ChannelManiac is the man

Ghandi

4" Chinaman Slave, ,
Hey guys, just thought I'd give everyone a heads up about ChannelManiac/arcadecomponents.com. I sent him a board for repair back in the fall, and initially he was really cool about getting it done. He said it might take him a while as he was really busy, and I told him not to sweat it, whenever he got it done was fine with me. A month or so after I sent it to him he emailed me back telling me he had finally gotten around to fixing the board, had diagnosed the problem, repaired it, and would talk to me about the return shipping as soon as he had some more free time. Well, that's where the communication ended. He just stopped responding to all of my emails. It's been almost 4 months since I've heard from him. I just wanted to let everyone know of my experience, and to just be weary of sending anything to him or buying anything from his website. It seems like he has a really great reputation, but maybe he's just fallen off the face of the earth. If anyone had seen him posting or has heard from him, I'd appreciate a heads up as I really want to get my board back. Thanks.

EDIT: no cause for concern, everything is sorted out. Don't hesitate to send any projects to Ray!

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I can tell you, Ray is a viciously busy man. Like 80 hour work weeks, hell he's not even home most of the time. I can promise you he hasn't snaked your board, just be patient.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
I bought a few small components from his web shop a couple weeks ago and they showed up. He's probably just really busy like KP says.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
hummmm. he's quite a stand-up member of the community across all boards. his last post here was just last month, try to PM him.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
As far as I know, he is really busy.

But, he is still worth the wait.

Best guy in town.

I just sent him a PM.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up T!

Please PM me your name and address so I can look into it. I've been killed by the day job and am slowly digging my way out of the boards here for repair and am almost done.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up T!

Please PM me your name and address so I can look into it. I've been killed by the day job and am slowly digging my way out of the boards here for repair and am almost done.

see? not even hiding and quick to act.

a pillar of the community here.

we all get busy, ray.

Ghandi

4" Chinaman Slave, ,
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'm sure this will get worked out.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Just throwing in my 0.02 in as well. Channelmaniac is an awesome guy and you get top notch work out of him, but he gets incredibly busy and isn't home much with his day job (from what I have gathered). I have yet to hear of anyone having a bad transaction form him and have seen 100+ transactions on the various boards.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks everyone!

Thankfully the travel has slowed down. I'm not traveling next week to San Francisco for an industry conference. I was at the Melbourne, Australia version of it back in March, in Lisbon, Portugal in February, 2 weeks in San Jose in January, 2 weeks in 4 countries in Europe in December, 2 weeks in San Jose in November, October, and September... Was finally able to visit my dad and stepmom in Missouri in April as I came back from Europe with the flu and couldn't go see her right after she had spinal surgery. To top it off I've been working on a competitive portal for internal use and a bunch of other projects that have sucked up massive amounts of hours.

I've started reclaiming my evenings over the past 3 weeks and getting out in the shop for the first times in months. It feels GOOD to get out there and start working on boards again and I've kicked out a few. After this one for Alex I have a Galaga boardset for a KLOV member left to do and 3 boxes of stuff to ship out - one already paid for.

Whew!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Oh, and I'll be back in San Jose in June and in Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/France in July.

:)

Ghandi

4" Chinaman Slave, ,
Got the board last week, it's in the cab working great! It took a while, but there aren't many people who are able/willing to work on these boards. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the work Raymond did. He's a great guy who does top notch work. If you know doing any work on your own boards is just going to create more problems, send them over to Ray!