Turbo Express/Everdrive question & Modded TE vid

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I just got my Expresses back, popped the Everdrive in both and even with hitting the reset switch, it's not working. Just a bright white screen

They haven't had the region mod, I popped in a JP Hu and I get the same bright screen.

Does anyone know for a fact an Everdrive works with an Express and not just read it should work?

My reset button on the Everdrive lights up when pressed but could it be bad?

Last edited:

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
My ever drive works perfectly fine with my turbo express. Did you flip the switch to TG16 and no PCE?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Also make sure your card is set up the way the ED expects.

"edio.c" and "tos.pce" at root of card.

ROMs in their respective folders (depending on how you like to sort them).

I have a puny 2GB card formatted FAT.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It works on my Duo-R and I had not hit the switch (I'm an idiot) but since I have the cover on, I'm having problems hitting the switch. I used a needle to move it. I wish the cover was recessed a little at that spot.

WP_20140510_17_34_22_Smart.jpg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Stupid question, but are the batteries good? On my Neoflash battery life is reduced, and you get a completely white screen before the system actually dies from lack of power. I thought my express died the first time it happened.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I was using a cord.

It's fine now. Turbokon did a great job with the caps & screen.

I'm sending my Duo-R on Monday :D

Last edited:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Stupid question, but are the batteries good? On my Neoflash battery life is reduced, and you get a completely white screen before the system actually dies from lack of power. I thought my express died the first time it happened.

Good to know, Ill remember that.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Very cool! I've been thinking about doing this to my turbo express as well. it's such a shame that we will never be able to get a CD ROM bridge for the express. Apparently the system lacks a single pin that it requires.

Someone please figure out a way to make CD ROM work on the TE!

Be gentle...:loco::loco::loco:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Not bad. The text is actually readable on that watch. XD

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I've been seeing modded Expresses with larger screens online lately, but I can't find much information about them. Does anyone have one, or know who's doing that?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Oh man, that's AWESOME. I do need my PCE Duo R RGB'd, looks like I know where I'll try to take it.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Playing CD ROM titles on that screen? XD

Well, the idea would be to also hook it up to the TV like in the video posted above.

Of course, the ultimate would be to have a card that emulated the CDRom drive with an added RAM slot enough to match the Arcade Card. Rite?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I had the same issue. when the batteries are going to die, the screen gets really bright. im hoping I can upgrade my express to a 3.5 inch screen

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
On the upgraded LCD screen expresses the screen will shut off when the batteries start to wear, the game will still be running and you'll hear the sound still going.