Kirby's Return To Dreamland

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
As much Nin-hating as I do, I'll jump on the bandwagon for this - Kirby is fun shit regardless of how hard it is. If you think about it, most Nintendo shit could be put in the too easy bin compared to the arcade games we enjoy. One was made for entertaining a broad audience for at least a few hours, the other was made to separate you from a quarter in 2-3 minutes.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I've always appreciated the relaxing nature of Kirby games mixed with the aesthetic. Not everything I play needs to hate me. Also, the series has always been unafraid to experiment with art style and mechanics like dreamland 3, epic yarn, mass attack etc. that's the benefit of being on the nintendo B team. For me, Mario games always deliver but it would be awesome if they tried out different things more for Mario akin to Kirby.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
For me, Mario games always deliver but it would be awesome if they tried out different things more for Mario akin to Kirby.

Super_Mario_Sunshine_Desktop_by_princesspeach11.jpg

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Oh yeah, forgot about Mario Sunshine and its god awful camera. But yes, it was more on the experimental side. Too bad it was a chore to play.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Oh yeah, forgot about Mario Sunshine and its god awful camera. But yes, it was more on the experimental side. Too bad it was a chore to play.

Luigi's Mansion is great though and, indirectly, that too (more or less) is an experimental "Mario" game, just dressed in Green ;)

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Mario Sunshine was dross, too right the game was a chore collecting those crap blue coins.

Mario 64 is still the best 3d platformer out there.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Mario Sunshine was dross, too right the game was a chore collecting those crap blue coins.

Mario 64 is still the best 3d platformer out there.

I still will happily play mario 64 til this day. Sunshine, I haven't played since I beat it back in 2003 and it's the only 3d Mario game that I didn't 100% finish. Just couldn't do it. I like the water gimmick, fantastic overworld, excellent music- it just wasn't fun enough fighting that camera and doing that blue coin bullshit in too many dud level designs. The best part of the game (the bonus stages) did pave the way for Galaxy so credit where it's due. I don't think it's pure shit but it is my least favorite 3d Mario game.