Metal slug defense released on ios and android

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The new mission mode is pretty cool. Not particularly challenging. But free medals!

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Own the game, will play it tonight when school is over. Looks fun, I dl'ed cause it was metal slug and FREE lol

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Is this new version with the fat characters and daily challenges only for Android? I see it as "Metal Slug Defense Next Version" at the game's main select screen with the fat characters advertised on my iPhone but I haven't seen an App Store update nor an in-game update...

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Is this new version with the fat characters and daily challenges only for Android? I see it as "Metal Slug Defense Next Version" at the game's main select screen with the fat characters advertised on my iPhone but I haven't seen an App Store update nor an in-game update...
I have an android and I have the daily challenges, but have yet to see the fat characters.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Android updates come out a week or so sooner than iPhone updates.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Looks like the iOS update dropped yesterday. Already burned through the mission mode and trying to tear through the daily missions to get those extra characters. Definitely a good add on.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Looks like the iOS update dropped yesterday. Already burned through the mission mode and trying to tear through the daily missions to get those extra characters. Definitely a good add on.
The "boss" missions on the daily challenges are fucking rough. I usually need to use a full AP item just to get through them.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
The "boss" missions on the daily challenges are fucking rough. I usually need to use a full AP item just to get through them.

No joke, today I got through by the hair on my ass. I feel like if I hadn't rescued all of the other POWs they would be damn near impossible, let alone get all of the POWs in one day. The flying tara is pretty cool, nice to be able to drop a guaranteed bomb for 90 AP, but the kamikaze planes kinda suck since most of the shots get wasted for 200 AP. I hope the other characters are better.

Fygee

20 Year Member
New update for Android today.

1) Addition of new “New York” and “Brazil” areas
2) Addition of new units from the “Ptolemaic Army”,
the main antagonists in METAL SLUG 5
3) Addition of 5 new Special Missions
4) Korean language is now available
5) New “Continue” feature
6) New “Profile Picture”
7) New “Login Bonus”
8)Bug fixes (fixes in the description of the Samurai Planes, Fat Fio, Fat Eri, etc.)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Been playing this for the last month or so. Holy shit this is good.

Get the zombies and lvl. them up to 20. they turn into bullet sponges and just DECIMATE everything when they attack.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
New update for Android today.

1) Addition of new “New York” and “Brazil” areas
2) Addition of new units from the “Ptolemaic Army”,
the main antagonists in METAL SLUG 5
3) Addition of 5 new Special Missions
4) Korean language is now available
5) New “Continue” feature
6) New “Profile Picture”
7) New “Login Bonus”
8)Bug fixes (fixes in the description of the Samurai Planes, Fat Fio, Fat Eri, etc.)
Be careful when touching the screen after a game over. The continue is 10 medals. I accidentally touched the screen to get the the sortie screen and it was where the continue the button was and it just does it with out confirming are you sure.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Be careful when touching the screen after a game over. The continue is 10 medals. I accidentally touched the screen to get the the sortie screen and it was where the continue the button was and it just does it with out confirming are you sure.

Agreed. I hate this new feature and its mostly pointless. I've also noticed there's ads for other games that pop up randomly now.

You're doing good SNKP, don't fuck it up and get rid of these.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wonder if SNKP has full control over the ads in their app.

I don't think they do.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
never heard of this before (I don't pay much attention to mobile gaming). How long can I play until its stops being fun and free? Hate this in game transactions, I rather pay 2 to 5€ for a game and have access to everything in the game.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Odds are you'll get bored of it long before you hit a paywall. I've been playing it casually for several weeks without feeling the need to spend any money. Just be mindful of what you spend your medals on.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
I gotta say, the latest update has finally allowed for some other teams to emerge in vs. I'm now running a speed build of mostly small units with high power specials and frequent gunner units/samurai tanks to absorb damage and keep up the march. I decimate most teams before they get to the middle of their lineup, let alone their precious jupiter king.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
And it looks like we have another new update. Some more units, locations, missions and now 2 on 2 vs mode! Those fights get pretty intense, but very fun and now another chance to get medals that way with accumulating wins in addition to gathering points. I noticed some of the AP costs got tweaked a bit too, keeping it interesting for sure.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
This game has turned into my go-to mobile game. Love it. Loved it even more when I knew what to do with the medals and money.