questions?

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok so how much do the mobo run and how expensive are the games? is this plug right into a neo geo cab or is it jamma?

Sleazy

n00b
I'll help where i can. I recently got into HNG64.

Over here in the UK the mobos seen very common. Theres a lot of NOS boxed united about. I picked one up for £10 last month (about 17 dollars).

Games vary a bit more but i have bought 3 so far for around £15 each.

As I understand it there are 2 revisions of the mobo, the first is MVS wired and the second has a switch to swap between MVS and Jamma. All the ones I've seen round here have been the second one. (you are aware that there are 3 mobos yeah? 1 for fighters, 1 for driving and 1 for shooters).

Hope that helps in some small way. I think its a very under-rated system. I have very much enjoyed Fatal Fury and Samurai Spirits 2 on it. Such a shame there wasnt more games

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Mobos here are a little more expensive, and the majority are Rev 1. I've got an extra one I'm trying to move dip. Let me know if you're interested.

dipindods

does it play fighting games cause thats what i mostly care about

dipindods

ok so rev 1 plays all fighting games and im guessing it will hook right up to my big red and work no prob its just not jamma correct?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No, the mobo is still jamma but the audio is a separate plug into the motherboard, so you will either need the cable or to modify the mobo itself for audio over jamma, which will be mono of course.

dipindods

ok so its jamma and not mvs? so itll work in my blast that has a 5 button harness? sound dont come outa jamma harness though? how will i hook up sound on my blast?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
ok so its jamma and not mvs? so itll work in my blast that has a 5 button harness? sound dont come outa jamma harness though? how will i hook up sound on my blast?

Yes it will work in the Blast, as all fighting games I think are 4 button. For sound you'll need the cable that sometimes comes with the mobo or have one made for you.

dipindods

ok so where does the sound cable hook into the blast? so what version mobo work in a neo cab

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
ok so where does the sound cable hook into the blast? so what version mobo work in a neo cab

You can actually do line level out, which is using RCA cables. I'll pull my cables out and try to show you the connectors.

Here we go
First pic

Here's the power cable and the spot it plugs in
gapymyma.jpg

Here's the other end of the power cable
e8upyjyq.jpg

Here's the audio cable and the spot it plugs into
ha8u5u7a.jpg

The other end has speaker connections, but I'm sure you could make some RCA adapter type cables if you wanted to. If you did this I would recommend keeping the audio knob on the HNG Mobo turned real low and to not trash the audio amp. I'm not guaranteeing that it still won't damage the amp doing it this way, some have said it does. I personally have had no issue with it.
eju9ajeg.jpg

Last edited:

dipindods

ok more noob questions where does the power cable and speaker cables plug into on blast........i no im not that smart haha

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well I can plug the mobo into my blast city, it gets power from the jamma edge. The extra power cable if I'm not mistaken is for 5v and a ground for more power to the board, I remember reading something here about not really needing that extra power.

dipindods

ok so it runs without the power cable but no sound without the other connecters? where do they hook up on cab exactly?

dipindods

does it run sound off jamma harness and the other cable is for just stereo?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
does it run sound off jamma harness and the other cable is for just stereo?

Stock, no the HNG doesn't have audio over Jamma. You have to do a modification to the mobo to have mono audio over Jamma.

Here is the manual
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...eo-Geo-64-System-Board-Revision-1-Manual-info

Here is how to do the modfication.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...evision-1-Audio-from-Jamma-connector-mod-EASY

All thanks go to Turfy for this, without him I couldn't have done it on one of mine.

Last edited:

dipindods

ok sweet that clears it up......stupid design -_-

so how much you looking to get for your mobo panda?

dipindods

ok next question

whats better and why
samurai shodown 64 or warriors way??

I think I posted this in the wrong area earlier. sorry if I did but same ?????????. are the driving motherboards able to play the fighting games?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,