Ultimate Warrior Dead days after Wrestlemania 30!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
dude was an amazing character. did what he did and said what he wanted to say. this is something we should all aspire to. rip warrior

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Couldn't believe the news this morning!

Time for some WWF Wrestlefest action in the candy cab I think... Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior tag time action!

tumblr_mil730UD921qd4q8ao2_500.gif

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
He was one of the very few wrestlers that ever bodyslammed Andre the Giant.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I saw this a little while ago but assumed it was an April Fool's day joke that had taken a few days to get around to me. Fucking awful.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Given whats happened, that speech of his sounded very ominous. RIP.

Ki, you may be right about the roids but I think I'll be placing more blame on the blow here...in the 80s anyone who could afford that shit was using it.
Jack Ritter's ticker conked out in his mid to late 50s IIRC and I don't think steroids did him in.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
A major icon of wrestling but certainly of the 80's as well, has left us. RIP.

landsharkzero

New Challenger
I am still in shock. Unbelievable how you see him on Raw Monday and now he's gone in less than 24 hours. His speech indicated that he knew something was wrong. At least he got to make peace with a lot of people from his past.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Note to Iron Sheik:
Don't ever reconcile with Hogan.

Look at what it did for Savage and Warrior.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Iron Sheik was alway smy favorite wrestler to imitate.

'EEERAN! NUMBAHR HWAN! RUSSEEYA! NUMBAHR HWAN! HEW ESS EY! ACH! PTOO!"

As for Warrior, sad to see it happen. Glad he got inducted and mended fences. I hope that the things that come out of his autopsy don't diminish his importance to the business and his enduring mass appeal.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Such a shame, Warrior was one hell of a icon. I saw that clip of him on RAW and he just looked shattered from talking. A real shame.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Guy took zero shit from anybody. My favorite thing of all time was his diatribe against Ted Dibiase for the shit he said on the Self-Destruction DVD. He fucking lays into that shithead and holds nothing back. Some excerpts:

DiBiase's Christianity & Past Sins: "Let’s be honest, here, Father Teddy. (What irony, having to instruct a man-of-the-cloth to be honest.) It was never guilt that made you change your ways to become a man of God. It was gluttony — and your dark desire to continue getting away with it. You’ve never had the discipline, in your whole life, to restrain your appetites for anything — and you still don’t. All you’ve done is substitute vices and indulgences. When you were in the business and your ego was powered by your gimmick and your fame and celebrity, you were gluttonous for sluts and salacious thoughts and living. When it was all over, the superficiality of celebrity was gone and you had nothing to cling to anymore to cover up your natural repulsiveness. Even the worst whores have standards. Once you were nothing, without the TV and the Million Dollar Man gimmick (which WWF footed the entire bill for), they wanted nothing to do with you anymore. You crawled home on your knees to your wife and God, all seemingly in the desire to be forgiven. But all you’ve truly done is use religion as an excuse and means to continue getting away with other forms of self-indulgent gluttony."

DiBiase Calling Himself a Warrior: "Let’s get real, Teddy. You certainly never, ever came close to looking or acting like a warrior at any time during your life. On some level, it seems to me and I imagine many others, associating oneself with the concept “warrior” should or would have something to do with self-discipline, meaningful sacrifices, inner strength, digging deep within oneself to be the best one can be, integrity, honor, etc. More especially so in your case, now, since your goal as a man-of-the-cloth is to guide people away from the forces that lure them to be the worst they can be. And to do this you use the Bible’s inspiring stories of warrior-like individuals who practiced these honorable virtues, right?"

Satan's Pig: "I really think this is where you fail the best in being a fraud, a hypocrite — a real snake-oil salesman. In fact, you fail so successfully at gluttony, I think you missed the calling of what would have been your best gimmick. The one that truly fits: Satan’s Pig. You are the embodiment of Satan’s Pig. Your face, body, mind and spirit provide the perfect image of it. Amazing, isn’t it? After all these years of stumbling around to squeeze yourself to a gimmick, you finally come face to face with your best gimmick — the real you."

Warrior's Success vs. DiBiase's: "You say the only time I had a great match was when someone was leading me around by the nose. Once and for all, let’s stop the bull**** and put things in no uncertain terms: without guys like me, Ted Dibiase, you never would have worked a Main Event match in the WWF.

"You were so smart about the business, Teddy, you were too stupid to figure out how it really works. Guys like you funded petty cash. Guys like me — and Hogan and Savage at the time — paid the mortgages and the travel bills and the production costs of the whole operation. Your profit making contribution was like hitting three cherries on a nickel slot machine. Mine was like hitting the Powerball Jackpot. I earned my limousine. Yours was provided as part of your silly gimmick. Reality check: my quarterly royalty checks were for more money than you made in a whole year. It was never about who could draw money with a guy like you — it was always about who could draw money with a guy like me. Guys like you were one-of-many. Guys like me were one-of-a-kind."

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Given whats happened, that speech of his sounded very ominous. RIP.

Ki, you may be right about the roids but I think I'll be placing more blame on the blow here...in the 80s anyone who could afford that shit was using it.
Jack Ritter's ticker conked out in his mid to late 50s IIRC and I don't think steroids did him in.

'Roids and coke.

Yeah, I'm sure you guys are right... just look at Randy Savage. All those guys probably did enough blow to kill an elder god.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
His promos were pure awesome incoherent babble:

I, Hulk...Hogan, have a question...to answer your question. As you, Hulk Hogan, travel to...WRESTLEMANIA...by conventional means, the normals you travel with experience malfunctions. As you realize ALL THAT IS LEFT is total self-destruction, do you, Hulk Hogan, show self-pity? DO YOU, Hulk Hogan, try to reason why? Do you, Hulk Hogan, try and comfort the normals that have even more fear than you?

Or do you, Hulk Hogan, kick the doors out? Kick the cockpit door down. Take the two pilots that have already made the sacrifice so that you can face the challenge. Dispose of them, Hulk Hogan. Assume the controls, Hulk Hogan. SHOVE THAT CONTROL INTO A NOSEDIVE, HULK HOGAN! Push yourself to total self-dstruction. As you realize, Hulk Hogan, you are about to enter a world close to Parts Unknown. Ah, smell it, warriors. Do you, Hulk Hogan, look for a place to hide? Or do you, Hulk Hogan, face the challenge that may be more powerful than EVEN YOU ARE, HULK HOGAN!

You, Hulk Hogan, must self-destruct so that you will know, Hulk Hogan, who is...The Chose One. FOR HULK HOGAN, I am not the Chosen One...that you speak of. I am not. I, Hulk Hogan, am...the only...one...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
One of these days, I'm going to make an effort to say someone's name 60 times in a 3 minute span as I'm talking about them.

Maybe it'll be the next time Saner posts.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
RIP

I think his match against Hogan was the first time I've seen a face vs. face match without a heel.