[Rumor] : Moyes 'likely' to be sacked today from United. Klopp poised to take over

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...tball-news/live-david-moyes-to-sacked-7013711

BlwJ0wTIEAAJbL7.jpg

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
just one of many who need to be pink slipped. Top of the list should be the current athletic director in charge of the transfers.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
just one of many who need to be pink slipped. Top of the list should be the current athletic director in charge of the transfers.

...Don't forget the Tottenham transfer list as well.. 100 million this year... and they're still shite...

xROTx

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
a great point Rot.

all that Bale money pissed away

edit:

latest Moyes update

"Our business desk tells us that United's share price fell on the New York Stock Exchange amid the speculation.

Alex Bell says: "Manchester United's share price dropped below 17.50 US dollars on the afternoon of Monday, April 21.

"The speculation surrounding David Moyes's future appears to have extended to the stock market.

"The share price was up at 17.89 US dollars at the start of play on Monday but dropped following media reports that Moyes was to be sacked after the club's American owners had lost faith in the Scot."

I had no idea this was even a thing. Yeah Moyes is finished

Last edited:

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
£27.5m for Fellaini, a great bit of business from Moyes.

No wonder the guy is up shit creek without a paddle.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm not a Man Utd fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel sorry for Moyes to be honest. Anyone who was stepping into Alex Ferguson's shoes was going to be on a hiding to nothing, and any one who thinks that a new manger would just pick up where Fergie left off is mad.

Most of the team are waaaaay past their best, and Moyes cannot teach old dogs new tricks. I think he deserves a least one season with a squad made up of mainly of fresh blood and then see how he does, I don't think sacking him and replacing him with any manager right now will help Utd in the short term.

You're just picking off the scab to re-open the wound... oh well, fucked if I care.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Please keep him. This is the most fun I've had watching football for a while.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Please keep him. This is the most fun I've had watching football for a while.

I feel the same way, but Tarma has a point. No manager is gonna strut on by and hit the ball running when SAF left. Feels good to see the Red Devils suffer like this, but Moyes was given a very steep hill to climb. Too bad that his tactics plus an ageing and thorougly spoiled squad compound all of that.

funny-man-utd-moyes-meme.jpg

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Well, it's not a rumour anymore:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107795

Genuinely feel sorry for the guy, even tho I really dislike Man Utd.

Two ironies here though:

1. Whoever replaces him is not going to turn round the club in one season either. Champions League place and League Cup / FA Cup if they're really lucky.

2. Most of the squad Moyes has had to deal with are leaving in the Summer so the new manager will pretty much have a clean(ish) slate.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
...Don't forget the Tottenham transfer list as well.. 100 million this year... and they're still shite...

xROTx

We don't know if that money was really pissed away. AVB has a bad reputation already for game preparation and foresight. Let's see if Allegri can make sense of Baldini's signings.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Well, it's not a rumour anymore:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107795

Genuinely feel sorry for the guy, even tho I really dislike Man Utd.

Two ironies here though:

1. Whoever replaces him is not going to turn round the club in one season either. Champions League place and League Cup / FA Cup if they're really lucky.

2. Most of the squad Moyes has had to deal with are leaving in the Summer so the new manager will pretty much have a clean(ish) slate.

That shite of a football journalist Phil McNulty stated that aside from Klopp, Althletico Madrid's Diego Simeone and even Louis Van Gaal are tipped to take over now after Giggs does his thing. Do Utd fans really think it will turn around that quickly?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
great article. It will be interesting to see how the last 4 games go for them. I wonder if Giggs will sub himself on

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
That shite of a football journalist Phil McNulty stated that aside from Klopp, Althletico Madrid's Diego Simeone and even Louis Van Gaal are tipped to take over now after Giggs does his thing. Do Utd fans really think it will turn around that quickly?

No one will turn the club round that quickly.

If they've got debt problems, then they'd best get on the blower to their bank manager. I doubt serious talk of league and cup doubles will be doing the rounds anytime over the next few seasons.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
No one will turn the club round that quickly.

If they've got debt problems, then they'd best get on the blower to their bank manager. I doubt serious talk of league and cup doubles will be doing the rounds anytime over the next few seasons.

That's what happens when you've been supported by a leveraged buyout I guess. :P

BTW, did any of you hear that SAF is gonna be helping to pick another Chosen One? WTF?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27123088

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Good. It worked out brilliantly last time!