were the only things fixed, then I suppose the majority of bugs I found were not fixed. :P We shall see.

I believe once I update there is no rollback, right? also, is there any risk that a wrong update may brick the boards? if so, are they repairable or not?

Thanks!!

pipes

I believe once I update there is no rollback, right? also, is there any risk that a wrong update may brick the boards? if so, are they repairable or not?

Thanks!!

Yeah, once you update there's no going back.

Don't worry about screwing up the update though. Back when I did the Gunlord update my laptop battery died halfway through. I tried running the game right after and only the update screen would come up. Needless to say, I had a meltdown thinking I just made myself a $600 doorstop. I emailed Timm in a panic and he replied literally 10 minutes later calming me down saying not to worry and to just go though the update procedure again. I was offering to send the boards to him so he could fix it. No need though, It's pretty much idiot proof :)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yeah, once you update there's no going back.

Don't worry about screwing up the update though. Back when I did the Gunlord update my laptop battery died halfway through. I tried running the game right after and only the update screen would come up. Needless to say, I had a meltdown thinking I just made myself a $600 doorstop. I emailed Timm in a panic and he replied literally 10 minutes later calming me down saying not to worry and to just go though the update procedure again. I was offering to send the boards to him so he could fix it. No need though, It's pretty much idiot proof :)

Thanks for the info, pipes. I think I'll ask Timm about the update files, but will probably try it only after I read some feedback on it.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Thanks for the info, pipes. I think I'll ask Timm about the update files, but will probably try it only after I read some feedback on it.

Pipes is 100% correct, however the Razion update that I was talking about is a private beta, and is not public as I thought it was. Timm just told me that they need several more weeks to test it out before release. I had no clue, and I thought they were ready to release a new update. I guess I jumped the gun a bit there. He mentioned that they fixed some things in version 1.1 and I thought it was ready for release. Sorry guys.. :P

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Asked them few mins ago if they had any news about the AES release and seems they are waiting for the PCB to be delivered to them this June. They will be posting news as soon as they get a more real delivery date from supplier.

"According to our manufacturer we get the PCBs this June. We will announce the date it as soon as we are sure."

Can't wait to get the game :)