World Cup 2014 BRASIL

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Nice move, quality finish. USA need to keep hold of the ball now to protect that point.

Scoring very early on is often a punishment over 90 minutes.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Nice move, quality finish. USA need to keep hold of the ball now to protect that point.

Scoring very early on is often a punishment over 90 minutes.

Words, devoured.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Red was deserved- not for the play but for the pathetic head butt. What the hell was that?

cropped_pepe.gif

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nice! One at the very beginning and one at the very end.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
YO SHITHEAD. I'M ALREADY WATCHING USA vs GHANA. I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR REPLAYS. STFU.

ESPN, but you need a cable service subscription or know someone who does. Univision may have some, they did last WC I think.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Provocation began when Muller faked a supposed foul.

I have high expectations regarding Belgium.
They seem forgotten by everyone, and yet they have a very good lineup.

I'm kinda waiting to see what happens. I miss the discipline of Axel Witsel. What a midfielder!
Too bad he preferred Zenit's "petro-dollars" instead of playing in the greater clubs.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Portugal will be missing Pepe and Coentrao, together a huge hole in the defense. Not sure if Portugal have a chance now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Portugal will be missing Pepe and Coentrao, together a huge hole in the defense. Not sure if Portugal have a chance now.

Pepe I could live without. Coentrao on the other hand is the heart of our defense. Chances are very slim now for sure.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Who is going to be filling in for them? I imagine Bruno Alves can still hold down the line against the USA, but he's just one guy.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Bruno Alves will take Pepe's spot for sure. It's up to Paulo Bento to figure out the rest. I also think they would be more successful if they put Ronaldo @ midfield.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I imagine Neto will replace Pepe, and Almeida will slot in for Coentrao.

But after this, all depth is tapped.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Another issue is Ronaldo's hamstring. He's not going to let it stop him from playing, but after seeing the USA play last night, I worry he will aggravate that injury.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Provocation began when Muller faked a supposed foul.

It wasn't a really tough foul but a foul nonetheless. Pro's should know that reaching for the face of your opponent with your hand stretched out will always be punished. That's just the way it is. Stuff like that may work in a one-goal backyard kiddie match but not in a WC. The headbutt attempt also was childish and uncecessary. Pepe would have gotten away with a yellow, but noooo...

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
WTF Belgium .
Penalty was deserved, they played so many good matches but now they are back to their old slow paced waiting game and against Algeria, everything in one pace trough the middle using no wings .

Bring on Dries Mertens please .

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It wasn't a really tough foul but a foul nonetheless. Pro's should know that reaching for the face of your opponent with your hand stretched out will always be punished. That's just the way it is. Stuff like that may work in a one-goal backyard kiddie match but not in a WC. The headbutt attempt also was childish and uncecessary. Pepe would have gotten away with a yellow, but noooo...

A referee with common sense would have given a yellow to both.

Pepe is obviously a moron, but Muller wasn't a saint either.
In the end, he got pretty much what he wanted.
With 2-0 on the table and a player less in the pitch, that was nothing more than a walk in the park.
Pretty un-necessary since Deutshland would win anyway.

Last edited: