World Cup 2014 BRASIL

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't know if I would go as far as saying it is fixed but I think they do go easier on certain teams. You can clearly see it from the round of 16 onwards when the shittier teams in good form start to push the big boys. If a minnow makes it into the quarters they are really swimming against the tide or they are the home team.

It's all about the $$$ at the end of the day and they try and skew results and the teams who make it based on that. To be honest, really we shouldn't even be there, we're ranked 62nd in the world for fucks sake :lolz: but because they want to grow the game in this region and it can be extremely profitable for them they give us an easier ride in to qualify.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Oh wow I just remembered all that shit.

한국어 분석 프로그램, 내용분석, 사회 네트워크 분한국어 분석 프로그램, 내용분석, 사회 네
GO HOME, SON OF HITLER.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
but because they want to grow the game in this region and it can be extremely profitable for them they give us an easier ride in to qualify.

Socceroos play well for a sport that isn't competitive/appreciated there.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Socceroos play well for a sport that isn't competitive/appreciated there.

We go ok, we would probably be ranked higher if we actually got to play some of the higher ranked teams more often instead of playing Soloman Islands and Papua New Gunea :lolz: I mean really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa

:lolz: It is better now though that we are grouped in with Asia rather than all that rabble in the pacific.

It is actually very strong at a grass roots level here but the domestic league is still very average, mostly because anyone half decent is snapped up by the European sides.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
GO HOME, SON OF HITLER.

lol. they should stick to playing Starcraft.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
We go ok, we would probably be ranked higher if we actually got to play some of the higher ranked teams more often instead of playing Soloman Islands and Papua New Gunea :lolz: I mean really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa

:lolz: It is better now though that we are grouped in with Asia rather than all that rabble in the pacific.

It is actually very strong at a grass roots level here but the domestic league is still very average, mostly because anyone half decent is snapped up by the European sides.

It's worse now than its ever been. I'm not even sure Australia deserves that Asia spot. When Hiddink was coach we beat Uraguay to clinch that oceania half spot.

Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Bosnic, Bresciano. None of those players were superstars but all of them played in the top leagues in Europe.

Where is that level of talent found in the A-League? Right now its just a stop gap for past-it european players to play a season or two before they finish up at MLS

The A-League is shit and does not develop any player at all.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Got an appetite for Skippy Steak!
Seriously though, i hope we win.
We never beat them before.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
If you guys want to stream games in other languages, Vipbox can help with that. You'll have to deal with a lot of ads but it's super minor. Also, if you can't watch it because of IP issues, etc, use http://unblocksit.es/ to by pass all the crap.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
You can stream in Portuguese and Spanish on espn

With the link I provided, they have English (UK) , Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, German, Italian, French, and Dutch (thus far).

:)

Not gonna lie, ESPN's English commentary is rubbish.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Let's see how long the Aussies can keep up the pressing game. Respectable start, that's for sure.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Because they never played them yet? am guessing.

No, we played them 3 times, two draws and a loss .
Robben was nice but what a great goal from the Aussies, they use a lot of energy though as we Dutch walk around the pitch much to slow .
Hopefully Skippy runs out of steam in the second half .

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Penalty kick for Australia after a hand game.

Aaaand... ...BOOM... 2:1 for Australia!

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Wow, what a lucky play. Got the Netherlands to hand touch the ball and capitalize with the free kick!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Jesus christ, nearly having a heartattack here.
We got kind of lucky.
Well played, Australia.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Australia might go home without any points, but Aussie fans, if they timed it right, could have all gotten a good root before RVP clawed one back.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
A lack of quality and experience was our undoing. Very proud of the boys nonetheless.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Take nothing away from the Australian performance, they gave Holland a lot more trouble than Spain did, on that performance you should be the ones qualifying for the next round with Holland.