Forum community - Welcoming feedback on dispute with dbarrett0981

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
see the problem is Mike has a spotless record and you have a trail of sketchy deals, why did you demand on immediate refund before shipping the item back? who does that?

This cart is by legal terms a bootleg and it's not working and you sold it for more than you paid for it.
Horseshit, Mike bought it from the same place I did, Jammaboards and it was that price before shipping, I think even more I think at the time he bought it so I think he is selling it at a loss even.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
FWIW, I have dealt with dbarrett0928 twice with no issues whatsoever. mjmjr25 is a good guy in my book too.

This sounds like an unfortunate situation and I hope it can be resolved amicably. In general, if there's a problem with a game or whatever, you should return it to the seller first, in the condition that it was sent, then get a refund. If no refund is issued, then a Paypal claim may be appropriate, but only as a last resort.

Troubleshooting problems remotely, however well-intentioned, is often not worth the risk, especially if it involves modifying the item. Unless it is something very simple, just ask the buyer to return the item for a refund and move on.

dbarrett0928

Banned
FWIW, I have dealt with dbarrett0928 twice with no issues whatsoever. mjmjr25 is a good guy in my book too.

This sounds like an unfortunate situation and I hope it can be resolved amicably. In general, if there's a problem with a game or whatever, you should return it to the seller first, in the condition that it was sent, then get a refund. If no refund is issued, then a Paypal claim may be appropriate, but only as a last resort.

Troubleshooting problems remotely, however well-intentioned, is often not worth the risk, especially if it involves modifying the item. Unless it is something very simple, just ask the buyer to return the item for a refund and move on.

I would like to believe mike is a good guy however he is the one who told me to shave the sides of the pcb and try different methods to try and get the cart to work. My fear is after that it still doesn't work and now I ship it back and he doesn't refund me because it's been tampered with. I agree it's a sticky situation. I'll agree to this...why doesn't he refund me half now plus shipping and I'll send the cart back and if I don't then you guys can ban me or whatever you do. I sold him some wii games a few weeks back and cut him a great deal and he was happy with it. I'm not out to screw the guy over I'm just pissed he tales it to the drama filled forums and we have a bunch of morons chiming in with their immature crap

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Mike would not do that, he is an honest guy. Guys a devout Christian. Demanding immediate refund before shipping an item back that is claimed to be defective is just poor form and makes you look like a jackoff.

Not to mention there is far more reason for MJ to not trust you than for you to not trust him based on your history.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Having a scripture in someone's sig takes guts and I've always respected Mike for it. His trustworthiness is also stellar as he's not only sold me some good stuff (one fo the first marketplace deals I ever made here.. for an F3 motherboard) but also organized group buys for KRIKZZ Flash cards (of which, I also partook).

Regardless, there's a lot of beam and mote stuff happening here from people completely uninvolved. I know that I've never had to be worried with Mike being honest in his dealings with his fellow man. I hope this gets worked out soon.

dbarrett0928

Banned
Well now that everyone knows about it I'll ship back first and I want a refund or a new cart. I'll let him decide I cam either ship back and I'll ship first and he can refund me in full when he gets the cart or he can refund me half up front and trust that I'll send it back and when he gets it he can call it a day but I will keep the shock box and insert. It's up to him at this point. The issue is now out here for everyone to see and it seems we both want to get it resolved. The reason I have issues with the scripture is I too am christian....I'm actually lds to be exact but anyone can hide behind a religion and not conduct themselves accordingly. I've been mormon for 3 years now. I have nothing to hide and no reason to screw anyone over

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
and we have a bunch of morons chiming in with their immature crap

Give it a rest. Read through the comments in here, most are actually pretty damn thoughtful and supportive. You told your side, and despite your PAST ISSUES WITH OTHERS IN THE MARKETPLACE, no one is really putting you on blast... yet.

Just send it back, in whatever condition it's in and he'll refund it. He said this from the get go, and I'm sure he'll honor it. No one in their right mind refunds before something is returned. Get it Mr. I just blew $5K on mvs carts on ebay? Yay.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
barrett, I told you there was a thread on this forum about the 161-1's and issues. I told you in my pm i've never had to do any modifications; it worked without issue on my AI CMVS.

Regarding modifying. As I had not done it, I thought the issue was the pcb's were too wide for the pin connector and might need filing down. I advised you to talk to ninjainspandex for 2 reasons. First, he had been at my place recently and played this very cart with me. Second, after playing mine, he bought one and he had to do modifications - I told you to talk to him. Additionally, I said I was comfortable with any modifications if YOU were comfortable doing them. I never told you to switch shells and send it back to me.

