why does your job suck?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Best proverb ever.

And you'll never find it in a fortune cookie. :keke:

My fortune cookie over the weekend said, "If a turtle doesn't have his shell, is he naked or homeless?"

I have no idea how that's supposed to guide my life.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The workplace is a great place to hook up. I've slept with many women I've worked with. The problem is having a relationship with them. That's the big no-no. Just fucking? That's the ticket. Most of them are in relationships and/or married anyway. Even if you do happen to start fucking a crazy girl, you can just deny it if the topic comes up at the workplace. That usually pisses them off even more, and prompts unannounced visits to your place that turns into even more fucking. Emotionally unstable sex is the best sex. Just learn to play the game.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Yah. Can't argue with you there.
The crazy girls I've messed with were always the best.
Though those cutesy innocent ones have their perks, yo.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
There is a pet store near me where every single female working there I have slept with over the course of high school. Its small, only about 6 people run it and 4 are female. They all just happened to work there at the same time, and its insanely awkward when I roll up with my obnoxiously happy bulldog puppy and my obnoxiously jealous girlfriend.

Was it worth it? Yes. Yes it was.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There is a pet store near me where every single female working there I have slept with over the course of high school. Its small, only about 6 people run it and 4 are female. They all just happened to work there at the same time, and its insanely awkward when I roll up with my obnoxiously happy bulldog puppy and my obnoxiously jealous girlfriend.

Was it worth it? Yes. Yes it was.

I love the fact that female isn't a species specific classification.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Short version: Favoritism in spades.

Long version: one co-worker gets written up and has to prove she's been sick/tending to her kids with a multitude of notes while another co-worker barely ever shows up for similar reasons and never gets penalized or fired. And our manager likes to take time off and not communicate it to us.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Two reasons I hate my job; difficult clients, and working 3-11 pm every day. Working that shift makes the rest of my time useless; I pretty much fall asleep when I get home, and I don't feel like doing anything when I wake up in the morning because I have to go to work early in the afternoon.

I have been considering a change in careers all together, but I don't want to go back to school (money and time). I wonder if there are positions that will train you as you work in construction.

Anyways, I'm glad I'm not the only one that does not like their job.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
For the first time in my life I am working in a position that I love. I lucked out and the one guy that had this shift wanted to start working graveyard so I put in for his position and got it. I was working 1230-9 which is a shit shift. Someone mentioned earlier about 3-11 being difficult and it is. All those mid shifts suck. I would get home at like 930 and wouldn't go to bed till like 1 or 2 and didn't get up till like 9 or 10 in the morning and by then its time to get ready to go back to work. Did that shift for 4 years. And I'm fortunate enough to still be doing a job that I went to school for.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
yeah, scheduling can flush an otherwise decent job down the crapper.
my chedule as is is Thursday Friday 630am-3pm, and saturday, sunday, monday 2pm-midnight.

so i hear ya on the 3-11, but i guess i'm just a bit younger than some of you, and i've still gone out with friends and such after work

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Know what sucks most?

Ass-kissing and playing golf on the weekends gets you further in an office job than hard work does.

Thank God I only spend half my time in the office and the other in the field. I'm not cut out for the office life.

Last edited: