S-Video IN (CRT-TV MOD)

Arcade Magician

Goal! Goal! Goal!
So...I'm trying to do a "s-video mod" (my tv don't have a s-video IN),
the AVP is a TDA8841... The question is: What do i need to output the image correctly?
Resistors??
What kind?

Here is what i have done so far.... (I just soldered the wires directly on the chip..:keke:)

SVIDEO IN.jpg

....could you guys help me out on this one?

Cheers!!!

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Try 75 ohm resistors first. The datasheet should specify what is needed for these though. Maybe put a 220uF cap in series as well, with the negative leg facing the chip.

Arcade Magician

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Try 75 ohm resistors first. The datasheet should specify what is needed for these though. Maybe put a 220uF cap in series as well, with the negative leg facing the chip.

Thank you Mike! It's working!
DSC04281.jpg
Here is the solution:
tda8841-svideo-mod.jpg

The processing of the luma signal:
tvpcb.jpg

Last edited:

iMacBB

n00b
Wow, this topic is super interesting. I will try to replicate these results. So far I've managed to inject RGB to a Sony CRT but don't really have RGB modded consoles besides SNES.

iMacBB

n00b
I can't seem to access the images, this is what I get:
iMacBB, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.