Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: [Rumor] : Moyes 'likely' to be sacked today from United. Klopp poised to take over

  1. #1
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620

    [Rumor] : Moyes 'likely' to be sacked today from United. Klopp poised to take over

    Last edited by lantus360; 04-21-2014 at 10:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Windjammers Wonder
    ViolentStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London

    Posts
    1,383
    Close the door on your way out.

  3. #3
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,496
    just one of many who need to be pink slipped. Top of the list should be the current athletic director in charge of the transfers.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  4. #4
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    just one of many who need to be pink slipped. Top of the list should be the current athletic director in charge of the transfers.
    ...Don't forget the Tottenham transfer list as well.. 100 million this year... and they're still shite...

    xROTx

  5. #5
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620
    a great point Rot.

    all that Bale money pissed away

    edit:

    latest Moyes update

    "Our business desk tells us that United's share price fell on the New York Stock Exchange amid the speculation.

    Alex Bell says: "Manchester United's share price dropped below 17.50 US dollars on the afternoon of Monday, April 21.

    "The speculation surrounding David Moyes's future appears to have extended to the stock market.

    "The share price was up at 17.89 US dollars at the start of play on Monday but dropped following media reports that Moyes was to be sacked after the club's American owners had lost faith in the Scot."
    I had no idea this was even a thing. Yeah Moyes is finished
    Last edited by lantus360; 04-21-2014 at 10:53 AM.

  6. #6
    Windjammers Wonder
    ViolentStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London

    Posts
    1,383
    27.5m for Fellaini, a great bit of business from Moyes.

    No wonder the guy is up shit creek without a paddle.

  7. #7
    Old Man
    Tarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England

    Posts
    5,482
    I'm not a Man Utd fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel sorry for Moyes to be honest. Anyone who was stepping into Alex Ferguson's shoes was going to be on a hiding to nothing, and any one who thinks that a new manger would just pick up where Fergie left off is mad.

    Most of the team are waaaaay past their best, and Moyes cannot teach old dogs new tricks. I think he deserves a least one season with a squad made up of mainly of fresh blood and then see how he does, I don't think sacking him and replacing him with any manager right now will help Utd in the short term.

    You're just picking off the scab to re-open the wound... oh well, fucked if I care.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

    Not going to happen."


    Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"


    Peanutbutterjammatime

  8. #8
    Bao's Babysitter
    Markell1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    2,832
    Please keep him. This is the most fun I've had watching football for a while.


  9. #9
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Markell1991 View Post
    Please keep him. This is the most fun I've had watching football for a while.
    I feel the same way, but Tarma has a point. No manager is gonna strut on by and hit the ball running when SAF left. Feels good to see the Red Devils suffer like this, but Moyes was given a very steep hill to climb. Too bad that his tactics plus an ageing and thorougly spoiled squad compound all of that.

    funny-man-utd-moyes-meme.jpg

  10. #10
    Old Man
    Tarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England

    Posts
    5,482
    Well, it's not a rumour anymore:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107795

    Genuinely feel sorry for the guy, even tho I really dislike Man Utd.

    Two ironies here though:

    1. Whoever replaces him is not going to turn round the club in one season either. Champions League place and League Cup / FA Cup if they're really lucky.

    2. Most of the squad Moyes has had to deal with are leaving in the Summer so the new manager will pretty much have a clean(ish) slate.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

    Not going to happen."


    Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"


    Peanutbutterjammatime

  11. #11
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    ...Don't forget the Tottenham transfer list as well.. 100 million this year... and they're still shite...

    xROTx
    We don't know if that money was really pissed away. AVB has a bad reputation already for game preparation and foresight. Let's see if Allegri can make sense of Baldini's signings.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  12. #12
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    Well, it's not a rumour anymore:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107795

    Genuinely feel sorry for the guy, even tho I really dislike Man Utd.

    Two ironies here though:

    1. Whoever replaces him is not going to turn round the club in one season either. Champions League place and League Cup / FA Cup if they're really lucky.

    2. Most of the squad Moyes has had to deal with are leaving in the Summer so the new manager will pretty much have a clean(ish) slate.

    That shite of a football journalist Phil McNulty stated that aside from Klopp, Althletico Madrid's Diego Simeone and even Louis Van Gaal are tipped to take over now after Giggs does his thing. Do Utd fans really think it will turn around that quickly?

  13. #13
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,496
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  14. #14
    Windjammers Wonder
    ViolentStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London

    Posts
    1,383
    I have heard rumours that Moyes was sacked because of debts and wages, giving Moyes a 6 year contract and sacking him only 9 months at the helm is not doing them any favours.

    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/moyes-give...6.html#4MHx3ic

  15. #15
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620
    great article. It will be interesting to see how the last 4 games go for them. I wonder if Giggs will sub himself on

  16. #16
    Bao's Babysitter
    Markell1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    2,832


  17. #17
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,496
    http://www.football.com/en-us/commun...r-22-Apr-2014/

    my open letter to the club asking to be made manager.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  18. #18
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    Righteous writing.

  19. #19
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    http://www.football.com/en-us/commun...r-22-Apr-2014/

    my open letter to the club asking to be made manager.
    LMAO... you awesome silly...

    ...Unsure how you feel about it tho... but I wouldn't pack my bags JUST yet...

    xROTx

    PS. DAMMIT! I wanted Motes to stay.... Easy 6 points every season...

  20. #20
    Bao's Babysitter
    Markell1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    PS. DAMMIT! I wanted Motes to stay.... Easy 6 points every season...
    Me and you both friend.


  21. #21
    Old Man
    Tarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England

    Posts
    5,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    That shite of a football journalist Phil McNulty stated that aside from Klopp, Althletico Madrid's Diego Simeone and even Louis Van Gaal are tipped to take over now after Giggs does his thing. Do Utd fans really think it will turn around that quickly?
    No one will turn the club round that quickly.

    If they've got debt problems, then they'd best get on the blower to their bank manager. I doubt serious talk of league and cup doubles will be doing the rounds anytime over the next few seasons.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

    Not going to happen."


    Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"


    Peanutbutterjammatime

  22. #22
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    No one will turn the club round that quickly.

    If they've got debt problems, then they'd best get on the blower to their bank manager. I doubt serious talk of league and cup doubles will be doing the rounds anytime over the next few seasons.
    That's what happens when you've been supported by a leveraged buyout I guess. :P

    BTW, did any of you hear that SAF is gonna be helping to pick another Chosen One? WTF?

    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27123088

  23. #23
    Bao's Babysitter
    Markell1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    2,832
    Good. It worked out brilliantly last time!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •