just got a turbo express

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, just drop the unzipped roms onto your SD card. Keep in mind, the Everdrive can only display 255 files per folder, so if you have a complete set of roms, you'll have to break them up into a few folders.

Some other notes:
Your sd card must be formatted in FAT, FAT 16 or FAT 32
The SD card can be a MAX of 32 GB
OS upgrades are here: http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=turbo-ed/os just pop it on the SD card, and run it like it is a PCE rom and it'll upgrade your OS.
Make sure you have the right region selected on your card for the hardware you're playing on (PCE or TG16)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My Neoflash cart definitely does, I would expect the Everdrive to drain them faster as well.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
you could do the same battery mod as the sega nomad.

Sony np550 battery, you might have to dremel the battery compartment some to get it to go in there.

I believe turbokon does the mod also, it's a simple one to do.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I just tried the Everdrive out and I get an error code 62. Any thoughts?

[IQUOTE=blotter12;3721583]Yeah, just drop the unzipped roms onto your SD card. Keep in mind, the Everdrive can only display 255 files per folder, so if you have a complete set of roms, you'll have to break them up into a few folders.

Some other notes:
Your sd card must be formatted in FAT, FAT 16 or FAT 32
The SD card can be a MAX of 32 GB
OS upgrades are here: http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=turbo-ed/os just pop it on the SD card, and run it like it is a PCE rom and it'll upgrade your OS.
Make sure you have the right region selected on your card for the hardware you're playing on (PCE or TG16)[/QUOTE]

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I am already using a 8 MB card, so it should be large enough. The link on the site you gave is not working.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
No region mod. It's a GT. This is how I set the micro SD card up.

1. Format the 8 GB card to fat 32
2. Dropped unzipped roms onto the card.
3. Dropped the version 4 OS onto the card.

That's all I did. Maybe I need to try another card.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer

How many roms? The TED can only support so many in the root directory. Put stuff in folders...ie, by genre or A-D/E-H, etc.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
At this point, contact support at zkrikz@gmail.com

I have read where people have had to send them back to get fixed.

Sorry you're having issues!

MiG

n00b
you could do the same battery mod as the sega nomad.

Sony np550 battery, you might have to dremel the battery compartment some to get it to go in there.

I believe turbokon does the mod also, it's a simple one to do.

I'd be really interested in the battery mod for my GT, even modern rechargeables don't last long.. I have an hour train journey to work each morning and some portable Splatterhouse would be the perfect time killer

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Folks who got the screen updated with the larger one: do the new screens have any chance of stuck pixels, and are modders generally vigilant about that sort of thing? I had a Turbo Express years ago with a few stuck, and it drove me insane.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member

I recently got a Turbo Everdrive and one difference vs the SNES and Mega Drive Everdrives is that this one comes with the firmware already preinstalled so no need to go about updating anything or creating any additional system folders.
The other aspect is SD cards - the Turbo Everdrive worked right from the outset with a cheap 8GB Sandisk card I got, but with the SNES and Mega Drive (this one was the most picky) variants I had to go through 2-3 different cards. At least from my experience, the cheaper / no name cards with a relatively small capacity tend to work better than brand name large capacity ones.