Forum community - Welcoming feedback on dispute with dbarrett0981

SSS

neo retired
If you've dropped 5 grand in the last month on MVS games, what did you need a 161in1 for?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Got the cart today and tested it and you get a black screen after the unibios splash which means usually that something is wrong with the program rom. Since there was a Unibios splash it means it detects a cart so some of the program rom is being read. Opened up the cart and sure enough there is exactly what I said is wrong with these carts, shitty Chinese solder. The P1 had a few pins with barely any solder and some connections were broken. Reflowed all program roms and it boots up fine now. I can't exactly say how the solder joints cracked since it could be from a lot of things, shipping or even possibly slight twisting of the board from filing the edges. I don't know for sure since I don't know how well it was connected prior to anything.

But for this cart I blame it on the shitty quality of the cart.

Mike, if you want this cart back shoot me a PM.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'm good man - whatever you can get for it...get for it. You took the chance and the time. It's all yours and thanks for the update on it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm good man - whatever you can get for it...get for it. You took the chance and the time. It's all yours and thanks for the update on it.

That's a classy move right there. People like you and James make NG.com a great place to be (and trade).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

That's a classy move right there. People like you and James make NG.com a great place to be (and trade).

I've only dealt with Xian Xi but based on mjmjr25's track record here (and racketboy) I have to agree. They really set the standard others should strive for in the Marketplace!

This is interesting too!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24065

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

dbarrett0928

Banned
If you've dropped 5 grand in the last month on MVS games, what did you need a 161in1 for?

Because I have 3 young kids that play video games with me and they just got into the neo I would rather them play the games off the 161 as opposed to opening a shockbox and taking them in and out and having to constantly swap carts. Makes life easier and preserves my collection

dbarrett0928

Banned
update

I sold darrin at warp zone gaming my candy cab. I covered tbe overage in shipping and he got a smoking deal. He had an extra 161 in 1 cart and I explained this situation to him and he sent it to me for free. The cart works perfect. At the end of the day your beloved friend and we'll respected guy ripped me off and came up on 60 bucks selling me a crap cart that didn't work. After all this was confirmed I didn't so much as to even get an apology.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
dbarrett, hold on a second. I asked how you wanted to work the return when you finally agreed to return the item first. YOU set the terms:

Here is my PM to you and YOUR suggestion:
dbarrett0928 said:
mjmjr25 said:
Greetings,

Obviously things went south, not my intent, but no option after inbox full and the paypal/feedback comment.

How would you like to resolve this as it stands?

Thank you,
-Mike

I will send the cart back on its original casing today. I paid 120 for it. I can keep the shock and insert if your cool with it and if the cart doesn't work in your system refund me half back if it does work then refund me back 100. If you want the shock and insert back then I can send that too I just have use for the shock box and after shipping they cost 15 bucks anyways

You said if it DOESN'T work to refund you half back. If it does work, refund back the entire purchase price. It didn't work, as confirmed by James. I followed your request to a tee and refunded half...again, at your request. I don't understand why you're upset now? Read your own PM and resolution request.

dbarrett0928

Banned
dbarrett, hold on a second. I asked how you wanted to work the return when you finally agreed to return the item first. YOU set the terms:

Here is my PM to you and YOUR suggestion:

You said if it DOESN'T work to refund you half back. If it does work, refund back the entire purchase price. It didn't work, as confirmed by James. I followed your request to a tee and refunded half...again, at your request. I don't understand why you're upset now? Read your own PM and resolution request.

Money isn't the issue here its a matter of integrity and how you conducted yourself. I'm the buyer you were the seller and I am not happy with the transaction nor am I happy with the way you handled it hence this whole thread. Peace

dbarrett0928

Banned
Ya when I get to my pc in the morning your getting negative feedback. You can complain to the moderators if you want but at the end of tbe day I hope they enforce it and it passes or it would defeat the very purpose of a feedback thread all together. Conduct yourself like an arse and deal with the consequences like a man.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
What are you on about now? Are you drinking tonight? Seriously guy. Read your own PM. Even the day before you shipped it, for some reason, it was still in a different case. You somehow slightly tore the label when you opened it. You said it was too tight, it was too loose...it's for your kids...yet your 4-slot cab is in your office, you didn't know what a PCB is, this was the only cart you have, except it isn't, you conveniently had one lying around after saying it was the only one, and that one works...and except for having just this one, and well then one other one, you also have $5,000 worth. You need money in a hurry because you underestimated shipping and you were worried, then when offered a solution by me to use U-ship, you admit, "eh, i'll just write it off as a work expense" and now today you're complaining about the shipping charge that in this thread you already said wasn't an issue. The more you like the harder it becomes to keep it straight, eh?