Regarding price. I had no interest in the cart any longer, I never play the thing and frankly to me, a 161-1 is to try games out before buying them. I now own every game on the cart so decided to move it. I put it on ebay at $129 obo with the shock and insert. I fully expected to get an offer of about $100-110 which I would have accepted. Anyone who has bought from Southtown knows a shock with art is about $12 after tax, and a couple bucks per to ship. So maybe $14-15 total. The cart with shipping was $90-ish. So my investment is $104-105. However, you hit buy now at full price and didn't bother to make an offer.

Regarding making money: I saw it had sold on ebay and recognized your name as a forum member. I messaged you before payment and asked if you were in fact the same guy as on neo. Once confirmed, I told you we could do it straight paypal and the fee I save, i'd pass on to you as a solid. So instead of you paying $130 plus shipping, you paid $120/shipped. Shipping was priority med. flat rate ($11.70), pp fee was ($3.78). I cleared $104 and my investment originally was $105.

Let's be clear - your 2nd message to me was you saying you had found the cart for $65 online. I had my suspicions you felt you had overpaid in your overzealous buying (you've just stated you spend 5K on ebay MVS carts the past couple weeks). When I informed you that $65 wasn't accurate once you consider shipping it's closer to $85-90 you started changing tune again. I gave you 4 options which i'll post from my pm. I was crystal clear that I believed the cart was working, and provided these 4 options:

mjmjr25 said:
Well, the ones for $65 are actually about $75 and that's after a group discount where the shipping comes way down. Just buying one on it's own they are about $85-95 depending on which sellers currently have them on ali. I can look into that as well, but for now I want to figure out the cart. I have no doubt the cart is fine - it never gave me a hint of trouble loading and it loaded up instantly before listing, so I know it's fine. I also know that some motherboards have an off-center connection with multi-carts due to having pcb contact edges that are about 1/16" longer than standard MVS edges, thus the pin connector and edge connecto do not naturally align on all cart slots. For whatever reason, mine is fine :/ Sending it back to me really does no good other than I can take a dated picture w/it working and just comment on the unreliability of multi-carts in all systems.

If you want to keep the shock and insert and send back the cart, then I can have ali direct ship you a brand new cart, we could do that, but again, I just don't think any multi-cart is going to work on your motherboards w/o PCB shaving. What I don't want to do is pay to ship it back to me - have it fire right up and then send it back to you, in that scenario we are just enriching the post office.

So, I guess what i'd propose is:
1. you can shave the cart per the guide. If it still doesn't work, i'll take the cart back and refund the cart price (assuming you want to keep the shock).
2. you can send it back (i'll pay shipping) and I can have a new one sent directly to you.
3. you can send it back for a full (or partial if you keep the shock) refund.
4. I can list it as-is and describe the issue here on neo. Whatever it sells for minus what you paid i'd refund back to you (again, this would be a way to avoid multiple shipping the same cart back and forth).

Let me know which method you prefer.

Thanks,
-Mike

Listen, I have no interest in drama. Clearly I was wrong about the issue, but I was also clear I hadn't done any system or cart modifications which is why I put you in direct contact with ninjainspandex - as he had and would be able to explain it to you.

Given those 4 options, you chose the first option, and went quite a ways above and beyond what I had said would be acceptable. No where did I tell you to put it in a new (beat up / used) case with new label. I also told you to only attempt any fixes if you were comfortable doing what ninja said needed to be done. In talking to ninja, you at one point said, "yeah, i get it, i'm not a moron."

I was very straight with you in my last pm before your inbox filled. I felt that there were a ton of flags and I simply wasn't comfortable refunding before you returned the item. You mentioned yesterday that you misquoted your shipping quote on your cab (you were $279 or so off) and didn't know how to pay for it. I mentioned you should reach out to your buyer and see if he can wait a few more days, maybe Uship could get you a lower quote. You said, "Naw, I have a shipping company at my work, I can probably find a way to write it off as a business expense." (another flag for me).

Seeing your other incidents on this site - i'm glad I did bring this forward.

EDIT: As I was typing this 4 more posts have come in. I'm off to bed and we can continue via pm in the morning.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
a'ight!

Who wants to come over and shave my sides?

dbarrett0928

Banned
barrett, I told you there was a thread on this forum about the 161-1's and issues. I told you in my pm i've never had to do any modifications; it worked without issue on my AI CMVS.

