The SegaDude's Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo Pocket Collection

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
So I started collecting for the Neo Geo a few months after getting a Neo Geo X.

I know there are a lot of Die Hards that love slamming the Neo Geo X but it's what got me into both my Neo Geo Pocket and Neo Geo AES collection.

I usually use the Neo Geo X as a hand held and after playing and loving Mutation Nation and Last Resort I decided I wanted the real thing. I knew I could not afford many of the awesome games that I'd love to have but I'm happy to have some.

Never could have this system as a kid so if feels great to finally step in!

thesegacollection_2014-05-18_10.jpg

Below is my whole retro video game collection:

TheSegaCollection(NeoGeoAES).jpg

I've got details about my Neo Geo AES games here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tOoy3erhlMNxGUvV1AFae-8Uqs/edit#gid=521181295

Edit: I went out and got a new CRT TV. SONY KV-32XBR200 for $50

Sony KV-32XBR200 01.jpg

I know it's not a full HD CRT TV but for the price I feel like it was a worth while upgrade.

Sony KV-32XBR200 02.jpg

And here are close-ups of the rest of the collection:

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_01.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_02.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_03.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_04.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_05.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_06.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_07.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_08.jpg

TheSegaCollection_2014-05-18_09.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove attached Images? I want to get rid of the two below:

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nice balance of Home Carts. And NGPC is always fun. You may also want to consider getting a cab or CMVS so you can play some of those pricey titles at MVS prices. I have an Home Console but I Like my Big Red More.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Nice balance of Home Carts. And NGPC is always fun. You may also want to consider getting a cab or CMVS so you can play some of those pricey titles at MVS prices. I have an Home Console but I Like my Big Red More.

Thanks GutsDozer. When I first started getting the AES games I was a bit worried that most of the games I could afford would be fighters. But I'm really glad to a have a good blend of genres. I picked up that boxed Neo Geo Pocket with Fatal Fury First Contact, Metal Slug 1st Mission and Sonic for $140 cause I thought it was a good deal. And you know how it is... once you have a few you have to have more.

I would love to have a Big Red! First I need some room then I will hunt one down. They are awesome. And cheaper MVS carts is a huge perk.

I just picked up boxed Rockman Battle & Fighters for the NGP. Already my collection picture is out of date :P Traded about 20-30 xbox original games for it.

Last edited:

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Congrats, for number and selection (RBS and MagLord are great): if in few months you picked up all that Neo-goodness, what can you do in a couple of years?

Waiting to see also the Sega corner!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Congrats, for number and selection (RBS and MagLord are great): if in few months you picked up all that Neo-goodness, what can you do in a couple of years?

Waiting to see also the Sega corner!

Thanks! Magician Lord is one of the reasons why I wanted a Neo Geo AES. I remember seeing it and NAM-1975 back in the day and they looked so awesome. When I started looking into buying for the AES I was surprised and really pleased that I could afford the two games that I wanted most. *My Nam-1975 does have the censorship marks.
I've seen a handful of other games that aren't too expensive and I'm sure I'll grab them at some point but I'm pretty sure the collection will slow right down soon after. Who knows... we'll see :D

I've updated my OP to include a shot of my whole retro video game collection.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I really like all that Master System love.

Welcome aboard!

G

greeneye8181

This pretty much sums it up.
For me personally, I'd rather play the games on the home console but yeah a lot best games are extremely expensive for the AES. For those pricey titles go MVS.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I really like all that Master System love.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks! I like it here :)

The Master System was my first console and I still love it. Back in the day most of my buddies had the NES and I liked it but the SMS was the one for me.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
This pretty much sums it up.
For me personally, I'd rather play the games on the home console but yeah a lot best games are extremely expensive for the AES. For those pricey titles go MVS.

I might be content with just the AES and a handful of titles. The big appeal for me when I got it was to get something that was just so out of reach back in the day. Even still I might go MVS someday.
Right now I have to find a proper shelf for my AES! Look at it sitting there on the floor like a vagrant.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Collection looks great, man! Interested in seeing some close ups of the other stuff :)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Collection looks great, man! Interested in seeing some close ups of the other stuff :)

Hey wyo_vr4! Thanks again for the Ghost Pilots!!

