Meet me and my stick

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Longtime browser, first time registering an account.

I collect/play/mod for lots of retro systems, mainly Nintendo. But Neo Geo has a special place in my heart.

Started off thinking I would collect AES games, lol, then quickly moved on to MVS. I'm at about 10 games, only collecting what I really enjoy playing after a sample on the 161 cart.

My most recent mod is an AES controller customized with a Sanwa JLF stick, Sanwa buttons, Link quick disconnect, new wiring/feet/etc.

Take a look, and I look forward to joining I the conversation once in a while now that I have an account.

fRKgcD8l.jpg

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nope. No dolphins here. I wish I had access to so many MVS games that I could flip em, I'm just trying to find places to pick up games I want. I rarely find Neo Geo games from US sellers on eBay, mostly good buys from Craigslist, and everything seems to go quick on these boards too.

Beelay

New Challenger
Neat! I have the same buttons in one of my AES controllers, since the stock ones were a bit broken I decided to replace 'em.
I did the same thing with the colours, too, I really like the way it looks.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hi.

That stick looks very tidy, good job. But why use a link quick, are you carrying that thing around a lot? ;)
Never got one of those since I feared it would feel strange. What grip do you have?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hi.

That stick looks very tidy, good job. But why use a link quick, are you carrying that thing around a lot? ;)
Never got one of those since I feared it would feel strange. What grip do you have?

The link quick release is great for storage too. Slide the stick off the case, and the whole thing is now thin enough to go in a very small shelf. I can store a lot more sticks in a small space this way.

The Link feels great. It's as sturdy and secure as without, and it's just a bit thicker.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
what I meant was: how do you hold your hand when gaming?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Nice stick. Do you do custom mods for others? If so, how much would you charge to mod a stick like the one post, without the quick release?

DPsx7

Banned
I think I want to do something like that too. The buttons on my controller are all squeaky. I'm sorta used to the concave buttons seen on US games too.

Have to figure out what size I need. Would be cool to have illuminated buttons but I dunno if that'll work outside of a cab.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I think I want to do something like that too. The buttons on my controller are all squeaky. I'm sorta used to the concave buttons seen on US games too.

Have to figure out what size I need. Would be cool to have illuminated buttons but I dunno if that'll work outside of a cab.

Pin 8 in the connector is a 5v line. ;)

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nice stick. Do you do custom mods for others? If so, how much would you charge to mod a stick like the one post, without the quick release?

Yes, I do custom mods too.

Shoot me a PM with the kind of hardware you want, and if you are going to supply a stick to be modded, etc. I'll add it all up and get you a good price.

DPsx7

Banned
Pin 8 in the connector is a 5v line. ;)

Yeah? Huh. There's another thread around here discussing building a controller and it doesn't sound like anything too difficult. I built a MAME cab after all. I kinda need a second controller for the MVS. Ooh if I can get one that looks like the big red NG cabs with lighted buttons (only if they are good buttons though, playability comes first), that would be the best.