Raiden IV: Overkill Now on PSN

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Oh man I am late on this one. Gonna pick this up soon as I get the chance.

But whats this arcade stick patch business? This game didn't support all arcade sticks or something?

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
is there any difference to the original Taito Type X Game ? Grafix adapted or even better ?

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I know I forgot to download a game the other day I went in a spending spree on PSN...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Raiden IV: Overkill is on sale this week, PSN+ members get it for 9.99

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I picked up Overkill a few weeks ago. Honestly, I don't think the new overkill mode is for me. Adding high-speed medals that home in on your ship, in a game with high speed bullets, is not a good combination. And why even have medals if you just autocollect them anyway? Also, while "overkilling" is cool when not much is going on, it's frustrating when I can't hit enemies for several seconds as I wait for wreckage to clear out.

I also don't like how charge-up shots were nerfed scorewise. Building up a huge missile salvo to quick kill a big enemy and watching it explode into bonus points everywhere is fun, but now it's worth so little why bother.

So in short, lots of new ideas that may be good ideas in other games but don't mesh well with Raiden style, while trivializing the part of Raiden IV I liked best.

That said, this package is still an awesome deal since you get the arcade mode and 360 mode, plus the dlc ships. The non-overkill modes are still great and I like them a lot.

Last edited:

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I picked this up from the PSN sale earlier this week, and I've been enjoying it a decent amount. Like Jeneki said, I don't think the overkill mode adds too much to the game, but it was worth a quick playthrough. Still, I'd say $10 is worth it for a new play mode and another excuse to play through Raiden IV.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can't justify PSN plus yet, I rather pay the 20 bucks. The games that are discounted and all the stuff isn't worth it for me, it's just not there. When it was DMC for free I already had it, if not I probably would have done it.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Posting this because Raiden, and hot blondes with nice cans: