Buying wholesale lots on ebay

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I bought a wholesale lot of SFMC games locally, and now I want to try buying some from Japan, and for other systems as well. For anyone who has bought lots from Japan, what have been your experiences as far as receiving duplicates, sports titles, and other unusual Japanese majong type games as opposed to seemingly more desirable genres? Any differences between systems?

I have noticed that Yamatoku-classic's pictures do not really show much about the games in the lots, but his lots have more games, while hit Japan's pictures show some well known game sin the pictures to at least let you know they are in there, but the lots have less games.

I should say that I'm not looking to score rare games or even the more desirable titles, but rather just want to increase my collection with bulk, and these lots seem to be a good way to do that. Having said that, I wonder if I will be seeing duplicates of the same sports games most of the time.

On a side note, I didn't know Japan liked sports games so much. I have come across many baseball, soccer, racing, horse racing, and wrestling games so far. I like that the games are at least about the Japanese leagues.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Here's a rule of thumb, if they don't list the games... then they are mostly sports and mahjong games + doubles.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Here's a rule of thumb, if they don't list the games... then they are mostly sports and mahjong games + doubles.

+1. We are beyond the point in time when there were good, hidden deals to be found on eBay. It is now far more likely that sellers know what they're doing and only leave out information to try to trick buyers or cover their asses.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I avoid them like the plague. You pick up so much crap and dupes. Plus I hate the hassle of trying to sell junk.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
exactly. Buy american lots listed crappy and resell. The last thing you want is to piece out 50 mahjong, obscure rpg's, and sports titles in singles on ebay. They will sell for pennies or sit for months at a fixed price. I've sold 3 famicom disk titles in the last 2 months out of 18 that are much cheaper than you could get them from japan. Especially if you are using a credit card to buy these. You need to factor in finance charges cause games have been sitting over a month. I do well buying large american lots with consoles, cleaning them, and installing holders in the good games. And I sell the crap in a lot and piece out the good stuff.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I can see that many of the games I may not want to keep from lots could be hard to get rid off.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
EMS(2-5days) North America $285.0 / Europe $333.0 / Oceania $285.0/ Asia $208.0 / South America $553.0
Air(1-2weeks) North America $--- / Europe $--- / Oceania $---/ Asia $--- / South America $---
SAL(2-4weeks) North America $--- / Europe $--- / Oceania $---/ Asia $--- / South America $---
Surface(2-3MONTHs) North America $120.00 / Europe $120.00 / Oceania $120.00/ Asia $67.00 / South America $114.00

Realistically, the shipping charge is probably more than what the lot itself is worth.

Rob Black

4" Chinaman Slave,
I would avoid them.

I bought a few lots (150 Famicom games, 150 Super Famicom games, 150 PS2 games) I got mostly sports games, dating sims, RPGS. Waste of money IMO

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You got gypped. A pair of soiled panties ain't worth a damn without the pic of the girl wearing it attached. XD