Metal slug defense released on ios and android

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Upgrade your units. Try to get Tarma, Eri and Fio to max out. Then you can steamroll past most levels. Use medals to get the shield soldier and max him out too.

I avoid using Tarma, because of his short range, but I can see that a full power shotgun would be devastating. Fio and Eri maxed out are pretty boss.

I play this similar to Plants vs Zombies. Give myself more "sun" first, plant a barrier, then get my heavy troops out fast. For the most part, I steamrolled through stages 1-5, but haven't played in a few days due to just being bogged down with shit to do.

The Emergency level that popped up, that shit all over me, though. I was overrun like a madman on that. It was work just to keep the advancing enemies in one area... Forget about pushing them back.

The game is incredibly fun. Here's hoping SNKP has a few more tricks up their sleeves, because I can fully support these efforts.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tarma's firepower is one of the best in the game. Shotgun clears everything out of the way. I feel like his regular pistol is more powerful as well.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Also, I'm moving MUCH faster since I dumped the sandbags. If I need a barrier in addition to the high powered mob I have going out there, I'll throw up a sarubia, that thing is a beast on HP, moves forward and does some damage to boot!

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Tarma's firepower is one of the best in the game. Shotgun clears everything out of the way. I feel like his regular pistol is more powerful as well.
My upgraded Marco can pretty much take down the early level by him self.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Surprisingly fun!

But one thing that really annoys me is the mix of pixelated classic visuals with a randomly slick and clean vector graphic. Why the fuck is the world map so vector clean? Makes the whole presentation inconsistent and cheapens it a bit.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
A lot of you guys are down on it,
but I think it's pretty good.
Especially given that is free.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Are the regular Metal Slug iOS ports any good? I can't imagine the controls being ok without something like an icade hooked up.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
While wifi is completely broken, here is something I find hilarious: when I see the deck of the other player is stacked with high powered characters, and what's essentially my zerg rush tac prevents his sandbags from stalling me long enough for him to get out some of the big units before I blast his base back to the stone age.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Anyone else notice a weird issue with sortie points not regenerating on their own since the new patch? Dead in the water right now without having to spend medals to heal them, which I'm definitely not doing.

On top of that, they added Ralf, Leona, and Clark to the game along some rebalancing and 100 free medals just for logging on.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Tried. Didn't work. Heard about that trick before to force faster sortie point regen but no dice. Still stuck at 0 out of 390.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had to go into August. Not sure if you would need to. I did a lot of fucking around before and have been stuck in the future.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Jumped up to July and that appears to have worked. I wonder if there's a time stamp that prevents sortie points from regenerating if your phone has a date that's past the highest date it's recognized.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
On top of that, they added Ralf, Leona, and Clark to the game along some rebalancing and 100 free medals just for logging on.

this thread makes me want to get a smartphone to try this out. Hm, maybe I can get my moms old one...

Madbees

New Challenger
I tried this yesterday.

A fun little mobile game.

It's like Plants vs Zombies but only one lane.

Not bad.

At least it's not Pachinko!

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I actually found myself enjoying it. I also really like the character art they have for it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am still enjoying the game a bit. It's okay. Nothing to get to excited about, but I enjoy it. It would be good even without existing Metal Slug IP.

Maybe even better?

been grinding through this game for the past couple weeks and really enjoying it

I'm glad its become something of a hit

Fygee

20 Year Member
New update released today with a lot of good stuff, especially in regards to Wi-Fi VS.

“METAL SLUG DEFENSE”sets a new record with over 7 million downloads worldwide!
plus a new update with additional stages, units, features and much more!
VERSION UP OVERVIEW:
■ Content
1) Addition of new “France” and “Mexico” areas
2) Addition of new “Trevor Spacey”, “Nadia Cassel” unit characters
3) Introduction of a 5-level rank & reward system depending on your stage clear time
4) Addition of Area Clear Time Rankings in which players compete against each other for the best stage clear time
5) Introduction of a 22-level rank system for Wi-Fi VS Battle that counts your total score
6) Addition of Matching Conditions to Wi-Fi VS Battle allowing players to battle against other players of a close rank
7) Addition of a new in-game “Good Job!” Icon, allowing players to send and display it on the opponent’s game screen
8) Unit Action Confirmation: every unit’s attack can be now confirmed from the “Customize” and “Shop” game screens
9) Addition of a new “Login Bonus” (when you login for 10 days)
10) Increase of the charging speed for the “METAL SLUG ATTACK” depending on units’ sortie number
11) Addition of Avatar Icons: you can show your favorite avatar icon to your opponent during Wi-Fi VS Battle

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
If you do any wifi vs battles, you NEED Trevor. He is completely broken and everyone uses him.

Fygee

20 Year Member
If you do any wifi vs battles, you NEED Trevor. He is completely broken and everyone uses him.

Yeah, he's overpowered like mad. Only way to counter him is to throw out your own Trevor to cancel him out or use an armored vehicle. All human characters are stunned and useless every time he shoots them.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
New update released today. The game has reached 8 million downloads, and if you login after updating you'll get another 100 medals. Fat versions of the original characters have been added.

“METAL SLUG DEFENSE”sets a new record again with over 8 million downloads worldwide!
Plus a new update with Special Missions, Daily Events, and much more!

VERSION UP OVERVIEW:
1) Special Missions: clear their specific requirements to be rewarded
2) Daily Event: special events held every day in various stages with different rewards such as limited unit characters
3) New unit characters
4) New profile pictures
5) New “Login Bonus”