Regarding modifying. As I had not done it, I thought the issue was the pcb's were too wide for the pin connector and might need filing down. I advised you to talk to ninjainspandex for 2 reasons. First, he had been at my place recently and played this very cart with me. Second, after playing mine, he bought one and he had to do modifications - I told you to talk to him. Additionally, I said I was comfortable with any modifications if YOU were comfortable doing them. I never told you to switch shells and send it back to me.

Regarding price. I had no interest in the cart any longer, I never play the thing and frankly to me, a 161-1 is to try games out before buying them. I now own every game on the cart so decided to move it. I put it on ebay at $129 obo with the shock and insert. I fully expected to get an offer of about $100-110 which I would have accepted. Anyone who has bought from Southtown knows a shock with art is about $12 after tax, and a couple bucks per to ship. So maybe $14-15 total. The cart with shipping was $90-ish. So my investment is $104-105. However, you hit buy now at full price and didn't bother to make an offer.

Regarding making money: I saw it had sold on ebay and recognized your name as a forum member. I messaged you before payment and asked if you were in fact the same guy as on neo. Once confirmed, I told you we could do it straight paypal and the fee I save, i'd pass on to you as a solid. So instead of you paying $130 plus shipping, you paid $120/shipped. Shipping was priority med. flat rate ($11.70), pp fee was ($3.78). I cleared $104 and my investment originally was $105.

Let's be clear - your 2nd message to me was you saying you had found the cart for $65 online. I had my suspicions you felt you had overpaid in your overzealous buying (you've just stated you spend 5K on ebay MVS carts the past couple weeks). When I informed you that $65 wasn't accurate once you consider shipping it's closer to $85-90 you started changing tune again. I gave you 4 options which i'll post from my pm. I was crystal clear that I believed the cart was working, and provided these 4 options:

Listen, I have no interest in drama. Clearly I was wrong about the issue, but I was also clear I hadn't done any system or cart modifications which is why I put you in direct contact with ninjainspandex - as he had and would be able to explain it to you.

Given those 4 options, you chose the first option, and went quite a ways above and beyond what I had said would be acceptable. No where did I tell you to put it in a new (beat up / used) case with new label. I also told you to only attempt any fixes if you were comfortable doing what ninja said needed to be done. In talking to ninja, you at one point said, "yeah, i get it, i'm not a moron."

I was very straight with you in my last pm before your inbox filled. I felt that there were a ton of flags and I simply wasn't comfortable refunding before you returned the item. You mentioned yesterday that you misquoted your shipping quote on your cab (you were $279 or so off) and didn't know how to pay for it. I mentioned you should reach out to your buyer and see if he can wait a few more days, maybe Uship could get you a lower quote. You said, "Naw, I have a shipping company at my work, I can probably find a way to write it off as a business expense." (another flag for me).

Seeing your other incidents on this site - i'm glad I did bring this forward.

EDIT: As I was typing this 4 more posts have come in. I'm off to bed and we can continue via pm in the morning.

Mike...I had to open the cart to shave the sides. I was also I formed the issue could be the cart casing itself that's why I swapped it. The new cart case was like new not beat up. You have not even seen it so that was an unfair assumotion. The yellow cart casing it came with barely fits in the omega. Secondly I advised you where I found those carts for 65 online to save you money so you could buy me a new replacement one. Did you not understand that? It wasn't for me it's your responsibility to make the deal right. As for the shipping charge on my cab...what I explained is I quoted my buyer 300 shipping without being able to get an accurate quote to get tbe deal done. I told him if it was more I would cover it and if less I would refund him difference. It ended up being 579 so if that's any consolation of how much of a stand up person I am then so be it...that cab is on its way as we speak. I didn't say I was having financial difficulty or had to find some at to pay it I said I needed to figure out how to use my business account at pakmail and find a way to write it off. I bought this cab for my office with business funds. I own a bill collection agency we generate over a million in gross a year. It's solely my company money was never ever the issue. It was the principal of the matter I wanted a working cart not some crap defective one. You specifically told me to try shaving the sides because it's pointless if you have me send it back and it works in your system because uou would send it back again. I only agreed to try because you said uou would still refund me if it didn't work. Then after all was said and done you started changing your tune. Obviously somewhere along this long line of junk one of us misunderstood. At the end of the day I have a cart that doesn't work and you have my 120 bucks. I am the one who agreed to take half back and call it a day I also gave you options and I was flexible. I'll send your cart back in its casing as you originally sent it. You can either refund me the money less the shock or buy me a new cart from somewhere and or ovine proof it's new. I need your address to send it.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
IF UOU'VE GOT THE NOTION....
I SECOND THAT ASSUMOTION.

