Wed 6/25 11:30 a.m. ESPN Nigeria vs. Argentina F Porto Alegre 43
    11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Iran F Salvador 44
    3:30 p.m. ESPN Ecuador vs. France E Rio de Janeiro 42
    3:30 p.m. ESPN2 Honduras vs. Switzerland E Manaus 41
    Thu 6/26 11:30 a.m. ESPN United States vs. Germany G Recife 45
    11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Portugal vs. Ghana G Brasilia 46
    3:30 p.m. ESPN South Korea vs. Belgium H Sao Paulo 47
    3:30 p.m. ESPN2 Algeria vs. Russia H Curitiba 48
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Windjammers Wonder

I can't wait for the World Cup to start, the premiership season has just only finished and I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.

Dodgeball Yakuza

I'll be returning from China right when it begins. Can't wait!!!! Any predictions on who you all think will go far or win?

Amano's Drinking Buddy

I'll miss the first couple of days but am definitely pumped to watch this. I would love for my countries (Ecuador, USA) to win it but there is serious competition that, most likely, outranks us by a large margin
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

My prediction for Brasil is pretty bad. They have too many holes.

Right back - only old men. Maicon has enjoyed a rebirth at Roma but still old. Dani Alves sucks now. Slow. Lacks interest.

Forward - only Neymar really. Hulk hasn't impressed in a long time. Fred is old but okay. He will be like the Etoo of this team.

Midfield - seems heavily Chelski, but no logical backup for Oscar.

Anyhow, maybe I am wrong. I just feel like Scolari is a moron (proven by his club management, questionable because he actually did win a World Cup...)

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Galford's Armourer

Barzil team with not much flair sounds a bit odd really.the class of 2002 was exceptional with the three R's
    I just wished they were playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by neoman View Post
    Barzil team with not much flair sounds a bit odd really.the class of 2002 was exceptional with the three R's
    I just wished they were playing now.
    Thing about Brasil is how much some of their top players from 2012 have fallen.

Pato
    Damiao
    Ganso

Those three should have been starting for the team, but they suck so bad that Scolari can't call them up. Insane.

Argentina could be the most badass team going into the tournament.

So badass that they won't even need Tevez. Messi, Aguero, possibly Higuain, Di Maria up front? Please. Lavezzi and Palacio too?!

Zabaleta is currently one of the best side backs in the world. Demichelis has been given a new lease on his career as well starting most games at City.

I don't want to put too much pressure on them, but it's a very strong team.

I wasn't really in WC mode before yesterday, now I'm looking forward to the opening match next Thu (Brazil vs Croatia).

About the German team, well, I think we'll get through the playoffs and then fuck up in the last 16 or quarters... but who knows, perhaps our lads discover the tank spirit, stop playing like ballet dancers and get back to da old style which was bloody ugly but veeery effective... hey, a man can dream, can't he.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Ribery is out of the WC

Reus too probably.

In last night's match against Armenia, Reus tore one of the ligaments of his left foot, which means bye-bye WC for him. That's not good, he became a real asset over the past four years.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

thats a shame. Reus is a good player. Ribery - pedophile issues aside - will missed also

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener

Injuries to Ronaldo and Reus, looking better for the US. You never want to wish injury on anyone, especially players as good as they are, but those could be some lucky breaks in the long line of them the US will need to get out of a miserable group. It's also not like Reus is the only option in midfield for Germany either, but still.

Bao's Babysitter

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentStorm View Post
    I can't wait for the World Cup to start, the premiership season has just only finished and I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.
    Heheh, you and me both mate.

I'm plumping for Belgium. Here's why: Kompany, Hazard, Dembele, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Vermaelen, Lukaku, Mignolet. At least on paper those are some very spicy players. I expect good things from them. As a premiership watcher, I can't help but get excited at the prospect of them, especially in their group with Algeria, Russia and Worst Korea.

NEST Puppet

I'm really not interested in this years WC with all the drama, protests, and displacement of many people in Brazil. Brazil's 2002 team was impeccable.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    On this site yes. It goes:

Playing old ass video games > Having sex with hot women > Having a successful career > Hygiene > reading comics > collecting figurines > collecting amiibos.

Quote Originally Posted by ebinsugewa View Post
    Injuries to Ronaldo and Reus, looking better for the US. You never want to wish injury on anyone, especially players as good as they are, but those could be some lucky breaks in the long line of them the US will need to get out of a miserable group. It's also not like Reus is the only option in midfield for Germany either, but still.
    Reus is not the only one but his game fits much better to the other players than that of his colleagues on the same position. The thing is that Reus is an offensive player and supports the striker position, now Lw is playing with the thought of putting in another defensive player for him. That's not what we need in the coming WC, our defense is okay, what we need is more offensive power.

