World Cup 2014 BRASIL

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
really interesting how far Casillas comes out of position these days. Same shit led to Godin's goal in the CL finals.

Mourinho was correct to drop him. I always questioned why - now i understand.

Still its not all his fault. Spain has a shit defense. And what happened to Tiki-Taka?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow Columbia must be in full party mode. Everyone at the Colombian bar is getting laid tonight.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i thought they would struggle without Falcao but they are playing like champions

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Columbia played well, Greece looked rather helpless.

Now bring on Italy - UK, will be fun.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
First time in 24 years that Colombians have won opener.

That seems like ages, until you remember that is only 6 world cups...

Those kind of stats piss me off. The number of times that commentators bring up historical stats, which have no bearing on the game, is incredible. Yeah, there appears to be a pattern there, but in 24 years that's quite a few players and managers. You hear shit like this all the time. "The last time England played in white on a saturday and beat a team from Europe, they won the World Cup" Of course this is an exaggerated madeup example, but shit like this is so prevalent.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The thing that really annoys me is the British press and other media keep bringing up 1966 I'm sick of hearing about it, others include we get beat the commentators or the papers always make excuses like the pitch not being suitable enough or a poor refereering decision made us lose the game.

There already complaining about the playing surface tonight, so that's nothing new.

Mac91

10 Year Member
The thing that really annoys me is the British press and other media keep bringing up 1966 I'm sick of hearing about it, others include we get beat the commentators or the papers always make excuses like the pitch not being suitable enough or a poor refereering decision made us lose the game.

There already complaining about the playing surface tonight, so that's nothing new.

Adrian Chiles was talking to the pundits before last night's match. He asked Viera what happened about Fabio Capello, saying "He won Serie A from 1991 to 1996 and then La Liga in 97. He did well at Real Madrid too, winning La Liga in 2007. Why couldn't he get results out of England?" (or words to that effect) To which Viera replied "It might have something to do with the players not being very good" and Chiles was in utter disbelief. He couldn't believe that England had bad players.

The English media is a fucking joke. They live in some make-believe land. Win can win it one day, we are total rubbish the next. No middle ground with those fuckers.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So far the games have outperformed my expectations by a fair distance, really enjoying this.

Nerves kicking in now for the first time though, partly because of the win/loss at stake, but more that england will put in not only an abysmal performance, but one of their routinely DULL AS SHIT performances and slow the whole competition right down.

Just attack lads, that's all I ask.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
lol Urugauy

So far the games have outperformed my expectations by a fair distance, really enjoying this.

Nerves kicking in now for the first time though, partly because of the win/loss at stake, but more that england will put in not only an abysmal performance, but one of their routinely DULL AS SHIT performances and slow the whole competition right down.

Just attack lads, that's all I ask.

It's going to be tough mate, Italy are very good at what they do and that's playing a very defensive style of Football which probably means they will frustrate us in the final third of the pitch and will probably hit us on the counter-attack and win 1-0

I hope they don't but we will find out soon enough.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Costa Rica played well. Great finish on the third goal. That through ball was orgasmic.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
That Costa Rican performance was brilliant. Love seeing Uruguay get beaten.

Would like to see England do something this time. Especially from their young players.

Mac91

10 Year Member
Keep calm and kick some ass, guys! Engerrrrland!! :)

If anyone says England in less than 3 syllables then they're stupid. Tak knows the score! Eng-er-lund!!!!!

Mac91

10 Year Member
That should have been a draw. Both teams I felt, were evenly matched. Welbeck nicking the ball off players was pretty good. Balotelli was great. As usual. That wasn't a depressing defeat really. I did see a lot of positives; especially after Italy's goals, we fought back pretty ferociously, it just didn't end well. It's the first game, I can't wait for the next game.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Cahill was caught ballwatching. That was the difference in my opinion

Otherwise i agree, an evenly matched game. England were a little unlucky but there you go. They should be aiming for at least 4 points from the remaining 2 games

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Until they ran out of steam in the last 20 minutes, England did well and were unlucky not to come away with a point. There were some signs of life so they still have a chance to make it out of the group.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The game against Italy really showed how poor we are as a team, Shrek should be dropped from the squad with immediate effect with another poor showing, he can't even take a corner properly and the ball ended up somewhere in row Z of the stadium. Sterling is good at running with the ball and not much else when it comes to making chances with the possession he has and is very greedy and does not pass the ball to his team mates.

After the result it's going to be very hard to get out of the group stages now.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The game against Italy really showed how poor we are as a team, Shrek should be dropped from the squad with immediate effect with another poor showing, he can't even take a corner properly and the ball ended up somewhere in row Z of the stadium. Sterling is good at running with the ball and not much else when it comes to making chances with the possession he has and is very greedy and does not pass the ball to his team mates.

After the result it's going to be very hard to get out of the group stages now.

I'm not feeling quite so negative to be honest. Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted buy I thought it was the best I'd seen an England side play in nigh on a decade. If they play the same as that for the next two matches I think they'll sail into the last 16.

Fuck Rooney though for sure.

Mac91

10 Year Member
I'm not feeling quite so negative to be honest. Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted buy I thought it was the best I'd seen an England side play in nigh on a decade. If they play the same as that for the next two matches I think they'll sail into the last 16.

Fuck Rooney though for sure.

Same. Rooney was abysmal. No doubt we will improve in the next games. Hopefully.