Raiden IV: Overkill Now on PSN

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I really enjoyed Raiden IV on the 360, I feel it was a great port with tight and fulfilling gameplay. That and Raiden Fighters Aces are top notch for me.

I'm interested in this overkill mode though.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Oh, I am definitely getting this. thanks for the heads up.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
supposedly there's a huge compatibility issue with a lot of sticks. the qanba works, but I think most other sticks don't function correctly.

If you're looking to play with a stick I'd hold off till it's patched :O

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
damn I might have to update my PS3 to get this. Anyone try the wireless sticks that come with Tekken 6?

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
the only reports I've seen so far via NeoGAF are that

doesn't work
mad catz vs sh
hori vlx
hrap v3-se

works
eightarc sapphire
qanba sticks
hrap 3 sa

supposedly new hori sticks don't work and the older ones do... but they're gonna be testing it a bunch at the maryland meetup tomorrow-ish.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm totally going to download this when I get home.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
the only reports I've seen so far via NeoGAF are that

doesn't work
mad catz vs sh
hori vlx
hrap v3-se

works
eightarc sapphire
qanba sticks
hrap 3 sa

supposedly new hori sticks don't work and the older ones do... but they're gonna be testing it a bunch at the maryland meetup tomorrow-ish.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the two sticks I own fall into the doesn't work list...

edit: Wait a sec I have the Hori V3-SA not the SE... I'm gonna try it.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
supposedly there's a huge compatibility issue with a lot of sticks. the qanba works, but I think most other sticks don't function correctly.

If you're looking to play with a stick I'd hold off till it's patched :O
I avoided all the compatibility issues when I got me one of them six axis breakout PCBs. I install them in 2 Tekken 5 sticks and voila, perfect 1st party Bluetooth rechargeable PCB for the perfect stick case and I only paid like 15 bucks a stick and just replaced the hardware with JLFs and OBSNs. One day I'll redo the CP art and maybe even go further and have some 6 button panels milled. The button layout of the T5 stick is not that awesome but it's nice for 6 button fighters. I plugged the first two buttons. 8 buttons suck.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Seemingly, this hasn't hit the UK/Euro marketplace yet.

I hope it does. A lot.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
I avoided all the compatibility issues when I got me one of them six axis breakout PCBs. I install them in 2 Tekken 5 sticks and voila, perfect 1st party Bluetooth rechargeable PCB for the perfect stick case and I only paid like 15 bucks a stick and just replaced the hardware with JLFs and OBSNs. One day I'll redo the CP art and maybe even go further and have some 6 button panels milled. The button layout of the T5 stick is not that awesome but it's nice for 6 button fighters. I plugged the first two buttons. 8 buttons suck.

that's quite an awesome project and definitely a way to avoid any compatibility issues. actually didn't know that was even possible.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
that's quite an awesome project and definitely a way to avoid any compatibility issues. actually didn't know that was even possible.

Yep, I did the same with a SFIV SE Stick and never looked back.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Did we work on yours when we did Greg's? So many projects together is hard to keep track of what we've done.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Did we work on yours when we did Greg's? So many projects together is hard to keep track of what we've done.

Naw, did that one on my own. We did Greg's TE. Think I still have another breakout pcb and sixaxis board floating around somewhere lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh yeah, I remember now. I'd take that extra pcb off your hands if you're ever interested.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Are the two new levels and overkill mode worth $20? The Xbox version is great!

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Are the two new levels and overkill mode worth $20? The Xbox version is great!

Same question.

Also, the stick compatibility issues are super sloppy. What the fuck? I'm lucky my Quanba is on the "works" list, but feel bad for those on the "not working" list.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
FYI...

I came back off holiday (abroad) this week, checked PSN, and it seems Raiden IVO is now available to buy on UK PSN too.

It was, however, £15.99 ($27ish, to you guys in the US) which is just a bit more than I'd like to pay for a DLC version of this game.

I'd pay £29.99 for a physical release (hypothetically) and around £9.99 for a digital copy. £16, unfortunately, is just a bit overly 'enthusiastic' for my tastes. Even if it had been £11.99... I'dve probably stretched, as I really want to play it but... not £16; just on principal really.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Glad they patched it. I was playing this morning and that second loop is brutal even on normal.