If you have seen the last test match against Armenia where Reus got injured, things got rolling when Podolski and Klose came in. Wham-bam, strike forward, combo, goal. That's footie, not some hush-hush 11 players in the box defense bullshit (Austria-style).

Things don't look too shabby for the US team I'd say. Klinsi is doing a good job so far it seems.
    Check out my new tracks:

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Klinsi will live or die by his decision to drop L. Donovan in this WC

Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    Klinsi will live or die by his decision to drop L. Donovan in this WC
    Considering that the USNT will never win a world cup in our lifetimes, regardless of the manager, that's an interesting cross for a manager to bear. Soccer in the US is like lacrosse - it's elitist. Kids in the ghetto don't play soccer. The youth who are more likely to spend all day playing a sport instead of studying won't be playing soccer. They will play basketball, or go into football. It's not the fault of the sport but just the spirit of the nation.

I feel so bad for people that are fans of the US national team. It's like having a retarded child born into your family - you feel obligated to love it, and you absolutely love it, unconditionally, but it's still retarded as fuck.

Zero's Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Argentina could be the most badass team going into the tournament.

So badass that they won't even need Tevez. Messi, Aguero, possibly Higuain, Di Maria up front? Please. Lavezzi and Palacio too?!

Zabaleta is currently one of the best side backs in the world. Demichelis has been given a new lease on his career as well starting most games at City.

I don't want to put too much pressure on them, but it's a very strong team.
    Argentina does have a bad ass team, Di Maria has been playing really well.

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener

I feel so bad for people that are fans of the US national team. It's like having a retarded child born into your family - you feel obligated to love it, and you absolutely love it, unconditionally, but it's still retarded as fuck.
    The only thing that's retarded as fuck is this post. We can't all be born in Brazil bro.

Considering that the USNT will never win a world cup in our lifetimes, regardless of the manager, that's an interesting cross for a manager to bear. Soccer in the US is like lacrosse - it's elitist. Kids in the ghetto don't play soccer. The youth who are more likely to spend all day playing a sport instead of studying won't be playing soccer. They will play basketball, or go into football. It's not the fault of the sport but just the spirit of the nation.

Amazing how things are different in the US and here in Germany (or the rest of Europe for that matter). Over here, football is THE working man's sport, many kids start playing the game shortly after they have learned to walk. It doesn't need any fancy equipment to get a match going, just a ball (or even a crushed coke can) and some small corner in a backyard, a quiet street, park, etc. A few guys, one goal, fun for hours.

Mind you, they're still trying very hard to turn the blue collar sport into a fucking family thing with huge shows and monster stadiums and all corporate tricks imaginable.

Anyway, I think the US team improved their game during the past four years, they may not be ripe for the cup yet but it will be interesting (at least for me) so see how they perform this time. Ghana is doable, then there's Portugal and us... Klinsi's dick will rise 10ft high if the US wins against us.
    Check out my new tracks:

Quote Originally Posted by ebinsugewa View Post
    The only thing that's retarded as fuck is this post. We can't all be born in Brazil bro.
    You take offense because you are hurt by the truth. That's fine. Blame the system that Americans are perpetuating. The best athletes are raised to play sports that the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about. Imagine now if Americans actually did have a great pool of football talent. So much money to be made, but the folks who own the NBA would never allow that, would they?

Benimaru's Hairdresser

As much as I like Donovan, I don't see him as the X-factor that could propel the US over any of the teams in the group.

So many MLS players on the squad in mid-season form. Hopefully Bradley and Dempsey step up big time.

Maybe they won't win the WC in my lifetime. But a semi-finals appearance or two isn't out of the question. If Turkey, South Korea, Croatia, Uruguay can make it to the semis, why not the US? All that is needed is a favorable draw.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see three losses here tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickrb View Post
    As much as I like Donovan, I don't see him as the X-factor that could propel the US over any of the teams in the group.

So many MLS players on the squad in mid-season form. Hopefully Bradley and Dempsey step up big time.

Maybe they won't win the WC in my lifetime. But a semi-finals appearance or two isn't out of the question. If Turkey, South Korea, Croatia, Uruguay can make it to the semis, why not the US? All that is needed is a favorable draw.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see three losses here tho.
    you're making some heavy references to 2002, which was a crocked Cup. The circumstances for South Korea getting past Italy were highly dubious. (I would say that the final between Germany and Brazil was a great game, and the overall result was fine).

Uruguay has a great team, and has been damn good for a while now. They have more world cup wins than England, although yeah, that was a helluva long time ago. But I can see Uruguay and Italy going far in this tournament (obviously that means I think England flies home early).

Thread Information