Listen, 2 members on this forum played on that very cart not including myself. It worked when I shipped it. I told you if you were comfortable, then we could try some things to get it working on your Omega, but if not, then we can do a return which I didn't want to do (because I knew it worked), but I did offer. You were comfortable enough to not only try my suggestions, but went ahead and tried a few of your own. I don't know why i'm responding to you.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Ya when I get to my pc in the morning your getting negative feedback. You can complain to the moderators if you want but at the end of tbe day I hope they enforce it and it passes or it would defeat the very purpose of a feedback thread all together. Conduct yourself like an arse and deal with the consequences like a man.

Go. Fuck. Yourself.

P.S. if you don't know how to reflow a couple of solder joints, you're in the wrong hobby.

dbarrett0928

Banned
What are you on about now? Are you drinking tonight? Seriously guy. Read your own PM. Even the day before you shipped it, for some reason, it was still in a different case. You somehow slightly tore the label when you opened it. You said it was too tight, it was too loose...it's for your kids...yet your 4-slot cab is in your office, you didn't know what a PCB is, this was the only cart you have, except it isn't, you conveniently had one lying around after saying it was the only one, and that one works...and except for having just this one, and well then one other one, you also have $5,000 worth. You need money in a hurry because you underestimated shipping and you were worried, then when offered a solution by me to use U-ship, you admit, "eh, i'll just write it off as a work expense" and now today you're complaining about the shipping charge that in this thread you already said wasn't an issue. The more you like the harder it becomes to keep it straight, eh?

Listen, 2 members on this forum played on that very cart not including myself. It worked when I shipped it. I told you if you were comfortable, then we could try some things to get it working on your Omega, but if not, then we can do a return which I didn't want to do (because I knew it worked), but I did offer. You were comfortable enough to not only try my suggestions, but went ahead and tried a few of your own. I don't know why i'm responding to you.

Cab was sold after that did you forget? I have an omega at home. Trying to treat the issue as if I have somehow done something wrong isn't going to mask the fact that you conducted yourself in a very unprofessional manner. There are a few other things I have recently found out with regard to you and this transaction and a few others that I won't post on here. I have the decency to keep things like that off the public thread where people take it to a whole new level of ridicule and insult. Whoever does business with you next is welcome to contact me prior to the buy and I would be happy to clue them in.

Last edited:

dbarrett0928

Banned
Go. Fuck. Yourself.

P.S. if you don't know how to reflow a couple of solder joints, you're in the wrong hobby.

Fault lies on the individual selling defective carts. I didn't pay for a cart with the pre assumption I would have to solder something or I would not have bought it. I bought it because I was told it was a working cart. Deception is what it is. I don't care if you and two oi the members played the cart. They can't prove you sold the one they played. When you get a bunch of drunk idiots at a neo get together your bound to drop the cart or damage it in some way...find out it doesn't work after they leave and then put it up.for sale

skate323k137

10 Year Member
He sent you a working cart. If he can't prove that was the one sent, then by the same logic, you can't prove it's the one you sent back. For all we know you swapped out the boards for a broken one you already had.

Now, I'm not accusing you of swapping the cart, but according to the (VERY WELL ESTABLISHED) member who fixed it, it was most likely damaged either in shipping, or by you, and consequently was handled according to an agreement you proposed.

Get the fuck outta here with this shit.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
This shit stain should be banned from the marketplace forums. This is fucking ridiculous.

The fact that he has to list in his sig everyone with whom he has ever dealt just goes to show that he's only here for the scoops, anyway. I'll put up $10 to have him permanently locked in The Hyphen. Anyone want to put up matching funds?

skate323k137

10 Year Member
This shit stain should be banned from the marketplace forums. This is fucking ridiculous.

The fact that he has to list in his sig everyone with whom he has ever dealt just goes to show that he's only here for the scoops, anyway. I'll put up $10 to have him permanently locked in The Hyphen. Anyone want to put up matching funds?

I got at least $10 on it.

dbarrett0928

Banned
Skate...I'll sell you something under a different user name that doesn't work and then when you complain to me I'll tell you to refer to this thread.

dbarrett0928

Banned
He sent you a working cart. If he can't prove that was the one sent, then by the same logic, you can't prove it's the one you sent back. For all we know you swapped out the boards for a broken one you already had.

Now, I'm not accusing you of swapping the cart, but according to the (VERY WELL ESTABLISHED) member who fixed it, it was most likely damaged either in shipping, or by you, and consequently was handled according to an agreement you proposed.

Get the fuck outta here with this shit.

Skate...it's past your bed time. Assuming you have a job and you are a responsible family man you should be in bed. As I mentioned there are two types of members on here the legit ones and then those that conduct themselves like you do...chiming in on everything with your derogatory comments just in hopes to dump a little gasoline on the fire and keep the drama going so that your feeble mind has entertainment for the night. Go find a wife or a job or better yet both.

dbarrett0928

Banned
Quoting for posterity.

Be sure and quote the next paragraph too. As I mentioned there are some solid members on here...The ones who you typically spam up threads with vulgar language and ridiculous one or two liners like yourself and skate fall under the opposite category. It's like there should be two segregated areas for this site...Highs chook members and then civilized adults