Neo Geo Controller , substitute Microswitches ?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi members , im looking to buy some Microswitches for my Neo Geo Controller

1363718469858.jpg

i bought a AES recently and the Controller isnt in A condition , its not so clicky.

i tried disassembling the Microswitches and cleaning it with Isopropyl Alcohol and Compressed Air but its still not how it should be.

i do have another Controller and its in A condition so i know what it should sound and feel like.

are there any replacement parts i can get from Mouser/element14/RS/Farnell/DigiKey ?

chat soon

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
If you find a source for those switches, let me know. I dismantled my controller a while back because it didn't fully function, found up and left were both dead. Everything else works fine. The microswitches are dead.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I would think mouser.com would have a suitable switch. May not be a drop in variant. You could just do like I do and scoop up and NGCD controller you find and Frankenstein them together and sac the crap componutes.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi XX,

That only works on the "square gate" CD pad, it won't work for the "cornerless" CD pad as it relies on the wide actuator.

Thanks for the clarification, you're right as usual :)

Un saludo

s8n187

Quiz Detective
If you find a source for those switches, let me know. I dismantled my controller a while back because it didn't fully function, found up and left were both dead. Everything else works fine. The microswitches are dead.

roger that will do