:D

Srsly Guys it'll be fine. It's just a shitty bootleg.

Edit: I think the moral here is don't buy bootz. That and don't orchestrate long distance repair projects. Always better to eat a few bucks. I know my time is better spent doing anything other than writing walls of text back and forth and getting sad about shitty knockoffs.

Take it from me, I am Christian, own two debt collection services, and a small woodworking studio. I'm also very Rich.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Lesson to be learned from this thread: Do not deal with dbarrett0928. At all.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Isn't this the same dude who had buyers remorse on the candy cab like 2 days after he bought it? Might just be that again...

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
most likely his wife/gf freaked out on him over spending too much money on "useless video gamez"

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
@ECZ - as anyone who has seen my posts in this site for 3.5 years, you'll know I don't prefer walls of text or drama either. Unfortunately the last message from dbarrett was a curt threat of negative feedback and a suggestion that I knowingly sold a defective cart. With a timeline stated (refund "today") and his inbox full, I felt compelled to get a dialogue going the only other way I knew how.

dbarrett - I will pm you after this post. But again, i'd like to clarify as i'd like to clear up any inconsistencies. It was not an assumption that the replacement cart was beat up. Those were the words I heard from you, verbatim. On the phone I asked if you had any other carts to try. You said you did have one other cart - it was a dirty, beat-up Fatal Fury cart and it fired right up. That was the only other cart you had on Tuesday by your own admission. When I listed it as wonky yesterday, less than 24-hours later you caught me off guard and said, "remember it is in a clear case now...". Now last night you say you've boughten 5K worth of MVS carts. I'm not saying you are lying - i'm saying what I said in my pm. There are inconsistencies and red flags and I prefer you return the cart before I issue a refund. I don't think that is unreasonable by any stretch.

I won't get on a horse and talk about all the deals i've done. I'll simply say when accused of knowingly selling a defective cart - that was the point I think any respect that had been there, was lost. At no time have you been willing to accept the issue might be with your hardware - the only solution is I sold you a wonky bootleg (irony aside). This despite literally dozens of users on this site stating issues with this cart and the Omega and 4-slot boards. Which happen to be the 2 pieces of hardware you own. This is from multiple forum member posts PRIOR to this transaction. Also from James stating the issue with the Omega and this cart. That impartial information has been disregarded out of hand and the suggestion remains it is a defective cart and I knowingly sold it. Of the thousands of sales and trades i've done on the forums and ebay in the past 4 years, only once did an item have an issue. I was skeptical at first as I hadn't seen what he was seeing, the buyer (on this forum) was polite about it, returned it, we discovered the issue and he was refunded. So I would hope you can acknowledge there were some inconsistencies in our conversations and I would hope that you would understand why I take offense to a suggestion of selling a defective cart. I maintain the issue is your hardware. I also maintain it seems highly unlikely someone who has been on this forum 9 years does not know what a PCB is.

As for my signature and my faith; I don't know where this plays in? Being a man of faith does not mean I would allow someone to threaten (with feedback) or sit idly as i'm accused of knowingly doing something uncouth. I have never on this board preached, prosthelytized, or anything of that nature. I am the worst sinner I know and have full awareness the log in my eye will never be fully removed. I do not judge men, I will comment (if asked) on my beliefs as any witness should.

I'll pm you and hope we are able to resolve this sensibly now.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I sincerely hope this works out man, tough that things need to be brought to the community to be fixed.

Even if things work, dbarrett, I'd stick with eBay. It seems your reputation here isn't gonna get you far anymore, and that's putting it nicely.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Mike, you are far too kind and reserved in your words.

I, however, am not.

@ dbarrett90210 - You are a piece of shit. You have preyed on people on this forum for over a decade. You have been called out about your shit before. You have been labeled a thief and scammer. To the best of anyone's knowledge, you still owe chrishicks $45 from that AES deal 9 years ago. How about someone send you a collection letter. Your scum company likes to harass people on debts, maybe someone should do the same to you.

You're a turd that needs flushed.

You're a shit stain on this forum.

I would rather 69 a grizzly bear than have to hear one more story about your bullshit shenanigans.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Are there enough subtle differences between the mormon impression of god and the 'normal' christian version of god to make a heads up Deity Mud Wrestlefest interesting enough to solve this dispute?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
haha he works for a debt collection agency?? well that explains the cunty attitude and immediately jumping to threats to get his way.