Any BF4 folks in here? (PS4)

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi,

I recently started playing BF4 on PS4, TDM is kinda boring, but running rush/conquest alone is...not so funny...

any casual gangbang I can join in here!?
I would like to improve, but without playing with others, there is not so much I can do right now..

:(

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Hi,

I recently started playing BF4 on PS4, TDM is kinda boring, but running rush/conquest alone is...not so funny...

any casual gangbang I can join in here!?
I would like to improve, but without playing with others, there is not so much I can do right now..

:(

This game was broken for so long, I just gave up playing it. After 4 patches it still wouldn't run properly on my ps4. I should try again sometime. I know violentstorm is playing this regulary, I guess the european version runs better or something.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
TDM was the best for me especially in Siege of Shanghai and Hainan Resort, but you are right about one thing conquest and obliteration is no fun without friends and getting those respective achievements are tricky at best.

If you need help with boosting, holler at me.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I've logged an embarrassing 225 hours into the PC version. If I put that time into some of my stgs maybe I'd have more clears under my belt.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
thanks guys, indeed I realize this game is probably made for clans... vstorm, appreciated your offer, in case I'll drop you a pm!

Cheers,

Massi

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Anbody else playing this on PC?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I have it on ps4, not playing a whole ton as I have no friends into this one on ps4 yet and playing this one alone just aint the same.

PSN= mistercomplexz

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Got it on ps4. PSN- professordenimhk

I've been playing it a bit more recently. Its fun but gets boring fast without a decent team or friends.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Great, sent you guys a FR, one more and we could even make a squad I think :)

Let's give it a try, I'm sure it will be fun!

Thanks,

Massi

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've got PC and XB1. Our x360 cod group has pretty much switched over to xb1 and BF4.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Guys I have a question for you.... how do I understand how lag is impacting aim?

I mean, rubber band is one thing, obvious, but what if the enemy moved already and I "think" it is still there due to "traditional" lag? I.e. in Quake 3 (my only attempt years ago to play FPS multiplayer) I remember I could see the enemy PG disappearing for a ms and reappearing in another position...here it seems that the enemy PG is always rendered...am I wrong? Just to understand if it is just an "hitbox" issue, or indeed I think I am aiming to enemy's old position, as sometimes I hit a guy but then he kills me with 100% health...?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
This is kinda GGPO style netcode I think, if it's laggy you will find things jumping backwards alot. You should have minimal input delay, you won't need to lead your aim like a laggy quake match..... but I guess you kinda have to lead your aim constantly in this game anyway with all that gravity effected bullet realism bullshit :)

sometimes you can shoot someone in netcode like this and have it actually hit them on your screen, but the lag jumps back and you are dead and he is unharmed... I guess your game predicted he would have zigged and you shot him there, but in reality he zagged and killed you. Then the game goes back and corrects it's mistake on your screen.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
This is kinda GGPO style netcode I think, if it's laggy you will find things jumping backwards alot. You should have minimal input delay, you won't need to lead your aim like a laggy quake match..... but I guess you kinda have to lead your aim constantly in this game anyway with all that gravity effected bullet realism bullshit :)

sometimes you can shoot someone in netcode like this and have it actually hit them on your screen, but the lag jumps back and you are dead and he is unharmed... I guess your game predicted he would have zigged and you shot him there, but in reality he zagged and killed you. Then the game goes back and corrects it's mistake on your screen.

Yep, just realized this "Network Smoothing Factor" option , here it is well explained.

Default was set to 40, I lowered to zero, let's see how it goes...

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
As soon rent a server is properly working (it seems no server are available fro now, until the situation is stable) I'm going to rent one to see how it goes.

It could be nice to train etc... I'll let you know when it is done!

Cheers

DPsx7

Banned
I have it on PS3, both because of free online and because I use an Aimon. The PS4 doesn't have a mouse option yet.

I sorta disagree. While a squad could make it more fun I played much of BF3 and BF4 by myself. Only occasionally a friend would join. The way I play is more stealthy so I prefer not having a ton of people around. I swing wide, flank, remove snipers, set C4 traps, stuff like that. The other benefit to playing alone is you don't have a bunch of noisy people chatting about nonsense when you need to hear important game cues. I use surround sound and actually hear when other players are running nearby. That has saved me from losing my tags many times. My fave modes are rush and defuse.