World Cup 2014 BRASIL

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Three words: In. Ter. Net.

Deutschland uber alles.

Yeah actually BerryTogart hooked me up with a link to a stream with World Cup, Germany and Portugal are on at 10AM my time.

PS: Uber alles!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Too bad the first verse of the German anthem ("Deutschland über alles") has been taboo'ed. Yeah, it contains some outdated geographical stuff ("von der Maas bis an die Memel, von der Etsch bis an den Belt", which translates to "from the Meuse to the Neman, from the Adige to the Belt" = the three rivers and the Belt strait which defined the borders of the Reich in the mid 1800s) but I like it anyway.

Nowadays we only sing the 3rd verse... ...which I will sing on the top of my lungs tomorrow. :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Does the third verse sound like "the Jews are very good and they are generous with their money, and they saved Germany from the evil aryans"

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Does the third verse sound like "the Jews are very good and they are generous with their money, and they saved Germany from the evil aryans"

Haha, no, it sounds like "We'll dry your tears with money and pussy out of every military operation but silently deliver weapons to all combatants".

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Yeah, it contains some outdated geographical stuff ("von der Maas bis an die Memel, von der Etsch bis an den Belt".

I live literally 10 footsteps away from the Maas! Meh, national anthems are supposed to be historical.

I don't like the English national anthem personally. It's about the queen, not the country.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Whatever happened to "Land of Hope and Glory" as our national anthem?

I vote that it should be the Dambusters theme. At uni there are loads of Germans, so naturally I have it as my ringtone!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Univision's website has all the games in HD for free.

Spanish commentary is a bonus as well.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Edit: Also this thread is loaded with typical Euro elitism. When's the last time a European team won the World Cup in South America? I see a CONMEBOL team winning this thing one way or another.

Brazil looked pretty ordinary on opening day, Argentina unconvincing so far this match. Fair enough it's a bit early to take much away from that but that's not going to stop me wagering a blazing star mvs cart with free postage for a european winner, if you're sure enough to offer up something of equal worth??

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I live literally 10 footsteps away from the Maas! Meh, national anthems are supposed to be historical.

I don't like the English national anthem personally. It's about the queen, not the country.

Agreed. "Jerusalem" should be our national anthem IMO.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I live literally 10 footsteps away from the Maas!

Maaskantje? :)

Zo'n grote vuurbal jonge! BAM! :D

I vote that it should be the Dambusters theme. At uni there are loads of Germans, so naturally I have it as my ringtone!

In January, my boss and our friends from England (Lancaster) bought an old fireworks factory that was closed since 2002. The whole area is thickly overgrown now, there are trees growing on some roofs and you can't even see the buildings anymore. Looks like a jungle.

Two weeks ago, we went there for seven days of slashing and burning, lawnmowing, scratching moss from the ground and getting rid of all the horseshit that is laying around there (the area was used by a horse breeder for several years). We were six people, my boss and I and four guys from England, Tony (the boss of TLSFX who we will manufacture stuff for), his colleague Peter and the two James. On one night when we were finished with work, we went to a Italian restaurant in James' car. He had some movie themes on his phone and after a quick search, he came up with the Great Escape theme... so... four English lads and a German were driving through the warm summer night of Saxony-Anhalt in the heart of Germany, whistling the Great Escape theme and having fun to no end... I loved it!

The Dambusters theme is great as well, I'm a big fan of the movie. The area in Lincolnshire the factory of our friends is located in is Lancaster bomber country, the Dambuster raids started from there. When we went there for the first time, we visited the RAF airfield and of course the Dambuster Inn in Scampton, they have a lot of nice memorabilia there, including a complete Lancaster cockpit. The food is great as well.

So... either tune would be fine with me! :D

EDIT:

If you really wanna rile your fellow German students up, put the Horst Wessel Lied on yer phone...! :lolz:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yep. The flag is flying in the wind, the beer's in the fridge and I've disconnected the phone.

Fingers crossed. SCHLAAAAAND!! :D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
England Uruguay

Spain Chile

Everything else is less important at this moment.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm loving this world cup, they've put some kind of 28 days later rage juice in the drinking water. Superb.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The red card is debatable, at least in practise. In theory, Pepe attacked Müller twice which should be punished with sending him off according to the book.

Ah well. The ref seems very strict.