Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ya the game is sweet as hell. Currently trying to 1CC arcade original. I can now get to stage 4 boss before using a continue. Getting some progress!

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I need to dust this off again. What screen orientation are you guys playing this in?
Also did they ever fix the key bindings to support arcade sticks like the SF4 TE or do you still need to use joy2key?

Pasky

I play it on 4:3 and it's the intended way to play it as the arcades has it in a 4:3 setup IIRC. Playing it vertically would be cool if I had a swivel on my PC monitor =/.

Not sure if they fixed it because my TE has a cthulu. It detects the Cthulu fine.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I need to dust this off again. What screen orientation are you guys playing this in?

23" Samsung LED Vertical 1080x1920 stretched.

Jumped in on keyboard RQ to shoot this:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/38611844377858597/394D8D90BC6967464D079EABA5B7276210338D3E/

I play it on 4:3 and it's the intended way to play it as the arcades has it in a 4:3 setup IIRC. Playing it vertically would be cool if I had a swivel on my PC monitor =/.

NeSica Live runs on Taito X2 Hardware, most stations in Japan being on a Vewlix or other 720p machine. Why the game has a naive 720p mode and looks decent stretched to 1080p.

As far as playing vertical if your monitor has a VESA mount then you have plenty of options.

I use this on my 2 23" Samsungs.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Easy-Adjust-Monitor-Stand-MS110MB/dp/B0013CD0DI

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Got this working through Crossover as well. Using the 2001 build and Steam bottle seems to work best. Cannot stop playing this one!

I listen to the CRS music in my car at least once a month. Very fun game, and the powerup mechanic is pretty unique.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Started playing this again over the weekend. I really dig the game, but for me the best way is to hold fire down at all times, work the lock every chance you get, and pop your break a few times per level (worth saving for a boss of course)
It definitely leads to some hand cramping.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to raise the meter up fast enough for a double break on the regular. It seems like lock actually hinders the meter fill whereas shot fills it quicker.

Pasky

Killing multiple enemies with lock on raises the multiplier. The multiplier in turn raises how fast your break increases. That's key to game, destroying as much shit as possible with as many lock on. Point blanking enemies also builds the break meter faster.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
on sale at GoG along with a few other shmups for the next 30 odd hours

(beaten to it... i should learn to read one of these days...)

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Basically what Pasky said. Try not to kill anything unless you have a nice multiplier.