World Cup 2014 BRASIL

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I don't get all the negativity around England's team.

Italy is NEVER an easy side to beat.
It was a really interesting match.

I feel the WC is coming to Europe somehow.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I don't get all the negativity around England's team.

We're a pretty negative country. We love complaining about things. I had a dream the other night where anything I wanted could happen. In my dream everyone was being annoying and I kept getting pissed off. Even in my fantasy dreamworld I was not pleased. That's what being English does to you! :keke:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Maybe if they used a better wing defender Rooney could be doing the thing he should be doing instead of helping out the crippled .
Great pass though .

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I found the English game quite good, Italy is a tough nut to crack and the English lads did well until Balotelli's head goal, Cahill was a bit overwhelmed with him it seems.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
It would be a mistake to overlook Uruguay or Costa Rica. I would be surprised if England wins both those games, 3 or 4 points seems more likely to me.

I bet Joel Campbell is even more motivated for the England game. Wants to show Arsenal what they are missing when they ship him off to lead Olympiacos to the last 16 of the champions league.

Edit: Also this thread is loaded with typical Euro elitism. When's the last time a European team won the World Cup in South America? I see a CONMEBOL team winning this thing one way or another.

Last edited:

Mac91

10 Year Member
Edit: Also this thread is loaded with typical Euro elitism. When's the last time a European team won the World Cup in South America? I see a CONMEBOL team winning this thing one way or another.

The creators always look down on the created.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Settle down, Alexi Lalas.

No one discounts the advantage of Brazil in Brazil, but its obvious to many that this current team would not have won in Japan in 2002, or in the USA in 1994. Its a mediocre team by comparison.

As for the rest of the teams, they have talent, but it's too early for you to be sucking off every South American you find.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Wow, the Swiss score in the 93rd minute to take 3 points after withstanding what seemed like endless Ecuadorian pressure in the last 15 minutes of the match.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hop Schwiiz!! :D

That wasn't a really good match but I'm happy for Switzerland, they're great neighbours :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ecuador got too reckless at the end and made crazy counter opportunity a for the Swiss to exploit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It would be a mistake to overlook Uruguay or Costa Rica. I would be surprised if England wins both those games, 3 or 4 points seems more likely to me.

I bet Joel Campbell is even more motivated for the England game. Wants to show Arsenal what they are missing when they ship him off to lead Olympiacos to the last 16 of the champions league.

If the opening game is any indication, it'll be "another".

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I guess no one else than myself felt so sorry for Equator because of that 92th minute...

Some scars are still hard to heal...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know if anyone here is seeing what happened, but Valbuena got away with antagonizing players with dirty play, and riled up the Hondurans into that red card.

Ref is blind.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't know if anyone here is seeing what happened, but Valbuena got away with antagonizing players with dirty play, and riled up the Hondurans into that red card.

Ref is blind.

Yep, saw the same thing. Got to hand it to this world cup - never a dull moment.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have been checking my map of Africa and I can't find France on it.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
*sigh* I'd really like to watch Germany vs Portugal tomorrow, no antenna and no cable. *sadlife*

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I have been checking my map of Africa and I can't find France on it.

No luck, eh? Any luck finding Ecuador?
Speaking of Ecuador, congrats to the Swiss Republic of Displaced Albanian Mafia Anchor Babies for beating them.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Frogs, pardon, France - Honduras 3:0. Ah well.

I've made some crackers and rockets for tomorrow's match vs Portugal, hope I will have a use for them.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member

I've made some crackers and rockets for tomorrow's match vs Portugal, hope I will have a use for them.

Dude, Portugal gonna get got. :buttrock:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Let's hope for the best. Portugal doesn't like to play against us so we might have a slight advantage here.

Mac91

10 Year Member
*sigh* I'd really like to watch Germany vs Portugal tomorrow, no antenna and no cable. *sadlife*

Three words: In. Ter. Net.

Deutschland uber alles.