Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014 BRASIL

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    you're making some heavy references to 2002, which was a crocked Cup. The circumstances for South Korea getting past Italy were highly dubious. (I would say that the final between Germany and Brazil was a great game, and the overall result was fine).

Uruguay has a great team, and has been damn good for a while now. They have more world cup wins than England, although yeah, that was a helluva long time ago. But I can see Uruguay and Italy going far in this tournament (obviously that means I think England flies home early).
    Uruguay is definitely one of the heavy hitters, especially per capita, thats true. I have Uruguay in my final eight in a pool.

Anyway:

Belgium (1986) Bulgaria (1994) Chile (1962) Croatia (1998) South Korea (2002) Turkey (2002) Soviet Union (1966) United States (1930)

Semi-finals can happen at some point for the US (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Nickrb View Post
    Uruguay is definitely one of the heavy hitters, especially per capita, thats true. I have Uruguay in my final eight in a pool.

Anyway:

Belgium (1986) Bulgaria (1994) Chile (1962) Croatia (1998) South Korea (2002) Turkey (2002) Soviet Union (1966) United States (1930)

Semi-finals can happen at some point for the US (again).
    If you think about Croatia in 1998, that's an amazing feat. They had just gotten their independence, and while Clinton was ruminating over his awesome cash flow from the Yugoslav civil war, the level of talent that once existed to a single country was suddenly split 7 ways.

Belgium in 1986 had Scifo and Ceulemans? Not sure the US has anyone like those guys.

I feel like some teams just have amazing players at a certain point in time, and success is a logical progression. I don't see that with the USNT. The best players for the US are Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey. Bradley was almost at the level but he moved to Toronto to play in the Medicare League Soccer. If Bradley stayed in Italy he would be a better player.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Host for Orochi

If you think about Croatia in 1998, that's an amazing feat. They had just gotten their independence, and while Clinton was ruminating over his awesome cash flow from the Yugoslav civil war, the level of talent that once existed to a single country was suddenly split 7 ways.

Belgium in 1986 had Scifo and Ceulemans? Not sure the US has anyone like those guys.

I feel like some teams just have amazing players at a certain point in time, and success is a logical progression. I don't see that with the USNT. The best players for the US are Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey. Bradley was almost at the level but he moved to Toronto to play in the Medicare League Soccer. If Bradley stayed in Italy he would be a better player.
    I can see it sometime over the next 40-50 years. It can happen. But not this year.

Juzoh's Gym Trainer

You take offense because you are hurt by the truth. That's fine. Blame the system that Americans are perpetuating. The best athletes are raised to play sports that the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about. Imagine now if Americans actually did have a great pool of football talent. So much money to be made, but the folks who own the NBA would never allow that, would they?
    I take offense because it's such a indefensible statement. Must be fucking awful to be a fan one of the top 20 teams in the world at the moment, one of only 7 teams in the world to qualify consecutively since 1990.

NBA and MLS aren't even competing for the same players. Why would they? The youth system/college sports/draft situation is pretty fucked up, yeah. MLS academies are making progress, starting to produce players like Diego Fagundez (who clearly should have been a point guard amirite?) that would have definitely slipped through the cracks in the past.
    Last edited by ebinsugewa; 06-08-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebinsugewa View Post
    I take offense because it's such a indefensible statement. Must be fucking awful to be a fan one of the top 20 teams in the world at the moment, one of only 7 teams in the world to qualify consecutively since 1990.

NBA and MLS aren't even competing for the same players. Why would they? The youth system/college sports/draft situation is pretty fucked up, yeah. MLS academies are making progress, starting to produce players like Diego Fagundez (who clearly should have been a point guard amirite?) that would have definitely slipped through the cracks in the past.
    You're taking offense because you can't defend it even in your own mind. You know the US is far from the level of a top team. There is no shame in being mediocre until people deceive themselves into thinking they are better than mediocre. When a country is honest they are ready to make positive adjustments.

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Mauru's Zoo Manager

When a country is honest they are ready to make positive adjustments.
    It's been 48 years since we (England) won the World Cup. We've been honest with ourselves and know we are shit. At least the US have no expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Markell is my gay friend. Fucking faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by Markell1991 View Post
    It's been 48 years since we (England) won the World Cup. We've been honest with ourselves and know we are shit. At least the US have no expectations.
    English teams pamper English players into mediocrity. Can you imagine how Lukaku would be treated if he was born English?

Actually Toure is a better example. Yaya Toure was easily one of the best midfielders in the Prem last season, and somehow he's not tipped to stay at his current side? Wow.

Juzoh's Gym Trainer

You're taking offense because you can't defend it even in your own mind. You know the US is far from the level of a top team.
    Of course they're not. Are they better than probably 175 other countries in the world? Yes.
    Last edited by ebinsugewa; 06-08-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Mauru's Zoo Manager

English teams pamper English players into mediocrity. Can you imagine how Lukaku would be treated if he was born English?

Actually Toure is a better example. Yaya Toure was easily one of the best midfielders in the Prem last season, and somehow he's not tipped to stay at his current side? Wow.
    He's going to leave us because the club didn't celebrate his birthday well enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Markell1991 View Post
    He's going to leave us because the club didn't celebrate his birthday well enough!
    He's going to leave because he was the best midfielder in the prem and thinks he's 23 and can go anywhere. He's 32 and about to get a rude awakening.

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

Im getting ready to see 10-15 goals put on us. Should be a hoot
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    Im getting ready to see 10-15 goals put on us. Should be a hoot

There ain't a can of fosters big enough to get you past the days that are coming.

Okay... beer is ready, Tak is ready, let the footie commence. Sitting on my couch, watched the opening ceremonies a while ago, now I'm looking forward to the first match Brazil - Croatia.

World Cup 2014, here we go!!
    Check out my new tracks on SoundCloud (free mp3 download):

Dreieinig | Flung | Intox (Pandora Variant) | DeMil 7 (Revolt Edit)

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

Are you seriously not going to join the World Cup competition for pizza?

Are you seriously not going to join the World Cup competition for pizza?
    I would if it would be about Schnitzel and beer, but pizza... well, I don't need a championship for that, the best Pizza gets made in Cicciano near Napoli at Mimi o pazz, Via Caserta 220. Simple as that.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

preditctions?

heres mine

Croatia will open up the scoring, it will be 1-0 at half time.

Brasil will hit 2 back and will take the win 2-1

I tip Brasil to win the whole tournament, with some help from the refs/FIFA along the way

I think Brazil will thrash Croatia. Croatia is a good team but ...

Mauru's Zoo Manager

My internet will fuck about during the game I bet it.

Are you streaming off rojadirecta.me?

Haha, silly me, now I got the Pizza comment, Chas... Uhm, sorry, must have missed the Bracket pred thread... I'm shit at that stuff anyway.

oops, Brazil just scored... ...but an own goal.

lol

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Brasil defense is a mess right now. Still think they will win 2-1 though

Zero's Tailor

Goooooooooooool, Neymar

Mauru's Zoo Manager

Are you streaming off rojadirecta.me?
    http://www.wiziwig.tv/ (are we allowed to post links?) Has loads.

Scolari is a cunt, I'd love to slap him.

Well, no one likes Chelsea.

Thread Information