Metal slug defense released on ios and android

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
It seems like the game is quite popular, maybe this will jump-start the series and provide enough incentive to develop Metal Slug 8.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It seems like the game is quite popular, maybe this will jump-start the series and provide enough incentive to develop Metal Slug 8.

If it does, I bet you a good chunk of money it will only be on iOS and Android.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Should post the latest updates

ver 1.6.0
Limited unit character "Issenman Tarou" is offered during the 2nd part of our 10,000,000 download commemorative campaign!
Features added in this version up:
1) Brazilian Portuguese and Italian languages added ("METAL SLUG DEFENSE" is now available in 6 languages)
2) New areas
3) New units
4) New special missions, etc.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I continue to play and love this game, and just recently explored the Wi-Fi multiplayer. The lag does affect the outcome (can't activate unit's special weapons when I want to - tap the screen but the weapon takes almost 1 second to fire), but it's a ton of fun. Feels like a tug-of-war using Metal Slug characters.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
New update
・Ver1.7.0
New features in this update:
1) Addition of French and Russian languages
*"METAL SLUG DEFENSE" is know compatible with 8 different languages
2) Upper limit withdrawal for the "UNIT" characters
3) Addition of new "UNIT" characters
4) Addition of new SPECIAL MISSIONS, etc.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I like the game so far. Getting the POW can be hard sometimes.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I finished the game on Android, and am now working on my iOS version. I find that the iOS "free medals" feature is much more reliable than the Android equivalent. Free medals = more military units!!

Marcel1980

n00b
I love this game.
I only find the online PvP not very stable on ios. Takes sometimes very long to connect to players.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I love this game.
I only find the online PvP not very stable on ios. Takes sometimes very long to connect to players.

Agreed. The android online mode is much faster and more reliable. I have to shuffle my deck when I go online in iOS as some units are useless due to the lag.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I lost my save when I redid my phone's ROM, which means starting over from scratch. This really highlights one of SNKP's biggest flaws with their games in that they have no cloud save feature, which is especially important when people are paying real money for in-game currency.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's making you paying for the same thing twice...more money for them?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Shady business practices if you ask me.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I find the entire concept of having to buy in game ammo with real money to be shady business practice. It isn't an arcade cab and the cost sure isn't a quarter.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
so yeah apparently snk is collaborating with PONOS corp. (yeah... i dont know them either) to put Battle Cats characters into the MSD.

This new collaboration Campaign will welcome an exclusive world reproducing the universe of “THE BATTLE CATS”! Make
sure to free all the POWs held captive by the mysterious Cat Armies in order to get limited edition Units! Moreover, popular
characters from “THE BATTLE CATS” will be also available to purchase during this unique collaboration campaign! As a mutual
collaboration campaign, Marco, Tarma, and other popular characters from “METAL SLUG DEFENSE” will join the battle in
“THE BATTLE CATS”! Don’t miss out on this amazing collaboration opportunity!

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/pdf/151006_1.pdf

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
we have seven metal slug games already.I really don't care what they do with the franchise from now on.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
so yeah apparently snk is collaborating with PONOS corp. (yeah... i dont know them either) to put Battle Cats characters into the MSD.

MSD has officially jumped the shark with this Battle Cat nonsense. I'll burn through my remaining medals and I'm done. I'm not even motivated to try to get S rank anymore...I'm sure this game will be a pachislot one day, if not already.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
had to look up what "Battle Cats" is... I do not see how both games are to fit together artwise... or in any way that is. Fuck SNKP.

Spoiler:
The%2BBattle%2BCatsda.png

MSD has officially jumped the shark with this Battle Cat nonsense. I'll burn through my remaining medals and I'm done. I'm not even motivated to try to get S rank anymore...I'm sure this game will be a pachislot one day, if not already.

cats are gone, its been replaced with a badass survival mode with different themes