World Cup 2014 BRASIL

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Well done Brasil. But more importantly, hats off to Croatia. Throughout that match they looked powerful, quick and dangerous. I did not expect them to play as well aas they did, especially against Brasil. Also, no way was that a penalty.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sounds like Croatia won some fans today. I think they're a really good team.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Woo! I'm here to remind everyone that Colombia's world cup history is full of drama! Italy 1990 Germany went undefeated to become champs, only one team tied, Colombia! but then we got big headed and lost stupidly to Cammeroon thanks to Iguita (Goalie) being a egotistical PITA!

Forward to USA 1994, auto goal on a match against the US, the god damn US of A...the horror. The Defense captain that commited the auto goal was then killed a week later in COlombia.

Let's hope Brasil doesn't go that far...

I still have hope for COlombia though, with all my heart!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A lot of weight on Jackson Mantinez's shoulders to carry the load for Falcao. I think that James Rodriguez will help a lot.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Sounds like Croatia won some fans today. I think they're a really good team.

I thought Croatia had some good opportunities but couldn't finish. They are a solid team. I could totally see them making it out of the group.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Croatia played fearlessly, which is the key if you are the weaker team and want to get somewhere. Just look at those precise diagonal passes over 2/3 of the pitch which surprised Brazil more than once... that was really good footie. Brazil looked a bit disorganised to me during the first 30 mins but that probably was the high tension of the opening match.

And yeah, the penalty decision was complete bollocks, fucking divers, eh. The ref did not have a side view of the events in the box so he shouldn't have given the penalty at all, even if it wouldn't have been just a dive.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Croatia played fearlessly, which is the key if you are the weaker team and want to get somewhere. Just look at those precise diagonal passes over 2/3 of the pitch which surprised Brazil more than once... that was really good footie. Brazil looked a bit disorganised to me during the first 30 mins but that probably was the high tension of the opening match.

And yeah, the penalty decision was complete bollocks, fucking divers, eh. The ref did not have a side view of the events in the box so he shouldn't have given the penalty at all, even if it wouldn't have been just a dive.

It's unfortunate that the opening day of the WC we are talking more about the penalty given vs the game. I love football but stuff like that turns me off a little. Do the refs realize how big of a event this is. If you are not 100% sure it's a penalty dont make the call. I hope there wasn't any home cooking involved in the refs decision and that he just made a bad call.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The ref and the Croat goalie have split the moneys !

This. The game was dodgy in the extreme: BS penalty, disallowed goal, 3 questionable goalkeeping "errors"... I have more faith in boxing decisions these days.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The fouls against Marcelo were jokes. Ref shouldn't have called those

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I hope there wasn't any home cooking involved in the refs decision and that he just made a bad call.

I guess he was simply scared to decide against Brazil. There's a lot of public unrest bubbling up over there at the moment, the decision not to give the penalty might have caused a shitstorm, and it wouldn't be the first time that a ref gets severely beaten up or even killed after a questionable decision in an SA country.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Mexico vs Cameroon , I dont think Mexico has a good enough team, they never do, but they always play hard and thats a plus. Havent seen Cameroon play but am sure they knock some Mexs to the ground with their horrible fouls.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The people who wrote that piece don't know shit about football

Two thirds of this years tournament participants play in Europe, no shit Einstein!

That's always been the case, the cream of the crop of players always go to play their trade to the best teams in Europe.

Nice presentation but their research sucks big time.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Thats unbelievable, it's almost like Scolari is rubbing Croatia's nose right in it by praising the ref.

That referee should never officiate in the World Cup again after yesterdays performance.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Looking forward to Mexico - Cameroon but today's top game will be Spain - Holland.

My tips: Mexico - Cameroon 2:3, Spain - Holland 2:1

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Go to hand it to you, that was good satire and I was duped good and proper, doh!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I guess he was simply scared to decide against Brazil. There's a lot of public unrest bubbling up over there at the moment, the decision not to give the penalty might have caused a shitstorm, and it wouldn't be the first time that a ref gets severely beaten up or even killed after a questionable decision in an SA country.

Exactly. If this is the case then the home team is going to have a major edge over his opponent. I was not all that impressed by Brasils play against Croatia. I thought the Neymar goal was scored because of bad goalkeeping. He didn't even get the full shot off and the ball was traveling so slow. A good goalie would have saved it. The goal by Oscar was legit but before Oscar was passed the ball one of the Croatian players got slammed to the ground and there wasnt a penalty called on that play. Im not taking anything away from Brasil because they probably would have still won that game but Fifa Soccer is all about Fair Play. Where is the fairness in that?

Last edited: