World Cup 2014 BRASIL

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
It's actually impressive as far as history goes.

South America - 9 Cups
Europe - 10 Cups

Brazil leading with 5 cups and Italy with 4.

Unless you are talking outside of FIFA with Premier League and such. Regardless the sport was founded in England.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Fuck Europe hogging all the glory, this is it. Who's gonna unsettle the score? Argentina without Maradona and the hand of god is gonna have a hard time against that magnificent display Germany had against Brazil. 86' Maradona and the hand of god, 90' Klinsman and Lothar Matthews, this is it, a great final indeed.

Netherlands vs Germany would have been a very boring final.

The Dutch still have a thing to settle with us since the World Cup of 1974 and a Germany - Holland final would have been a good occasion for that. Very boring? I beg to differ, it would have been a match to remember. Germany - Holland is never boring, even if it's just a friendly match, and don't get me started on a WC final!

European clubs dominate the sport because many clubs and national teams over here belong to the global cream of the crop. Of course money plays a huge role here, that and the residency of FIFA in Switzerland... the thing is, the national football associations haven't found a way for organizing international cups for both European AND (South) American clubs, in everyday life over here, footie from over the pond does not really play a role. This is due to sporadic TV broadcasts of South American matches, I'm sure things would look different if we would see more of it... the Euro broadcasters and TV conglomerates prolly wouldn't like it at all, they make loadsa money with selling local/Euro TV rights and their stuff may go down in value if they'd show more int'l/SA matches... ah well, in the end, it's all about da monies, that's what I hate about football in this day and age.

So, well, Argentina it is, then. Germany - Argentina is another classic, I just hope that both parties play a fair game.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The Argentina Vs Netherlands match was boring...

...Not even penalties woke me up from my slumber...

xROTx

PS. I'm glad the Argies won... because let's be honest... we're NOT giving them back the Falkland Islands...
PPS. I'm also glad Germany are still in the World cup.... because i have UNLIMITED broadband... and a list of people I whatsapp in Eastern Europe...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

Yup. I fell asleep just before the end of first half, then woke up right at the start of the penalties, what a borefest.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
"I tore the anus that move. So the pain."

Sports forum sig material right there.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

It was I agree and I was afraid had Netherlands won it, I think it could have been a boring final but that's just me.

RX, that's tremendous, I do however feel like less south american teams make it to the quarters than european teams.

Copa Liberatdores de America is my favorite cup aside from the world cup 'cause of the south American clubs. It's going to sound dumb but I see much better futbol on Libertadores than on this cup. It's all relative I guess, for example Mexico does relatively well in the cup from cup to cup but the club game is poor at best.

Colombian Club game is amazing, so many great athletes, back in the day oh man, those were the days. Colombian futbol has a lot of bad karma behind it, this cup was a good turning point for us. I think we were represented well. So many douchebags are bitching to no end, they bitch and bitch about FIFA this and FIFA that and then when Germany destroyed Brazil they were laughing at Brazil, so what happened to the excuses about refs and FIFA, right? am I right? It's crazy, they just make Colombians seem bitter. I'm grateful for this cup and I'm grateful for James and Cuadrado, they really made us look intrepid, happy and classy as hell. No team ever will measure to Colombia Italy 90 but Karma is a bitch.

I want Germany to win but at the same time it'd be nice for Argentina to win, the thing is I like Germany, the guys are so humble and ridiculous formations, insane strategy, they really showed off against Brazil, I wished they played like that in previous games this cup. Klinsman on his day was very inspirational though, he made you believe the guy could fly after each goal, it's like he was an angel, love him to death, he has done great for the US, better coach they'll never score.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

xROTx

PS. I'm glad the Argies won... because let's be honest... we're NOT giving them back the Falkland Islands...
PPS. I'm also glad Germany are still in the World cup.... because i have UNLIMITED broadband... and a list of people I whatsapp in Eastern Europe...

Speaking of the Falklands, the English (namely Gerrard) could of used this as a peace offering (the byatch on the right) :P

article-0-1F5550EF00000578-127_634x621.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's not what they seem like during the game against Brazil, plenty of rights to brag and yet they behaved like gentlemen. I'm talking about the team not germans in general.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
That's not what they seem like during the game against Brazil, plenty of rights to brag and yet they behaved like gentlemen. I'm talking about the team not germans in general.

I remember one world cup when Brazil was set to play Croatia at a time when Brazil was pretty hot shit....their coach said something like "we don't even NEED to play our starters to beat them, our rookie bench warmers are more than enough to handle'em".

Croats are pretty proud people (douchily so), but Brazilian players, coaches, and fans are total fucking knobs when they are flying high.
I know Balkan people and let me tell you that out-douching them is a pretty notable accomplishment.

Compare that to the germans who just did their job (destroying brazil), offered their sympathies and moved on without shit-talking before/after the game....leaving nothing behind but tears and some kind words to console them.

I feel for the poorest in Brazil/latin America who are looking for things to be happy about in their lives, but Germany has been pure class so far.

So hopefully they crush Argentina as well.
And the Argie fans getting posted on this thread look so hot you could eat them out in public and it wouldn't even look inappropriate.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
behaved like gentlemen

axNXwW1_460sa_v1.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
He does, Mueller's mouth opened huge when he was claiming foul near the goal field on the first half, he almost looked like Golem or something.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Well at least we secured third place although I feel for the Brazil team, there country hates them even more now .

10553533_10152542353691950_2290089780402461922_n.jpg

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
Yes, strange Game again, but so much errors from the Referee aswell.Congrats to Holland.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
7 HOURS TO GO!!!

...I just heard from Tak... he's already built a stockpile of Flammeable materials to set off if Germany wins...

I'm already contacting the UN... they may need to call a ceasefire.... Israel vs Palestine style'z...

xROTx