Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Choi's Barber

Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

If you have any tech questions or issues concerning the omega, please ask here. Trying to keep the place tidy and keep other threads on track.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Hi Mike, can you post the Omega's RGB scart diagram so I know in which pins to connect a sync stripper? Thanks

Choi's Barber

Disconnect the yellow wire from the scart connector and connect it to the input line on the lm1881. Connect the csync output to pin 20 on the scart end. Power is the brown wire and ground is the gray one.

Host for Orochi

Last edited by Nickrb; 05-17-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner

Nice eviltim diagram

Choi's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Nice eviltim diagram
    He does good work. Throw in a little mspaint action, and voila.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Beret View Post
    Hi Mike, can you post the Omega's RGB scart diagram so I know in which pins to connect a sync stripper? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post

Disconnect the yellow wire from the scart connector and connect it to the input line on the lm1881. Connect the csync output to pin 20 on the scart end. Power is the brown wire and ground is the gray one.
    thanks mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    thanks mike.
    Fuck yeah. John is the best!
    Terraonion Team Member

Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

Follow me on Twitter @ToddsNerdCave

Bashful Neophyte

My omega won't let me go back to game menu with my 161 multi cart. I have to shut off system then turn back I. To pick a new game. How can I fix this? I am a noon with this system.

Choi's Barber

The 161 has known issues with any mvs setup that uses memory cards. For reasons unknown, it blocks the return to menu feature when it detects a memory card.

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by David4713 View Post
    My omega won't let me go back to game menu with my 161 multi cart. I have to shut off system then turn back I. To pick a new game. How can I fix this? I am a noon with this system.
    isn't the 161-in-1 wired to goto menu when you hold 1p start?

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

common prob with the 161-in-1's...the 120-in-1's work great with the Omega.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    common prob with the 161-in-1's...the 120-in-1's work great with the Omega.
    Can confirm. Used it until I got real games. The Sam Sho V Special on it makes it fairly worthwhile, too.

The best part about having SSVS on there is that more people can see that it's really not a very good game despite the price.

If anyone complains that the Omega is too dark then whatever other system they are comparing it to is probably too light. People often confuse jacking the brightness up as looking "better."
    Whatcha gonna do?

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I recently had some issues with scart video desyncing on my framemeister. It was a mix of little random flickers and multi-second drops, but composite was fine. (well, as fine as it ever was ) I ordered another scart cable as that was the easiest thing it could be, and I lucked out with that being the issue. I may buy a couple more.

Just posting in case anybody runs into similar.

There weren't any obvious issues with the old cable. Nothing seemed out of place inside the big end, and prodding down its length didn't seem to reproduce the desync reliably.
    Last edited by Reaperman; 12-31-2016 at 09:15 PM.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Welcome to the forum! When I bought my Omega a few years ago it was my first time at Neo ownership besides the Pocket. It's a great system and well worth the wait. I know some folks have been having issues lately, but I have nothing but love for my Omega.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

I'd definitely buy a better SCART cable for my Omega. The video quality is great but I get a noticeable hum I'd love to eliminate.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

That would be awesome if they released a cable for the Omega.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Oh cool thanks for the tip.

Mr. Big's Thug

Yeah I guess you could buy the Gen/MD 2 shielded cable and de-solder the caps and resistors from the pcb in the scart head but what about the sync line, just disconnect? I have found I need a sync stripper in mine to work properly with the Framemeister which is how I use the system currently, anyone else find this ? Hopefully they will sell a cable with one included as an option since the standard MD cable is wired for C-Sync.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs888 View Post
    Yeah I guess you could buy the Gen/MD 2 shielded cable and de-solder the caps and resistors from the pcb in the scart head but what about the sync line, just disconnect? I have found I need a sync stripper in mine to work properly with the Framemeister which is how I use the system currently, anyone else find this ? Hopefully they will sell a cable with one included as an option since the standard MD cable is wired for C-Sync.
    As far as I know he'll be releasing his cable to output csync, so it will include a sync stripper. That is what I requested and talked about with him anyway. Perhaps he'll have a version with composite sync (which is what I believe the original cables it came with used) too for those that may want it.
    Last edited by jamon1567; 01-29-2018 at 03:56 PM.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

I just got myself a PC Engine Packapunch cable and it greatly reduced the buzz I was getting from that console. Very interested to see how their Omega cable works.

Mr. Big's Thug

I just wanted to update things regarding the Retro Gaming Cables UK "Packapunch" fully shielded RGB cable I ordered. It arrived today and I am very pleased to say that it works beautifully and has vastly reduced the background audio buzz/hum I was getting before. I have tested it directly with my XRGB Framemeister and also via a Bandridge scart switcher and background buzz is almost gone. This was a big problem before, especially when using the scart switch as the noise was even worse to the point were I couldn't use the Omega with it. The only thing I had to do differently with this cable was manually set the sync level to 24 on the Framemeister rather than leave it on auto.

Basically this solves one on the biggest issues I had with my Omega and I am glad it was the cable and not due to some other internal issue, I love the system and recommend anyone keen to reduce the noise on their system to pick this cable up. Obviously I am aware that Quan sells his own RGB cable alongside the system and I have two of these, the picture quality is excellent but sadly the lack of shielding does cause some unwanted audio buzzing.

Edit: It is worth noting that my Arcade Works RGB cables are from 2014/15, so are probably an earlier version. I will open then up and double check with shadowkn55.
    Last edited by Larrs888; 04-01-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Thread Information