Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs888 View Post
    Not the best quality but I saved the thumbnail from a while back (although original image was taken down).

Attachment 48594

I really need a new scart cable, the one I have that came with the system is really thin, I get a lot of audio noise/buzzing during gameplay and it gets even worse when hooked up to a switcher. I would like a fully shielded one like you can get for other consoles from the big cable makers like Retro Gaming Cables in the UK. I have some of his "packapunch" range and they are superb quality, the audio buzz on the SNES and Mega Drive is almost non existent even on the white Konami logo screen.

Edit: I sent a query to Retro Gaming Cable UK and they have plans to release a fully shielded RGB cable for the Omega in the near future, they currently do sell them for some Super Guns and even the old Analogue CMVS.
    Excellent, thank you. And yes, I wanted a fully shielded cable for the Omega as well so I too contacted RGC, which at least nudged him towards releasing one

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

I'd definitely buy a better SCART cable for my Omega. The video quality is great but I get a noticeable hum I'd love to eliminate.

Morden's Lackey

That would be awesome if they released a cable for the Omega.

Morden's Lackey

Oh cool thanks for the tip.

Crossed Swords Squire

Yeah I guess you could buy the Gen/MD 2 shielded cable and de-solder the caps and resistors from the pcb in the scart head but what about the sync line, just disconnect? I have found I need a sync stripper in mine to work properly with the Framemeister which is how I use the system currently, anyone else find this ? Hopefully they will sell a cable with one included as an option since the standard MD cable is wired for C-Sync.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs888 View Post
    Yeah I guess you could buy the Gen/MD 2 shielded cable and de-solder the caps and resistors from the pcb in the scart head but what about the sync line, just disconnect? I have found I need a sync stripper in mine to work properly with the Framemeister which is how I use the system currently, anyone else find this ? Hopefully they will sell a cable with one included as an option since the standard MD cable is wired for C-Sync.
    As far as I know he'll be releasing his cable to output csync, so it will include a sync stripper. That is what I requested and talked about with him anyway. Perhaps he'll have a version with composite sync (which is what I believe the original cables it came with used) too for those that may want it.
    Last edited by jamon1567; 01-29-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Thread Information