Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
This game is good, I had avoided it for the longest time because of the goofy Shondells song name and I wish I hadn't. My friend boots this on an X2 so an arcade "setup" is very possible. I'm happy with it on PC. Better than the last few DoDonpachi entries IMO.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This game is good, I had avoided it for the longest time because of the goofy Shondells song name and I wish I hadn't. My friend boots this on an X2 so an arcade "setup" is very possible. I'm happy with it on PC. Better than the last few DoDonpachi entries IMO.

I actually got this game because of Tommy James and the Shondells song Crimson and Clover.

Once I realized the game was actually called Crimson Clover I became very upset.

I haven't played world ignition though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sometimes, I hate having a Mac.

How resource intensive are the doujins?

Might pick up an old win laptop on the cheap-if it can run teh Steam.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

Not very, my POS 6 year old computer currently runs this game just fine.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member

The game is reasonably old. Have you tried Parallels/VMWare/etc?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Apparently this is on sale on Steam for $3.39. Pretty sweet deal if that's your kinda thing.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Get it right fucking now. This game is awesome and easily worth 3 times the price. There's tons of replay value in this one with the different modes and ship types.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Grabbed it while it was on sale. That game is very fun. I really suck at bullet hell shumps but sometimes I can make it through a stage or two without dieing. What are some other doujin shooters worth checking out. If not doujin, what other shooters are on steam besides Ikaruga ?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Grabbed it while it was on sale. That game is very fun. I really suck at bullet hell shumps but sometimes I can make it through a stage or two without dieing. What are some other doujin shooters worth checking out. If not doujin, what other shooters are on steam besides Ikaruga ?

Well you're in luck, as some of the most highly regarded doujins just got released on Steam in Kamui, Alltynex, and Reflex.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/39160/ (Also lol at bundle price being $.02 more than the individual games)

Other notable doujins:

All of the Touhous
Flame Zapper Kotsujin
Cho Ren Sha 68K
Jamestown would technically be a doujin as well
Exceed 2nd (especially if you like Ikaruga)
Blue Wish Resurrection
Hellsinker

As far as CC is concerned, Novice Mode is your friend. This will introduce you to the game and the enemy layout for future use. You have a quickly recharging bomb, as well as two periods of bullet canceling/invulnerability when you break/double break. Your two goals in this game are:

1) Lock on to the maximum number of enemies to build the green X multiplier in the top right
2) Point blank enemies as much as possible to build break meter

As long as you have half a bar or so you'll have a bomb or break for oh shit moments, and you can clear the game pretty easily with some practice by just playing really defensively and taking the 1UP at the end of every level.

Last edited:

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Since I don't play neither on PC nor on Mac: Is there a chance this will be getting a console release? Any system would be fine.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Since I don't play neither on PC nor on Mac: Is there a chance this will be getting a console release? Any system would be fine.

Incredibly unlikely. It started as a PC game before it got an arcade release, and if it's not already on the J360 store it's certainly not going to be in the future.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Incredibly unlikely. It started as a PC game before it got an arcade release, and if it's not already on the J360 store it's certainly not going to be in the future.

Well, damn. :(
Was hoping it might find its way to current-gen systems if nowhere else.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Heads up for Mac users. I've been pretty bummed that I wasn't able to play this.

To my surprise using Crossover (WINE for the lazy man http://www.codeweavers.com/products) I was able to easily install Windows Steam, purchase the game and get it running at a steady 60fps with zero lag.

Also did it all on my MacBook Air which is pretty modest as far as hardware goes: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) / 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 / 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
Also, I've said this many times, it's 1000x better than Saidai, I don't care what anyone says.
I refuse to believe this!
Although I will never possibly be able to confirm due to the price of the pcb... :(
Say it aint't so?

I might have to pick this up on Steam too though at that price. Glad to hear crossover runs it on a Mac!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I refuse to believe this!
Although I will never possibly be able to confirm due to the price of the pcb... :(
Say it aint't so?

I might have to pick this up on Steam too though at that price. Glad to hear crossover runs it on a Mac!

Have you not played the 360 version? I'm sorry I was violently disappointed in that game and feel it was a rush job of a title.

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
Have you not played the 360 version? I'm sorry I was violently disappointed in that game and feel it was a rush job of a title.
No, unfortunately not. I got rid of the 360 awhile back, vowing that I would only play the pcbs after experiencing the slowdown differences between them and the ports.
My son has a 360 over at his mom's house, and I suppose the port being able to be picked up for cheap, I could have swung by their place or borrowed the 360 to give the port a shot which has crossed my mind since it came out.
But honestly, I haven't wanted to ruin the experience by playing the port first before the pcb. Not all, but most of the 360 ports have disappointed me compared to the boards.
I picked up as much over on shmups that the pcb of SDOJ is the better version though, whereas the port like you say is somewhat "rushed," and sloppy, as well as the voices being more annoying than the pcb version for some reason.
But now you have me worried that the pcb may not be too great either, considering...?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No, unfortunately not. I got rid of the 360 awhile back, vowing that I would only play the pcbs after experiencing the slowdown differences between them and the ports.
My son has a 360 over at his mom's house, and I suppose the port being able to be picked up for cheap, I could have swung by their place or borrowed the 360 to give the port a shot which has crossed my mind since it came out.
But honestly, I haven't wanted to ruin the experience by playing the port first before the pcb. Not all, but most of the 360 ports have disappointed me compared to the boards.
I picked up as much over on shmups that the pcb of SDOJ is the better version though, whereas the port like you say is somewhat "rushed," and sloppy, as well as the voices being more annoying than the pcb version for some reason.
But now you have me worried that the pcb may not be too great either, considering...?

Pcb has borked sound also. Like overdriven or something. I was violently disappointed after playing the PCB and was glad I didn't plunk down money for it. I like DOJ and DFK much better. Too many bright colors and I felt the game was a mess.

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
Pcb has borked sound also. Like overdriven or something. I was violently disappointed after playing the PCB and was glad I didn't plunk down money for it. I like DOJ and DFK much better. Too many bright colors and I felt the game was a mess.
Thanks for giving me the heads up about the pcb! Had someone offer me a kit before and glad I didn't spend the cash now. Def looks like a mediocre title considering the cost of a kit.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Got this game during the steam sale for $3. Been addicted to it ever since. Been trying to 1CC it on arcade with Type II and Type III but stage 4 keeps getting the best of me. Extremely addicting and great 'bullet hell' game. Does anyone have any super plays with the latest revision for arcade mode? I only found some of older builds and a lot of novice modes.

Also, stage 4's music is :buttrock:

Last edited:

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
Got this game during the steam sale for $3.
Fuck... I missed the sale-was logged into steam last night and was an idiot thinking I had time with 14 hours left to purchase! Was watching youtubes of plays last night of CC, convincing myself this doujin is badass and worthy enough go through the hassle w/ crossover for mac, fell aspleep in the process and now it's back to 9.99 after waking up this afternoon. :hammer:
It does look great-right up there w/ Cave, that's for sure.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
This is the best shmup released in literally years. $10 is nothing.

This vid is probably 1.03, but I don't remember exactly when it came out.