Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
V1.01 is LIVE !

Patch detail below :

BUG corrections
- Fullscreen mode : When the 1280×768 is not supported, the software will look for a resolution close to that and fill the screen with dark bars to fit.
- Achievements Garbled in Japanese : The text showing the Achievements ingame is now displaying correctly
- Leaderboard 100th ~ : The ranking over 100 are now shown properly
- Keyboard entry when inactive : In window mode, when the game is not active, it will not react to keyboard entry anymore
- Slowdown with text display : Displaying text would sometimes cause slowdown, this has been fixed. (Training setup, Replay screen)
- Arcade-Boost Level 1 - Boss : The attack pattern of Titanix did not perfectly match the Arcade version. This has been modified to match, but as a result, REPLAY made with version 1.00 of that mode can not be replayed correctly.

ADD
- 1cc Achievements: the new 1cc achievements are supported by this version ! Good Luck !!
- Name Entry : The last name entered is saved and automatically entered when ranking.
- ESC dialog : A simple dialog is now shown when pressing ESC.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
it's been pretty fun so far. 1CCed novice original and novice boost after a couple of hours. novice boost is a lot of fun since you can crank up the difficulty somewhere between novice and arcade original.

original arcade mode is pretty difficult and I can only make it about midway through stage 3 so far, but still a buncha fun. not sure I wanna stick it out for the grind or not.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Seven bucks on Steam right now. You could probably wait until it's a daily deal or flash deal to go lower.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Bought this game off steam 'cause it looked like some hyper cave shmup, played it for 3 hours straight! Super fun game :-) Love the boost mode feature

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This looks awesome and I'm ready to pounce on it. Just waiting for it to get a bit lower than 33% :glee:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
1000's of times better than NG: DEV games for only 1% of the cost...

and people still don't buy it :lolz:

:(

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
1000's of times better than NG: DEV games for only 1% of the cost...

and people still don't buy it :lolz:

I'll buy it. But I'll wait to see if I can get it cheaper in the Steam sale. If it doesn't go lower, I'll get it for it's current price, regardless of if I have spent hundred's in the past on NGDEV games.

I don't know who these 'people' are you're referring to that are refusing to buy this game, so I'll just assume your comment was aimed at me.

Yeah, we get you don't rate NGDEV... No one cares.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
you can tell when a game is programmed by someone who is very good/competitive at the genre. much like yagawa games, the gameplay is extremely tight knit which makes not getting past stage 3 in arcade mode still enjoyable.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Was not aware of this game until I saw this thread. Picked it up yesterday on Steam and have been having a blast with it! Makes me almost want to rig up a PC in my Blast City for cab play!!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Glad ppl are jumping into this game. I've been saying it for years since I played the demo and snagged the original game from Rancor.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Glad ppl are jumping into this game. I've been saying it for years since I played the demo and snagged the original game from Rancor.

There isn't much information regarding the arcade version from what I've seen. So the arcade game runs on taito x2 hardware but requires the 'nesicaxlive' service so you can essentially netboot the game?

Is there an offline version? If so, what does the typical crimzon clover setup cost to import from Japan?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
There isn't much information regarding the arcade version from what I've seen. So the arcade game runs on taito x2 hardware but requires the 'nesicaxlive' service so you can essentially netboot the game?

Is there an offline version? If so, what does the typical crimzon clover setup cost to import from Japan?

That Nesica stuff is for JP operators only, you would never be able to get a "setup" of the arcade version. I'm looking into ways of setting up a dedicated PC in a cab as are others here on this very forum. Looks like the lowest resolution it will support is 1024x768. Also, I've said this many times, it's 1000x better than Saidai, I don't care what anyone says.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
That Nesica stuff is for JP operators only, you would never be able to get a "setup" of the arcade version. I'm looking into ways of setting up a dedicated PC in a cab as are others here on this very forum. Looks like the lowest resolution it will support is 1024x768. Also, I've said this many times, it's 1000x better than Saidai, I don't care what anyone says.

You also need a JP IP and the cost for Nesica isn't cheap. Ppl have tried to proxy outside of Japan and have been unsuccessful.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
What's different in the arcade version?

I didn't realize this version even existed; the PC original is one of my favorite few shooters.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Is this only on PC? Or is there another way to play this?

I need another shmup to suck at. :lolz:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
What's different in the arcade version?

I didn't realize this version even existed; the PC original is one of my favorite few shooters.

Compared to the original:
- Japan ranking
- new ship
- boost mode
- Time attack
- Ship balancing and boss enemy shot changes

What I can remember off hand.

Is this only on PC? Or is there another way to play this?

I need another shmup to suck at. :lolz:

Only releases:

V1.0 - PC 2010

NESiCAxLive - April 2013 (Arcade NESiCAxLive)

World Ignition - PC June 2014

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Boost mode is hot btw. Game turns from a Cave style to a Raiden type fast!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Got a crazy msg tonight when I 1cc'd novice original.

On Stage 5 at the blast doors, green text started scrolling across the screen and said...

"I got a lot of things in this world... how about you, ReplicaX?"

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Steam sale got me
Danmaku
EXceed 3rd
Satazius
Super Killer Hornet

I should have gotten clover but I forgot on the last day. This should hold me over for now.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I got SKH and Sine Mora. For those prices I don't even care if I play them for 5-10 hours and then bail. Also got Crimzon Clover which is fucking good. If you didn't get it during the sale suck it up and pay retail. Awesome game, blows my mind that it's a doujin.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
v1.02 Patch Detail:

Screen Settings : The dialog to choose Window/Fullscreen was abandonned. In its stead, a new SCREEN SETTING option is available from SETTINGS menu which allow to more detailed set up of Game Resolution/ Screen resolution to play with maximum comfort.

Vertical Screens: Support of vertical resolution screens added.

Controller: Support for XBOX360 Real Arcade Pro added.

Scoring and Leaderboard:
- Support of Friend score display added
- Display of the total number of score added
- "Unofficial Score" system added : if for some reason (mostly framerate) a score is not judged valid, it is still added to leaderboard as an unofficial score
- Filter for official/unofficial score added
** 3 gauge and the current FPS are now displayed on screen bottom right, should any of these gauge be in the red at the end of a level, the score will be judged as an unofficial score **

Level 2 Boss fight correction for a possible crash bug. (Some replay data might be affected)

Bug when choosing "Replay (this stage)" during the EX boss fight corrected.

Some scores judged wrong were removed from leaderboard.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
game is great, didn't expect to like it as much as i do :D