Omega MVS Shells - revisited

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
After inquiring about the Omega MVS shells shadow55 informed me, that I'm not the only one still interested in this.
He had a Kickstarter, but due to lack of participation it wasn't successfully funded.

You all had some time to think about this now and you KNOW that you want the stuff and that it has to be either BLACK or RED.

So post the amount you are willing to get at a preorder price of $15 (subject to change - was what I was told) and use your puny math skills to deduct it from the total.
(he needs an order of 1000 to get it running)

TAKE 10 => LEFT 990

Attachments

• b59a34290431b952cc1717d56efb3b96_large.jpg
    b59a34290431b952cc1717d56efb3b96_large.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Berry, plz. They don't look like that anymore.

omegashellredesign1_zpsddc61f40.png

omegashellredesign2_zps670b8cf0.png

omegashellredesign3_zpsd0693ec3.png

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I need the BBC

Edit: Southtown / Windy should order a bulk of the order and resell. MVS collecting is on the rise. Southtown acquiring a number of these makes sense, since it goes hand-in-hand with the sale of their shockboxes. I assume the reason why they can print inserts is because they have equipment. It would be very convenient for customers to order a shockbox, insert, MVS shell, and sticker for these as a set.

Last edited:

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Southtown would be more than happy to take some units on wholesale and make them available at this price, as it is easy for us to shelve them and make them available for global shipping. But not anywhere near 1,000. Typically, when Jeff was producing these, I'd buy about 50 and it would take at least a year to sell through that many, and that was at $8 apiece.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
14 for me in black.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
ill take 20 in black. Did the addition for the 2 poster above me. = 891 left

inzo

n00b
Would this be akin to the Kickstarter with label printing service included?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Would this be akin to the Kickstarter with label printing service included?

can't say - we need official info from shadowkn55 on that - I just started this thread to see if we can get to the minimum needed.

Last edited:

inzo

n00b
can't say - we need official info from shadowkn55 on that - I just started this thread to see if we can get to the minimum needed.

I'm hoping it will be. It's not a deal breaker but it would be nice because I would not be able to make my own. Thanks for the thread start. Hopefully this would be the spark needed to get things going.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Talk is cheap ~ Not to disrespect anyone - lol - but I'd only be tallying the hard pipe hittin', shotgun ridin', bout-it-bout-it-ride-or-die members on the total. I know this is just an interest thread, but you might as well have it calculated as PROBABLE and POSSIBLE shells moved.

Shadow will have labels, I don't know if $15 would cover both shell and a label though. He won't be making booty junk labels, so take that into consideration. The quality will be there print/material wise.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so little momentum in this thread... bummer.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Need to grab the attention of all the eBay hipsters driving stuff like SVC Chaos MVS past the AES release.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Here's the game plan if I can get enough people on board:

1. Pre-production (before I put down the 50% for mold tooling) - $15 (includes label)
2. Standard pre-order (after mold deposit but before mass production) - $15 (no label)
3. Retail - $20 (no label)

venchia3

n00b
seems like a great plan! :) are you thinking of something in particular to re-launch this project officially? Maybe a new kickstarter or the like?

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Mostly likely I'll put it as a catalog item on the website with the terms laid out.

inzo

n00b
Here's the game plan if I can get enough people on board:

1. Pre-production (before I put down the 50% for mold tooling) - $15 (includes label)
2. Standard pre-order (after mold deposit but before mass production) - $15 (no label)
3. Retail - $20 (no label)

Thanks for the info! I hope my questions didn't pose doubt about this project,your work speaks for itself. I just wanted to make sure all the bases are covered.

In the meantime,i'll take 17. 829 left.

Although I do have to add,the Kickstarter raised almost 4k from a total of 47 backers before it ended. We need to get the majority of those folks aboard.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
i would rather love original looking AES cartridges reprinted they could hold MVS Games as well, all what you need to do is remove some pins in them and you could fit both AES and MVS PCBs.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
i would rather love original looking AES cartridges reprinted they could hold MVS Games as well, all what you need to do is remove some pins in them and you could fit both AES and MVS PCBs.

The investment-hoarding-conversation-starting-shelf-lookers on here would scream bloody murder at this.