I've got lots of very recent close-ups on my blog here:

http://thesegacollection.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/collection-update-2014-05-18/

You'll see a close up of every shelf you see in the OP above. When I first created this post I kept it to just my Neo Geo games. It's great to see you guys enjoy lots of other retro systems too.

Is it OK to post several non Neo Geo collection pictures here?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hey wyo_vr4! Thanks again for the Ghost Pilots!!

I've got lots of very recent close-ups on my blog here:

http://thesegacollection.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/collection-update-2014-05-18/

You'll see a close up of every shelf you see in the OP above. When I first created this post I kept it to just my Neo Geo games. It's great to see you guys enjoy lots of other retro systems too.

Is it OK to post several non Neo Geo collection pictures here?

Very nice! Looks like we have similar taste in games, particularly your Genesis/Mega Drive collection. And yeah, feel free to post up whatever you want :)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Very nice! Looks like we have similar taste in games, particularly your Genesis/Mega Drive collection. And yeah, feel free to post up whatever you want :)

Right on :) It's not often I find people into the Japanese Mega Drive. I've got a lot of doubles if you want to do some trading. Have any extra's yourself?

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
Very nice collection! Really love you're megadrive/genesis collection. Battle mania!

kof1996

n00b
I really like your master system and genesis collections. Some really quality titles in there.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Nice Mega Drive collection! Quite jealous of that Panorama Cotton!

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Really impressive, those shelves truly pay homage to your nickname.
In Europe SMS is really appreciated, so the MD/Genesis. Musha Aleste is a great exclusive for your territories ;)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
As nice the spread of titles are, you should treat yourself to a larger CRT TV. Maybe something in the 20 to 27 inch range?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Very nice collection! Really love you're megadrive/genesis collection. Battle mania!

Thanks! My buddy bought me Battle Mania for being his best man. I was a nice surprise. I guess he really liked the strippers!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I really like your master system and genesis collections. Some really quality titles in there.

I started collecting for the Master System in about 1998 and then the Genesis shortly after. I got lucky with a lot of my games. Prices are getting crazy these days.
You into any Sega stuff in addition to Neo Geo?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Nice Mega Drive collection! Quite jealous of that Panorama Cotton!

Thanks! I didn't get a super deal on Panorama Cotton. I got it in 2012 and I spend $140 on it. I bought it and a bunch of other somewhat expensive games from PlayAsia and I was able to work out a bit of a discount.

All the ugly details are here :)
http://thesegacollection.wordpress....a-collection-might-have-peaked-new-additions/

Now that the finances have recovered I am glad I did it. The game it self is not as fun as the typical side scrolling shoot'em-up that the series seems to be most often but it's a cool game.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Really impressive, those shelves truly pay homage to your nickname.
In Europe SMS is really appreciated, so the MD/Genesis. Musha Aleste is a great exclusive for your territories ;)

Thanks! My site and my nickname sometimes make me laugh when I see how un-imaginative I can be :) TheSegaCollection and The SegaDude
Oh well, I kind of like them now.

I didn't know that Europe didn't get Musha.
I did know that the SMS got a lot more love in Europe. And I'm glad it did. A lot of my games are not the US versions and a lot of them were never released in the US too.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
As nice the spread of titles are, you should treat yourself to a larger CRT TV. Maybe something in the 20 to 27 inch range?

That sucker is about 25". I just measured the screen (corner to corner).
I was actually thinking about trying to find a better quality CRT. I've heard of late model CRT's that were HD and 4:3. I think they were much less than 720 but better than the typical CRT. Have you guys heard of such things?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That sucker is about 25". I just measured the screen (corner to corner).
I was actually thinking about trying to find a better quality CRT. I've heard of late model CRT's that were HD and 4:3. I think they were much less than 720 but better than the typical CRT. Have you guys heard of such things?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD_Trinitron/WEGA

The late model FD Trinitron/WEGAs were 1080i/720p and produce a superior picture to the vast majority of LCD and Plasma TVs.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD_Trinitron/WEGA

The late model FD Trinitron/WEGAs were 1080i/720p and produce a superior picture to the vast majority of LCD and Plasma TVs.

I just look online and I found this locally : Sony Wega Trinitron 32" flat screen Model KV-32XBR200 for $50
I believe it's only 480i. Is that what most normal CRT's are? Could it be better than my Zenith 25"?
The screen size alone might be worth the $50. What do you think?