AES 3-6 Horizontal Glitches

io.

n00b
Hi,

I'm trying to find out what's going wrong with this AES 3-6.
I have some horizontal clones/ghosts sprites as seen on the picture below.

When I switch on the console, there is some garbage on the screen, then comes the Neo Geo logo with the same glitch as above.
Without any cartridge, the boot ends with a blue screen which should mean that everything is OK (except for the Z80 which is not tested).
The slot pins are clean, the sound is clear, games play fine and I have remelted solders of nearly all IC whose pins go through the PCB.

I'm thinking about a video RAM addressing problem because of the partial duplicated sprites.

If you have any idea or if you know which chip is involved in video RAM addressing, I'm all ears :)

Thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Without a cart installed power on the system and let us know what color the screen is.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
He already said it boots to a blue screen without a cartridge.

Could be an inadequate power supply.

io.

n00b
It's a MegaDrive power supply which works fine with my other AES 3-6. But I will test with something else.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The LSPC2 controls the addressing. Check for maybe a solder blob connection two pins together.

io.

n00b
Yes, good call. Even if I did a good checking on everything, I missed a detail. As you can see some pins as been pushed back on the LSPC2, I'm gonna check the continuity and repair that.
AES_3-6_LSPC2.jpg

I'll let you know.

Thank you.

Last edited: