Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm currently on a road trip right now and I won't be back until Saturday night. One thing to check to verify that the battery still works is to see if it still retains softdip settings. You can get to the soft dip settings by pressing B+C+D during bootup. Changing the default level to something else is the most visible way to see any changes in softdips. After you change it, power down the system for a few minutes then power it back up. If it goes back to the default level which is normally level 4, then the battery is done for. I keep around a supply new rechargeable batteries if the old one doesn't keep a charge or shows any remote signs of leakage.

If it still retains the softdip settings, there is one thing I was messing around with before I left on my roadtrip. Try formatting the memory card. You can do this by pressing A+B+C+D during the unibios splash to get to the memory card manager. Also, give the memory card a new name with and without an exclamation point ("!") as the final letter of the name. The exclamation point is what tells the unibios to save high scores to memory card or not.

I'll be able to do more testing of different variables when I get back to socal this weekend if none of these help.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I tried formatting the memory card but the soft dip and the region setting are still lost on power down.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does anyone know how to get the unibios button combinations back, I accidentally enabled arcade protect when having a poke around the general settings on my Omega and now I can't access the general settings or soft dips. I read that setting hard dip 1 will fix it but I have no idea how to open the omega, I'm guessing all the screw holes are under the rubber feat?

Thanks guys if you help me out.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does anyone know how to get the unibios button combinations back, I accidentally enabled arcade protect when having a poke around the general settings on my Omega and now I can't access the general settings or soft dips. I read that setting hard dip 1 will fix it but I have no idea how to open the omega, I'm guessing all the screw holes are under the rubber feat?

Thanks guys if you help me out.

I have now sorted it out, I opened up my Omega using a hair dryer to soften the glue on the rubber feet. Set DIP1 and held A+B+C as I powered the machine on with a game inserted and was able to access the Unibios general settings once more so I could disable the "Arcade Protect" mode. While I was at it I disabled free play so I can set myself credit challenges and played around with DIP 4+5 to set the difficulty on my 120 in 1 multi-cart.

I heated the rubber feet up again before sticking them back so hopefully they stay on now. If anyone knows where to buy more, or ideally get some with holes in the middle so you can still access the screws that would be awesome!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm glad you got it sorted out. If you need additional rubber feet, I sell replacements.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Hey, Shadow... I'm wondering if you were able to get my SCART RGB cable sent out yet? Your site lists it as still processing, but it's been a bit.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Hey, Shadow... I'm wondering if you were able to get my SCART RGB cable sent out yet? Your site lists it as still processing, but it's been a bit.

I'll look into it. I thought I had everything out before I left for Portland.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I'll look into it. I thought I had everything out before I left for Portland.

Thanks! Might be in transit or something, our mail in NYC has been very strange lately. It was Order #100000264.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Just want to give an update to the saving problem.

I removed the MV-1C from the omega (it pretty easy , just be careful with the led when you remove the cover) and sent it to shadowkn55 . He fixed it the same day he received it and sent it back to me quickly. It now works perfectly and keeps all my settings when i turn it off.

You can see that shadow takes pride in what he does and he will help you till your problem is fixed!

OmegaMan

n00b
I just bought a copy of Ninja Commando. Cart seems to be running in Free Play mode (per the message on the screen). As far as I can tell that appears to be a Hard DIP setting which, as I understand it, should affect all my MVS games if it were set in the hard dips -- but it seems to be only on this game. My buddy said it might be a glitch with the UniBIOS and that setting the region to Europe might fix it (I'm at work, so plan to test this later). Any thoughts?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Try clearing the backup ram. Systems are normally set to free play when I ship them out unless the customer requests it off or changes the dip setting afterwards.

Priv3060

n00b
I apologize if this has been answered but I haven't found it yet...

I ran into some weird color issues setting up my Omega on my Samsung HD with components (I am guessing they just aren't quite compatible), so I have my Omega set up on my Sony Trinitron CRT using component cables
and it looks great, but I had a resolution question. Most games fit the screen perfectly however there are a few that just barely hit the edge and you lose some screen.
Specifically I have run into this with Super Sidekicks 3, where the high scores are just at the edge and they barely run out of room.

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this and make it all fit? In the bios or something? Its no huge deal as the games are still totally playable but it would be cool to get it all to fit correctly.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I apologize if this has been answered but I haven't found it yet...

I ran into some weird color issues setting up my Omega on my Samsung HD with components (I am guessing they just aren't quite compatible), so I have my Omega set up on my Sony Trinitron CRT using component cables
and it looks great, but I had a resolution question. Most games fit the screen perfectly however there are a few that just barely hit the edge and you lose some screen.
Specifically I have run into this with Super Sidekicks 3, where the high scores are just at the edge and they barely run out of room.

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this and make it all fit? In the bios or something? Its no huge deal as the games are still totally playable but it would be cool to get it all to fit correctly.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

This has to do with how the tv handles overscan. It's different from set to set so you'll have to play around with the settings and see if you can adjust anything to that effect. For some people, getting into the service menu (via special button presses) will let you adjust things like that if they aren't readily available.

Priv3060

n00b
Hey, thanks a lot for the quick response.

I got into the service menu and was able to adjust a few settings it so now its near perfect.

Thanks again

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I have been playing on component cables and everything works great. Recently got the framemeister and RGB cables, but get weird lines across the screen. I did switch the back of the console to RGB, so not sure if anyone knows if there are special settings I should be using?

Hmmm, seems if I turn the V-sync up on the games its stops the lines.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You'll have to play around with the sync and/or v_width settings. Unfortunately, the frame meister isn't as plug and play as most of us would like it to be.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have been playing on component cables and everything works great. Recently got the framemeister and RGB cables, but get weird lines across the screen. I did switch the back of the console to RGB, so not sure if anyone knows if there are special settings I should be using?

Hmmm, seems if I turn the V-sync up on the games its stops the lines.

Change your V WIDTH to 33 instead of 32. You'll need to switch it back for other consoles.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the help guys. The 33 setting worked, and it seems different games like different Vsync settings. Slight hassle but it looks great.

Last edited:

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Does anyone else get a slight buzzing type sound when there is no audio outputting?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Does anyone else get a slight buzzing type sound when there is no audio outputting?

What kind of cable are you using? Mine does that with the RGB SCART, but most systems do if you don't run the audio separately, or the cable is really well shielded.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
What kind of cable are you using? Mine does that with the RGB SCART, but most systems do if you don't run the audio separately, or the cable is really well shielded.

Oh, durr, I see you've got the same setup as me. Yeah, there's buzzing with the cable. At some point I'd like to add RCA jacks for audio to avoid using the Mini alltogether, since most SCART cables seem to have this issue for me.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Oh, durr, I see you've got the same setup as me. Yeah, there's buzzing with the cable. At some point I'd like to add RCA jacks for audio to avoid using the Mini alltogether, since most SCART cables seem to have this issue for me.

I have an RGB Scart cable on the framemeister. I was just curious since on the component cables I was running prior, I didn't hear a buzz.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I have an RGB Scart cable on the framemeister. I was just curious since on the component cables I was running prior, I didn't hear a buzz.

Yeah, I've got the same thing. But pretty much any of my consoles do it when I run the audio through the RGB cable; I shouldn't have cheaped out with them. My SNES in particular is an offender in this regard.

David4713

n00b
My omega won't let me go back to game menu with my 161 multi cart. I have to shut off system then turn back I. To pick a new game. How can I fix this? I am a noon with this system.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The 161 has known issues with any mvs setup that uses memory cards. For reasons unknown, it blocks the return to menu feature when it detects a memory card.