Hey y'all!

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
So drama here, eh? :up::up::down::down::back::forw::back::forw::A::B:

Well no drama here, sorry, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm 34, into videogames (duh) and remembered that my half sister got me a Neo Geo to play with when I was with her on holidays. Yeah, she knew it was of no use to remind me to go outside or do something productive.

So I'm full of memories, played a lot of Fatal Fury, Blue's Journey, Burning Fight or Alpha Mission 2...

I decided to buy a NeoGeo, instantly regretted not getting a CMVS, then un-regretted because it's such a pretty and wonderful machine. And decided to get the AI or the Omega to have some more possibilities (or is there something else to look out for?). Looking forward reading and posting here some more.

I mostly grew up with my SNES ans Mega Drive from a friend, but have a NES and some other stuff too (I should really try out my Amiga 500 I got the other day)...

Oh by the way... yay I can create threads!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I hate you so much. Stop That.
->What I forgot: Love my Framemeister.

Framemeister is some seriously tasty treats. So crisp, so clean, adjustable scan lines, up to 1080. (720p for better scan lines).

You have your snes hooked up to it too?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
And decided to get the AI or the Omega to have some more possibilities (or is there something else to look out for?).
If you want maximum possibilities, get a supergun (with kick-harness support) and a single slot MVS board... Xian Xi makes rad ones.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If you want maximum possibilities, get a supergun (with kick-harness support) and a single slot MVS board... Xian Xi makes rad ones.

This.

And welcome aboard!

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
Framemeister is some seriously tasty treats. So crisp, so clean, adjustable scan lines, up to 1080. (720p for better scan lines).

You have your snes hooked up to it too?

I sure do, it looks awesome on the framemeister, and yes, on 720p.
Unfortunately, Micomosoft supports NTSC sources better (or I just screwed something up?), but I think my Neo Geo Scanlines look MUCH better than those of my PAL SNES/NES/MegaDrive... well, I'll just get the NTSC versions of those too... haha

Oh and yeah, I checked for the Boards/Superguns, I kinda like neat things as an Omega/AI CMVS, the homemade single slot MVS boards didn't look as polished to me as the aforementioned two. Well, I suppose I'm wrong on that, but hey, show me Xian Xi's rad devices ;)

Cheers and thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Oh and yeah, I checked for the Boards/Superguns, I kinda like neat things as an Omega/AI CMVS, the homemade single slot MVS boards didn't look as polished to me as the aforementioned two. Well, I suppose I'm wrong on that, but hey, show me Xian Xi's rad devices ;)
Sure a bare mvs mobo doesn't look as nice, but with a supergun you have the option of connecting other arcade boards than "just" the Neo Geo... like dedicated PCBS, Atomiswave, PGM, CPS2 stuff and all that. You can do a lot of things to make such a setup look nicer... I'm rather lazy though.

Btw.: check out this epic SG James built. I'm sure there's tons more elsewhere on the net.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sure a bare mvs mobo doesn't look as nice, but with a supergun you have the option of connecting other arcade boards than "just" the Neo Geo... like dedicated PCBS, Atomiswave, PGM, CPS2 stuff and all that. You can do a lot of things to make such a setup look nicer... I'm rather lazy though.

Btw.: check out this epic SG James built. I'm sure there's tons more elsewhere on the net.
Thanks for pointing that out to me! Well, it doesn't get easier to decide which road to go ;)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

This.

I'm all in for consolized MVS's , as long as it's an MV2 board.
All the other setups are too messy for my taste. I don't find it that practical.

Supergun all the way.