Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
My omega won't let me go back to game menu with my 161 multi cart. I have to shut off system then turn back I. To pick a new game. How can I fix this? I am a noon with this system.

isn't the 161-in-1 wired to goto menu when you hold 1p start?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
common prob with the 161-in-1's...the 120-in-1's work great with the Omega.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The best part about having SSVS on there is that more people can see that it's really not a very good game despite the price.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
The best part about having SSVS on there is that more people can see that it's really not a very good game despite the price.

I'm not even sure SSV plain is worth the price. And I paid like $50 for an unused kit of that.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If someone is really bad at it, we'd just tell 'em to use Mina.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
If someone is really bad at it, we'd just tell 'em to use Mina.

She's the only thing cheaper than Sankuro. God I fucking hate Sankuro. Actually, SSVS might be worth the money because he's not there.

So I just got an Omega kit and MV-1C in the mail. Everything seems a bit straight forward but being the noob that I am I will need some sort of instructions for soldering stuff to get stereo sound. You probably got my email Quan but I just wanted to be sure. :glee:

EDIT: Okay so I put everything together and I booted it up only to be greeted by a black and grey checkered screen
IMG_2345.JPG

Last edited:
Okay so here are some pictures of the board. Yes I know the 8 pin connector is missing and yes the battery has broken off. I bought this board from a well known chinese seller whose name most of you are familiar with. I sent the picture above to him and he replied saying that there must be a broken IC. I looked all over the board and can't find anything out of the ordinary besides bent pins (they aren't touching each other so I guess that is okay). If you guys can't find anything then I'm just going to take up his offer for getting a replacement board.
FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_2346.JPG

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Are all the dip switches down? Make sure they are in the up position except for 7.

Are all the dip switches down? Make sure they are in the up position except for 7.
I got the same screen when I put all of the dip switches up and down. I'm not at the house right now but when I get back I'll try putting them up with 7 down.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
What do you get if you turn the Omega on without any cart? same picture or something different?

Last time I checked I got the same screen without a cartridge and it seemed to get there faster like it was less hesitant. When I boot it up either way it gives me a green and pink screen with jibberish on it for a split second and then that's when it goes to that black and grey checkered screen.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Last time I checked I got the same screen without a cartridge and it seemed to get there faster like it was less hesitant. When I boot it up either way it gives me a green and pink screen with jibberish on it for a split second and then that's when it goes to that black and grey checkered screen.

The green screen with gibberish is normal on an MVS board with the original BIOS like yours. You can try the diagnostics BIOS made by smkdan but you would need a NeoBIOSMasta to fit it on your MV1C. You would also need to get the chip already burned or an EPROM and EPROM writer.

Okay so I tried doing what you recommended but it's still giving me a bad screen. I wired the stereo differently than what was suggested so would that mess up anything?
IMG_2349.JPGIMG_2350.JPG

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Okay so I tried doing what you recommended but it's still giving me a bad screen. I wired the stereo differently than what was suggested so would that mess up anything?
View attachment 21557View attachment 21558

Who told you that was the way to do the mod? I would recommend doing the stereo mod the proper way, so you can replace the MV1C board easily if you need/want to. Your way, you have to desolder to replace it, however I doubt that's the source of the issues. I would recommend getting a replacement ASAP, especially if the seller accepts it.

Regards.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

It shouldn't but the jumpers on the controller board weren't designed to be wired for stereo that way. Did the board ever work before you performed the stereo mod?

I will. I just need to hear back from him on what he wants me to do with the board. That would be ridiculous if I have to pay for shipping.

The seller said he will send the replacement out today and I won't have to send back the messed up one. :)