Mario Kart 8

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Also, be mindful of leaving the mic on when you have Family Guy playing in the background.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I had mine on pretty much all night too, I have no idea if you could hear the Lifetime movie my wife was watching in the background.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I was unaware for the longest time that it defaulted to having the mic on.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
You don't need a headset, you can use the wiiu mic.

True but with a headset you can have it filter out some of the background noise, plus this thing should work with most systems and is a killer deal at only $20.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
The game is just so awesome. They really nailed all the details. All the new items are great so far, and the new courses are just mind blowing. I love the fact that you can't hold an item behind and pick up another. It was really lame in the past if you were able to catch up to someone and get rid of their item just for them to have another one to block you again.

Feel free to add me guys

Nintendo ID:Munchi

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Someone start up a room tonight, keep it private for friends only. That seemed to work last night for the room I had set up for us.

See you guys on later

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Game's in route from BestBuy.com. I would have ordered it from Amazon using Prime but my aunt got me a gift card and I refuse to go to the store since they never have what I want. According the the email it should be here in a week. Doesn't matter if I get it soon since I've got a lot of shit to do for my website after the trip we went on. Moon Jump81 or MoonJump81 is my Nintendo ID so add me. I'll make sure I actually turn my Wii-U on to get the friend requests before I end up getting the game.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Do you still have to add each other with that Nintendo ID thing to make it work or is it like XBL or PSN?

Pope Sazae

Do you still have to add each other with that Nintendo ID thing to make it work or is it like XBL or PSN?

You just add the username now and the other person gets the friend request, just like the other systems.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

Theres actually 2 ways to go about it. I forget the exact methods, but theres a way where each person has to add the Nintendo ID, then theres that better way where you just send an invite and the other person accepts it

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
You just add the username now and the other person gets the friend request, just like the other systems.

Did the patch the shitty add feature out. Its been awhile since ive added anyone, but i remember when the console first dropped there was 2 ways of going about it

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Shroom is getting another Wii U?! :keke:

I'm not sure if there is a better way but I had to add each one of my friends separately by entering their names in the "search user" option then check out their profiles to be able add them.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Shroom is getting another Wii U?! :keke:

Probably not.

ngbe5jzqepfbqunkebvp.gif

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I set up a tournament.
It should last for a week so we can get in and out as we want/have time.
Name of the Tourney is NeoGeo
Entry Code
Spoiler:
6744-4267-4446

**You have to join by going to tournament and entering in the code, you cant get in from the friends list**
Also there needs to be a minimum of two people in the room or the race wont start (no CPU in effect)

Lets get weird

Pope, maybe if you had a chance you could edit the first post with this info?

Thanks brother

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

First post updated. I should be getting on around 10:00 pm or so CST tonight.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Did about a dozen races in the tournament so far.

Connection...smooth as butter w/five racers.

Good times; I think I did well after not touching a MK game in fifteen years.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I set up a tournament.
It should last for a week so we can get in and out as we want/have time.
Name of the Tourney is NeoGeo
Entry Code
Spoiler:
6744-4267-4446

**You have to join by going to tournament and entering in the code, you cant get in from the friends list**
Also there needs to be a minimum of two people in the room or the race wont start (no CPU in effect)

Lets get weird

Pope, maybe if you had a chance you could edit the first post with this info?

Thanks brother

Where u guys at? I can't play the tournament alone!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
This sounds promising. I hadn't taken my Wii U online (as far as online play) after the friend code fiasco that was Wii. This sounds like they cleaned it up. I probably won't get around to the tourney until friday, but will def. plan on it. I still haven't unlocked everything - i'm struggling to take first on the last couple 150cc races still.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Japan is FAAAAAAST. I've tailed him 2nd place for about 7 races. I've got like 9 mushrooms in a row on 2 occasions and it still wasn't enough.

I need to unlock lakitu or whatver bike Japan is riding :lolz: