Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It should be stored in backup ram like the unibios settings. Since your region settings were kept that means backup ram is getting sufficient power when the system is off. Have you been playing through several games recently? Backup ram only has room for around 8 games worth of soft dips so the least played one gets knocked off if a new title appears.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It should be stored in backup ram like the unibios settings. Since your region settings were kept that means backup ram is getting sufficient power when the system is off. Have you been playing through several games recently? Backup ram only has room for around 8 games worth of soft dips so the least played one gets knocked off if a new title appears.

Many thanks for the reply, ah yes this appears to be the case phew I'm so relived there isn't an issue. I set the dips on my Metal Slug X cart and unplugged the Omega for over 24 hours and the settings were intact when plugged back in so the battery is working ok. I tested 9 games and as you stated the dips got wiped for the earlier played titles. I guess when I use my multicart I flick in and out of lots of games so the settings keep getting erased.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Many thanks for the reply, ah yes this appears to be the case phew I'm so relived there isn't an issue. I set the dips on my Metal Slug X cart and unplugged the Omega for over 24 hours and the settings were intact when plugged back in so the battery is working ok. I tested 9 games and as you stated the dips got wiped for the earlier played titles. I guess when I use my multicart I flick in and out of lots of games so the settings keep getting erased.

Some multicast (161-in-1 for sure) like to clear the backup RAM whenever you start a game, so they never store more than one game settings at a time.

Regards.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Pulled the Omega out of a box for the first time in years and tested out a few games, none of them worked 0/3. Any ideas what might be causing this consistent graphical glitch?

IMG_20160111_182316.jpg

IMG_20160111_182251.jpg

IMG_20160111_182242.jpg

IMG_20160111_182141.jpg

IMG_20160111_182430.jpg

IMG_20160111_182416.jpg

IMG_20160111_182203.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Looks like you need to adjust the settings on the framemeister. Turn off sync mode and play with the sync level until you get a stable picture.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
xrgb correct, i just testing with another device and it totally appears to be the issue, disregard. thank you.

This isn't a tech support question, but I had to share that I ordered an Omega earlier this week (my first Neo Geo!) and I'm pretty pumped! Good to know there is a thread where I can get some help if I run into issues or have questions once I receive it and get it hooked up.

Looking forward to REALLY being part of the Neo Geo community soon!

Shiner

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
This isn't a tech support question, but I had to share that I ordered an Omega earlier this week (my first Neo Geo!) and I'm pretty pumped! Good to know there is a thread where I can get some help if I run into issues or have questions once I receive it and get it hooked up.

Looking forward to REALLY being part of the Neo Geo community soon!

Shiner

Welcome, Omega's are the best way to go for sure.

Welcome, Omega's are the best way to go for sure.

Yeah, it was a pretty easy decision once I did even a tiny bit of research. :) I have a 120-in-1 cart that is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and a controller from Japan that should arrive who knows when. I might have a nice, new Omega with a multi-cart plugged into it that I get to look at for while until that controller shows up.

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
You'll likely get yours a good week before mine as mine will get stuck in customs for a while I'm sure.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Is the scart cable sold on the omega site (https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-rgb-scart-cable) a EuroSCART or JP21? I'm assuming EuroSCART as they are more common but couldn't find any information about it.

It's wired for Euro SCART. There is a lot of confusion about the wiring for these two standards because they share the same connector. There is no such thing as Japanese SCART. SCART is the European standard and there is only one defined pinout for it. The Japanese variant is normally called JP21 or Japan-RGB and it has it's own pinout.

p3lagic

n00b
Thanks for answering my question, and providing the extra context between the two. Cheers

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me please, I was dusting off my Omega this afternoon and noticed that on all four corners not he bottom half of the shell is a small crack/cut. I never noticed the before, not to say they weren't always there but due to the lighting in the room I've moved my consoles to its the first time noticed it. The plastic doesn't have the white colour to suggest stress on the plastic and its not near where the screws go so I can't see this being from the tension of removing carts from the system. Are all people's Omegas like this or is there something starting to go wrong with my shell?

Thanks all, I have attached some photos, high res ones can be sent if needed.

IMG_4735.JPGIMG_4736.JPGIMG_4737.JPGIMG_4738.JPG

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I double checked the parts I have on hand and that's just how they come out of the mold.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I double checked the parts I have on hand and that's just how they come out of the mold.

Hi shadowkn55,

Many thanks for getting in touch so soon, I guess it might have been the case as its an odd place for the plastic to begin to weaken and they are not typical stress marks you often get on plastic. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen to my Omega as I love this thing.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I would like to fit two audio sockets on the Omega to connect to my amp....can you show me the correct way to output stereo please.
A photo would be kinda swell..:)
Thankyou.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I thought about this for a bit and it would be far easier to add rca breakouts on the scart cable than install rca jacks on the system.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Hi shadowkn55,

Many thanks for getting in touch so soon, I guess it might have been the case as its an odd place for the plastic to begin to weaken and they are not typical stress marks you often get on plastic. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen to my Omega as I love this thing.

The unit I received last week has the exact same marks.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Thanks for letting me know Rocko, glad something wasn't going wrong with my Omega. I can't really notice them and the machine hasn't missed a beat since I received mine 18 months ago.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

Mine has this weird hole kind of thing in the center, it's hard to explain (see pic). It almost seems intentional - like there are spring doors on it??? Anyone else see this blemish on theirs?

omega.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Mine has this weird hole kind of thing in the center, it's hard to explain (see pic). It almost seems intentional - like there are spring doors on it??? Anyone else see this blemish on theirs?

View attachment 34771

I'm not quite seeing what you're pointing at. Do you mind taking a better picture of what the thing is?