Neo Geo Kidney Bean Joystick Colors?

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have these two kidney bean joysticks and they're different colors. one is smooth and black, the other is matte and dark grey, what's the deal?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Mine are the same way, I always just assumed that someone with really greasy hands owned the shiny one for a while :-P

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Mine are the same way, I always just assumed that someone with really greasy hands owned the shiny one for a while :-P

haha it is kind of like using armorall once on a dashboard-- greasy forever. started thinking maybe it was revised to the less black with the release of the cdz?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Not sure when each color variant was introduced but I know there are at least two different boxes they came in, one has a green top and the other a silver top. Also, the super rare hotel units have two tone controllers with the main case body being a medium gray color and the palm rest black, they also have 1P(red) and 2P(blue) markings on them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
From what I remember the gray one also has a removable palm plate, I never checked the black one but I'm almost sure it isn't removable.

G

greeneye8181

AES sticks are the same way.
I have two that have the American look. Shinier with a bit of a purple hue to the buttons and balltop.
I have one that is more matte with a more black color to the buttons and balltop. I assume thats the Japanese stick