Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

Vice's Love Slave

It should be stored in backup ram like the unibios settings. Since your region settings were kept that means backup ram is getting sufficient power when the system is off. Have you been playing through several games recently? Backup ram only has room for around 8 games worth of soft dips so the least played one gets knocked off if a new title appears.

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    It should be stored in backup ram like the unibios settings. Since your region settings were kept that means backup ram is getting sufficient power when the system is off. Have you been playing through several games recently? Backup ram only has room for around 8 games worth of soft dips so the least played one gets knocked off if a new title appears.
    Many thanks for the reply, ah yes this appears to be the case phew I'm so relived there isn't an issue. I set the dips on my Metal Slug X cart and unplugged the Omega for over 24 hours and the settings were intact when plugged back in so the battery is working ok. I tested 9 games and as you stated the dips got wiped for the earlier played titles. I guess when I use my multicart I flick in and out of lots of games so the settings keep getting erased.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs888 View Post
    Many thanks for the reply, ah yes this appears to be the case phew I'm so relived there isn't an issue. I set the dips on my Metal Slug X cart and unplugged the Omega for over 24 hours and the settings were intact when plugged back in so the battery is working ok. I tested 9 games and as you stated the dips got wiped for the earlier played titles. I guess when I use my multicart I flick in and out of lots of games so the settings keep getting erased.
    Some multicast (161-in-1 for sure) like to clear the backup RAM whenever you start a game, so they never store more than one game settings at a time.

Regards.

Crazed MVS Addict

Pulled the Omega out of a box for the first time in years and tested out a few games, none of them worked 0/3. Any ideas what might be causing this consistent graphical glitch?

Vice's Love Slave

Looks like you need to adjust the settings on the framemeister. Turn off sync mode and play with the sync level until you get a stable picture.

Crazed MVS Addict

xrgb correct, i just testing with another device and it totally appears to be the issue, disregard. thank you.

New Challenger

This isn't a tech support question, but I had to share that I ordered an Omega earlier this week (my first Neo Geo!) and I'm pretty pumped! Good to know there is a thread where I can get some help if I run into issues or have questions once I receive it and get it hooked up.

Looking forward to REALLY being part of the Neo Geo community soon!

Shiner

Sho's Rival

Quote Originally Posted by shinerthebock View Post
    This isn't a tech support question, but I had to share that I ordered an Omega earlier this week (my first Neo Geo!) and I'm pretty pumped! Good to know there is a thread where I can get some help if I run into issues or have questions once I receive it and get it hooked up.

Looking forward to REALLY being part of the Neo Geo community soon!

Shiner
    Welcome, Omega's are the best way to go for sure.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Quote Originally Posted by shinerthebock View Post
    I ordered an Omega earlier this week (my first Neo Geo!) and I'm pretty pumped!
    Shiner
    I did the same just last night!

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Niko49 View Post
    Welcome, Omega's are the best way to go for sure.
    Yeah, it was a pretty easy decision once I did even a tiny bit of research. I have a 120-in-1 cart that is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and a controller from Japan that should arrive who knows when. I might have a nice, new Omega with a multi-cart plugged into it that I get to look at for while until that controller shows up.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Vidfreaky View Post
    I did the same just last night!
    Sweet! Would love to hear when you receive some sort of shipping notice. I understand he ships them out in batches so we may get ours around the same time.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

You'll likely get yours a good week before mine as mine will get stuck in customs for a while I'm sure.

Neo Bubble Buster

Is the scart cable sold on the omega site (https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-ne...gb-scart-cable) a EuroSCART or JP21? I'm assuming EuroSCART as they are more common but couldn't find any information about it.

Vice's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by p3lagic View Post
    Is the scart cable sold on the omega site (https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-ne...gb-scart-cable) a EuroSCART or JP21? I'm assuming EuroSCART as they are more common but couldn't find any information about it.
    It's wired for Euro SCART. There is a lot of confusion about the wiring for these two standards because they share the same connector. There is no such thing as Japanese SCART. SCART is the European standard and there is only one defined pinout for it. The Japanese variant is normally called JP21 or Japan-RGB and it has it's own pinout.

Neo Bubble Buster

Thanks for answering my question, and providing the extra context between the two. Cheers

Mr. Big's Thug

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me please, I was dusting off my Omega this afternoon and noticed that on all four corners not he bottom half of the shell is a small crack/cut. I never noticed the before, not to say they weren't always there but due to the lighting in the room I've moved my consoles to its the first time noticed it. The plastic doesn't have the white colour to suggest stress on the plastic and its not near where the screws go so I can't see this being from the tension of removing carts from the system. Are all people's Omegas like this or is there something starting to go wrong with my shell?

Thanks all, I have attached some photos, high res ones can be sent if needed.

IMG_4735.JPGIMG_4736.JPGIMG_4737.JPGIMG_4738.JPG

Vice's Love Slave

I double checked the parts I have on hand and that's just how they come out of the mold.

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    I double checked the parts I have on hand and that's just how they come out of the mold.
    Hi shadowkn55,

Many thanks for getting in touch so soon, I guess it might have been the case as its an odd place for the plastic to begin to weaken and they are not typical stress marks you often get on plastic. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen to my Omega as I love this thing.

(no need to shout)
    Because Rot is Watching YOU!

I would like to fit two audio sockets on the Omega to connect to my amp....can you show me the correct way to output stereo please.
    A photo would be kinda swell..
    Thankyou.
    I live for this moment here...

Previous NGH installments!!!.
    Latest NGH additions!!.
    Back in Black....

Vice's Love Slave

I thought about this for a bit and it would be far easier to add rca breakouts on the scart cable than install rca jacks on the system.

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs888 View Post
    Hi shadowkn55,

Many thanks for getting in touch so soon, I guess it might have been the case as its an odd place for the plastic to begin to weaken and they are not typical stress marks you often get on plastic. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen to my Omega as I love this thing.
    The unit I received last week has the exact same marks.

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Thanks for letting me know Rocko, glad something wasn't going wrong with my Omega. I can't really notice them and the machine hasn't missed a beat since I received mine 18 months ago.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Mine has this weird hole kind of thing in the center, it's hard to explain (see pic). It almost seems intentional - like there are spring doors on it??? Anyone else see this blemish on theirs?

omega.jpg

Vice's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    Mine has this weird hole kind of thing in the center, it's hard to explain (see pic). It almost seems intentional - like there are spring doors on it??? Anyone else see this blemish on theirs?

omega.jpg
    I'm not quite seeing what you're pointing at. Do you mind taking a better picture of what the thing is?

Thread Information